*** Solved *** Issue with english.lng file

This section is for posting questions which are not directly related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Examples of off topics: web server configuration, hosting, programming related questions, third party scripts.

Note that these questions will generally not be answered by the administrators of this forum.
presto

Post by presto »

There seems to be an issue with the english language file "english.lng". All foreign language moduls which are probably based on this (even the German one provided by you) can't open the CSS Menu dialogue and the Responsive Menu dialogue properly.
Last edited by presto on Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pablo

Re: Issue with english.lng file

Post by Pablo »

It seems to work correct for me.
Note that none of the language modules are based on english.lng file, they were all individually created (not by me, except for Dutch).
presto

Post by presto »

But there definitely is an issue. When loading and using the file "english.lng" (Aug 10 2017) as language modul and trying to edit CSS Menu or Responsive Menu there is a warning saying "Most downloads". When clicking "ok" then the menu of CSS Menu or Responsive Menu opens, but you can't move from tab "General" to any other tab of the Menu. The Warning "Most downloads" always pops up and you stay at the "General" tab. As a result you can't edit these menues properly.

I was surprised by your comment "none of the language moduls are based on english.lng file" since on your website you say under the headline "How can I make your own translation" you explicitly say: "Alternatively you can download the English template and translate it in your favorite resource editor/translation tool." - And this was exactly the way that at least one of the existung German language files was created.

Please have another look at this issue.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I was surprised by your comment "none of the language moduls are based on english.lng file" since on your website you say under the headline "How can I make your own translation" you explicitly say: "Alternatively you can download the English template and translate it in your favorite resource editor/translation tool." -
Correct, but that does not mean the existing translations are based on this file. it is just an alternative way to create a translation.

I'm sorry but it works correct for me.
All translations have been tested.
There is no bug in english.lng, as far as I can tell.
presto

Post by presto »

Sorry for insisting. But there definitely is this issue with several foreign language moduls.

When clicking the CSS Menu or the Responsive Menu in order to edit it, then the dialogue window with "Most downloads" is opended.

This refers to string table 3843 and string ID 61473 in the language moduls. May be this helps to find the reason why.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Maybe you have a corrupt installation?
presto

Post by presto »

Pablo wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:25 am Maybe you have a corrupt installation?
I am not the only one who has noticed this issue. It was first reported in the German forum and so I had to check it and now I can confirm the issue. It is not only with the two (!) different German language moduls (comimg from different authors) but also with the english language modul loaded down from your site. I personally use no language modul, just take WWB as it is (and it works fine). So I noticed this issue only after I had loaded different language moduls - and there is this issue, no doubt.

One more hint: This issue does not occur with WWB 12.1.2 build date Aug 10 2017.
presto

Post by presto »

With yesterday's build (Aug 31 2017 13:11) it works fine now. Thank you for your patience and efforts.
Trimbara

Re: *** Solved *** Issue with english.lng file

Post by Trimbara »

Since I update to V14.3.3 I got the same error message if I want to open the "object properties" of the reCaptcha v2 extension

"most downloads"

How can I fix this?
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I don't think this is related to the update.
It is more likely that there is a conflict with another (out-dated) extension.
Trimbara

Post by Trimbara »

Thank you, but how can I detect this extension? :( :?:

If I start the Extension Manager and click "Available Updates", I got "There are no extensions in the category".

And if you mean I use any other extension in the page I can confirm, that I use only the recaptcha extension in this page.

Meanwhile I changed to "Invisible reCAPTCHA". This will work well, BUT I can't use this because all the validations doesn't work.

I know this seems to be normal (viewtopic.php?f=65&t=84290&p=421567&hil ... on#p421567), but is there another way to validate the must-fill-fields?

Question: Should I uninstall and install the visible "reCAPTCHA v2" extension again? Will this help?
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

The only way to find out which extension is causing the problem is by removing extensions one by one from the page.