Inconsistent results with mobile version of my site

Questions related to the Responsive Web Design tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/respon ... esign.html
Please read this first before posting any questions! Also check out the example project to get an idea how the RWD concept works.

Responsive Web Design FAQ:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/view ... 10&t=63817
jddg

Inconsistent results with mobile version of my site

Post by jddg » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:18 pm

Hello ..new to WWB and web authoring, any advice will be greatly appreciated.

I've tried designing site with various layers, flexboxes and grids. Nothing is working for me and my results are seeming random. My site will load fine one minute and jarbled the next. Looks clean in WWB and on a desktop. Got to the point thinking it's a bandwidth/wifi/cache or hosting issue so called host support who tried it on multiple devices and it worked perfectly every time. Ok maybe it's my Windows Phone, fine. I texted a friend a link and he's getting the same thing I am on LG Android. Just really no idea at this point, not sure what I'm doing wrong.

My mobile site is 1334 x 750 px, if you could please have a look..
https://danger.graphics/index.htm

Thanks as always,
jddg

jddg

Re: Inconsistent results with mobile version of my site

Post by jddg » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:46 pm

Looking now at my site in my desktop browser ..seems now it's also having issues. That horizontal gap on the bottom of the page wasn't there yesterday. I haven't changed/published a thing, looks fine in WWB. No idea.

Thanks,
jddg

jddg

Post by jddg » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:26 pm

I suppose I may have missed it yesterday, never had that gap before yesterday. Desktop view was always fine. There is nothing in the wbs to explain it that I can see. I just don't know.

jddg

jddg

Post by jddg » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:36 pm

Sorry, some confusion on my part. I've addressed the gap issue. Mobile advice would still be appreciated.

Thanks,
jddg

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:44 pm

There is a scrollbar at the bottom of the page, this indicates that there are objects outside the viewport.
It does not look like you have implemented breakpoints for smaller screen so that is why it does not look good on mobiles.
I do see some breakpoints, but the values do not make any sense to me (from what I can see based on the HTML code).

Related tutorial:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/rwd_basics.html

Tip: try not to do too much at a time. Start with the basics and first try to make that work on different devices before adding more stuff to the page.

Also try to pick one layout mode and focus on that instead of trying to mix multiple techniques.
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum ... 10&t=76722

Example:
1. choose layout grids.
2. Implement a basic layout
3. Tests on multiple devices.
Does it work? Go to the next step.
I s there a problem? Ask for help before moving on, so we can point you in the right direction before it becomes too difficult to figure out what you have done.

jddg

Post by jddg » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:41 pm

Hello and thank you for the response. I do need to learn the fundamentals, was hoping to have something up quick for the Holidays.

I've read the most common mobile screen size in North America is 1334 x 750px so the 1334px wide I would guess is my breakpoint ..so I assumed anyway. New

It had been displaying perfectly in my edge browser until just today. I haven't changed a thing. My host support tried 2 different browsers, one centered perfectly one off two the side. Just hard to make adjustments when you're getting fairly random results.

Just now checking the wbs F5 preview in WWB and the page is not centered ..just like the current published site. Again haven't changed a thing.

It's basically 6 layers on top of a slideshow. Slideshow being inside a layout grid. I've set the desktop size to 1920 x 1080px. Being in graphics it looks pretty familiar really, gone over the page/layer sizes over and over. Trying various ways to try to get these objects to fill whatever screen proportionately. There are many.

Really the only thing peculiar to me is the size of the layout grid. It won't allow me to change it's properties to 1920 x 1080px, it's currently 1920 x 60. It seems fairly common in the documentation that these layout grids tend to just preview somewhat elongated. Not sure if that’s the case.

Again thanks for the reply, I'll keep trying. Any input will be appreciated!

jddg

jddg

Post by jddg » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:51 pm

Guess it's no longer just a mobile issue as I had initially posted. Thx again

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:32 am

I do not think 1334 x 750 is a common mobile size. There are many screens which are smaller.

Note that I cannot see what you have done based on the HTML code only, if you need further assistance then please share your project file.

jddg

Post by jddg » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:03 pm

Thanks again for the response. Can you recommend a mobile size?

A link to my wbs is below. Please any advice will be appreciated. I had an issue in the last few days but just needed to add code to force to the https site, seems now to be working ok for the most part. If you clear your phone cache and visit the site it loads properly, if you reload the slideshow gets reduced to 1/4 the page ..for some reason. At least on my Windows 10 phone.

I also tried over the weekend experimenting with layers in a "clean slate" new file just trying simple different options ..default/floating ..full width/full screen/100vh ..relative horizontal sizing/position etc. Results varied. I think what I need are floating full screen layers. I can assign that to layers 1-5, but layer 6 shifts off the page for some reason. No idea why. I try to delete and recreate layer 6 but lose 1-5. So just frustrating.

Here is the link…
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkLAWCMtcu-1ge9G9HaOY0fVmysePw

Thank you!

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:15 am

Thanks again for the response. Can you recommend a mobile size?
Normally I start with 1280 as the default view. And then add 768 and 480 as breakpoint.
But as mentioned in the FAQ, it all depends on your layout. You add breakpoints because the layout 'breaks' at some point.

Note that if you use layers then the layout will be 'fixed', so objects will not dynamically reposition.
When using layout grid the layout will be flexible.
Do you want to use fixed or flexible layout?

Did you look at the templates, maybe that will help you get started?
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/templates0.html

jddg

Post by jddg » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:11 pm

Thank you.. so 1280 wide for the desktop, 768 for mobile? tablet?

I think I'd like the design to be fixed "proportionally" ...same view as desktop but smaller was what I was going for. Just the one mobile landscape view for now I think will work. The outside the viewport stuff I can live with.

The size should be an easy fix, the way it's loading/not reloading is more of a concern. Suppose they could be related.

jddg

Post by jddg » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:13 pm

I did look at some of the templates before beginning, will revisit. Thank you!

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:11 pm

The size should be an easy fix, the way it's loading/not reloading is more of a concern
As previously mentioned, I suggest you start with the basics and the add new stuff step by step.
Then if you run into problems then you can always go one step back and ask for help.

If you try to do too much at the same time then it also will be difficult for me to figure out where you have gone wrong.

jddg

Post by jddg » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:12 pm

Thank you. Did you notice any glaring mistakes in my wbs?

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:17 am

I think the basis of your project is wrong.
The default view is to wide and the 1134 breakpoint is non-standard.

Also note that you did not include the images so I cannot see exactly what oit looks like.