objects positions and other options change in flex container from time to time

Questions related to the Responsive Web Design tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/respon ... esign.html
Please read this first before posting any questions! Also check out the example project to get an idea how the RWD concept works.

Responsive Web Design FAQ:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/view ... 10&t=63817
longman

objects positions and other options change in flex container from time to time

Post by longman » Thu May 24, 2018 12:30 pm

Hello,

The stuffs i have in my Flex container or Flex grid in either default or breakpoints, that i have adjusted, they get back to previous conditions while I have not touched them, it happens out of nowhere, I don't know why.

Its like omg I had adjusted my stuffs in my breakpoints, why are they messy again...why it happened

How do I prevent that?

Pablo

Re: objects positions and other options change in flex container from time to time

Post by Pablo » Thu May 24, 2018 12:41 pm

Can you please be more specific?
What exactly did you do?

longman

Re: objects positions and other options change in flex container from time to time

Post by longman » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:01 am

I keep facing some nerve-racking issues, let me try to describe them:

I have my responsive CSS menu in a flex container in my Master page, it has a breakpoint of 768 too. the container has a 35 margin for the bottom, in order to put some distance between my Masterpage header menu and other pages contents.

As I keep working with WB, after some time I see my flex container height in Masterpage has become bigger from the bottom (it gets bigger on default page as much as my responsive menu in its 728 breakpoint (in column).

I don't know what triggers WB to misbehave and automatically mak the size of the container bigger, without me ever doing it.

My number 2 problem is page (workplace) height, it all of sudden becomes wayyy to long, over 50,000, why it gets too long auutomatically? then each time I have to resize it back to like 3,000.

longman

Post by longman » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:19 am

Alright number 2 problem solved by making the height of Flex grid to Fixed. no more page height gets larger

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:12 am

I'm sorry, but I need more details about how this has happened.
If I do not know how to reproduce this behavior then I cannot give you advise what to do about it.

Are you using the latest build (6/2/2018)?

longman

Post by longman » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:49 am

longman wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:19 am
Alright number 2 problem solved by making the height of Flex grid to Fixed. no more page height gets larger
It solved the problem, but a bigger problem happened, when i previewed the page, every object was messed up.

Pablo, will download the latest version and test.

Will also try to create a sample site and send you to check. I'll report back soon

longman

Post by longman » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:55 am

Just found out where the problem arises!

I created a small Flex grid, with text in left grid, please download and open sample here https://expirebox.com/download/c014dd5f ... 15dd6.html

I created two page, index page has no problem, the second page has the problem, and the problem arises ONLY if I add column gap.

In the second page, do exact following:

1. check the flex grid height and page height, everything is fine.

2. As soon as you try to zoom out (make the page smaller) go until 50%, then you will see the grids will mess up, go all further down and down.

3. now Zoom in, bring back to 100% and you will see the height of both Flex grid and page has become long and long.

If you do the same on index page, nothing wrong will happen, all is fine. but on second page, with column gap in between grids, all go wrong

Notes:

I really love to use the gap between columns, it helps to adjust my site elements when one make the browser smaller.

The above file is just a small sample, imagine my site has grids filled with stuffs and texts, when i zoom in and ouut, sometimes all stuffs get messy and i guess it even lowers the speed.

So the problem will be solved if the grids won't get bigger while having Column gaps. is this a bug that can be solved? I hope so

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:08 pm

Sorry for the delay, I usually do not work on Sundays...

The problem seems to be related to the way Windows calculates the text size when scaled below 100%.
I have tried to implement a workaround for this in the latest build, can you try if this works for you?

longman

Post by longman » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:10 am

Pablo wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:08 pm
Sorry for the delay, I usually do not work on Sundays...

The problem seems to be related to the way Windows calculates the text size when scaled below 100%.
I have tried to implement a workaround for this in the latest build, can you try if this works for you?
You mean a workaround in the upcoming latest build? or the current 2 June build? I am now using the 2 june version and i have this problem.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:01 am

The workaround has been implemented in the June 3, 2018 build.

longman

Post by longman » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:38 am

BIG THANKS Pablo! It's solved now!

I am overwhelmed by the integrity, the level of support, professionalism and everything here!

longman

Post by longman » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:01 pm

Hi Pablo,

Another disturbing bug, I hope it can be solved, because each time I have to go to masterpage and resize it.

i have attached the file https://expirebox.com/download/9c09e073 ... df328.html

There is a flex grid on Masterpage, i gave it padding 35, so that there will be a space with pages contents.

On homepage, there is my flex grid with contents in it. Here the misbehaving happens - As soon as I create a 768 breakpoint, then when i get back to default page, i see size of the flex gird on homepage (from masterpage) has increased for no reason.

So to see the bug, all you have to do is go to Defauly page and create a 768 breakpoints, then you will see th4e misbehaving.

Thanks!

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:55 pm

The master page should have the same breakpoint as the page. Otherwise the style sheets will get mixed up.
So, first add a 768 breakpoint to the master page and then add it to the page.

longman

Post by longman » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:08 pm

Pablo wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:55 pm
The master page should have the same breakpoint as the page. Otherwise the style sheets will get mixed up.
So, first add a 768 breakpoint to the master page and then add it to the page.
Thanks, solved!

longman

Post by longman » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:56 pm

Pablo, one small question,

I removed some of the grids inside my flex grid, or even renamed, then i noticed the contents in those changed grids were not deleted from the actual page (i saw them in object manager) and then i deleted from Object manager window.

Is there an option to enable deleting objects inside a grid in case in Flex grid properties window i remove a grid so its objects get removed too?

If i hadn't noticed those contents in deleted grids inside the Object manager window, then i would have had not known.