Text formatting changers in 320 breakpoint

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
kevindef

Text formatting changers in 320 breakpoint

Post by kevindef » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:36 am

Hi,

I am still stuck with this old problem with no resolve. I have brought this up before on this forum, uploaded project files etc but still was unable to find a solution to this problem. My text keeps reformatting by itself to different point size and font on the 320 break point. I work with 6 break points, the text format remain the same (until I mess with them) on all breakpoints except when it comes to the 320 - that's when, for no reason at all the text reformat itself.

Also to make matters worse, the page Error Report shows No Error Found even though there are objects outside the viewport.

All these weird things started to happen after my recent WB update.

Please, please, please, can someone help me out here?

Pablo

Re: Text formatting changers in 320 breakpoint

Post by Pablo » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:04 am

To be able to help you I need to know what you have done.
Please share your project file and describe the exact step how to reproduce this behavior.

kevindef

Post by kevindef » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:44 am

Hello Pablo,

As requested, I have emailed you (support@...) the project files along with two capture images showing the original text font on 480 and the text change by default in 320 breakpoints. Also I am using Google fonts, so I have attached the Google font files for Oswald and Roboto.

Hope this will assist in finding a solution to my problem with the text font & point size changing in the 320 breakpoints by default. Ideally, the 320 breakpoints should have the same font and text size same as the rest of the text in other breakpoints. For some reason, the text in 320 changers by itself to a different font type and point size. Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:00 am

Responsive fonts is enabled for the text so that means that if can have a different font sizes in breakpoints.
To change the font in the breakpoint, select the text and set a the different fonts size.
or disable the option 'Enable responsive fonts', in that case fonts will be the same in all breakpoint.

kevindef

Post by kevindef » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:50 am

Thanks. I get that. But what i don't understand is how is that the font type changes from Roboto on all breakpoints to Quicksand only on the 320 breakpoints? Like I've said before, I have been working on this software for a while now but never experienced something like this before.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:54 am

Without knowing exactly what you have done it will be difficult to say anything meaningful about this. All I can see now if that the font is different. There is no way for me to tell whether you have done this yourself or if this was done automatically for some reason.
The only way I can help you find out what has happened is if you give me the project version before it changed and then describe me the exact steps how to get duplicate this behavior.

For example, create a new page and try to duplicate the problem. If the same thing happens again then share project (without the 320 breakpoint) and describe the steps to reproduce it so I can trace what has gone wrong.

kevindef

Post by kevindef » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:10 am

Hi Pablo,

As requested, I emailed you the project file for examine the issue related to text changing on the 320 breakpoints. I have opened a new project and added the text as you have suggested. I have also added the 320 breakpoints to check if the problem is still there, and for some reason it works fine now. Perhaps the issue was an isolated one that was more specific to my last two projects. I will continue to work on this new project by adding elements and see if the issue props up again, so I can identify what’s causing the problem.

However, I still have the issue on the page ‘Error Report’ not reporting objects outside the breakpoints. Is there any reason for this?

Thanks for your help.

kevindef

Post by kevindef » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:11 am

Sorry the text colour did not show the last para well - so repeating it again.

However, I still have the issue on the page ‘Error Report’ not reporting objects outside the breakpoints. Is there any reason for this?

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:20 am

Did you copy the text in this project from another project?
For text, breakpoints are stored with the text. So that means that if you copy the text object then it will also copy the breakpoint data.
I still have the issue on the page ‘Error Report’ not reporting objects outside the breakpoints. Is there any reason for this?
Do you mean 'Object is outside the viewport'?
This means that the object is not within the page boundaries.

kevindef

Post by kevindef » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:24 am

Yes I did bring in a page or two from one of my other projects (that has breakpoints set) into the one that has the issue, and copied the text into other pages as well. And no, I did not know that copying the text object then it will also copy the breakpoint data. So now I'll be careful with that process.

Page 'Error Report' issue:

And yes, I meant 'Object is outside the viewport'. The page 'Error Report' does not identify and report on objects outside the page boundaries, even though I have deliberately kept an object outside the viewport. It used to, but for some reason, does not anymore.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:49 am

I have disabled this message in the latest update because many users found it confusing.

kevindef

Post by kevindef » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:05 am

Really? I thought that was a great feature to check if all objects are inside the page boundaries at each breakpoint. What a shame. I am blind without it. Pretty handy feature for a designer like myself. Anyway, at least I know it's nothing to do with the software. That's a relief.

Thanks mate.