Responsive Menu Extension

In this section you can share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
There is a dedicated section for commercial extensions.
Patrik iden

Re: Responsive Menu Extension

Post by Patrik iden »

Hello, i have updated the Extension. Now you can choose not to show text shadows. I added a setting in: Properties/Menu/Use text shadow, here you can choose Yes or No. No will remove the text shadow from all texts in the menu. Yes will put it back. It wont mater if you have setup text shadow in the other settings, this option (No) will override them. If you set it to Yes the text shadow settings you have setup for the texts will be in effect again.

Download: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/318 ... e_menu.rar

Thank you.
andyp

Post by andyp »

Patrik... you are an absolute star... thank you!

AndyP
Making mistakes....and still learning as I go along.. and very grateful to those who know far more than me... :)
http://www.apgraphx.co.uk
ddaugherty

Post by ddaugherty »

Installed your responsive menu. Seems really nice. Two questions:
1) Is there any instructions for the menu extension?

2) How do you re-position the menu to another location besides the very top of the page?
Patrik iden

Post by Patrik iden »

ddaugherty wrote:Installed your responsive menu. Seems really nice. Two questions:
1) Is there any instructions for the menu extension?

2) How do you re-position the menu to another location besides the very top of the page?

No instructions, exepte the remarks in the Extension Descriptions.

You cant.
Patrik iden

Post by Patrik iden »

Hello, you can place the menu down from top with this code:

Code: Select all

<style>
.rmm
{
top: 298px;
}
</style>
Just make an HTMl box/object and place the code between <head></head> tags. And change the top px (298px) value.
Patrik iden

Post by Patrik iden »

New update (version 1.0.0.5), now you can set position (from top) for the menu.

Download: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/318 ... e_menu.rar
kenderuiter

Post by kenderuiter »

I am sorry for being totally new to responsive design in general and the responsive drop down menu in particular so maybe this is a stupid question...
...but i tested the responsive drop down menu function on my Samsung sgs4 mobile phone and up till now it doesn't seem to work (meaning i do not get the 'hamburger' menu button so basically it looks like it does not switch to the 320 breakpoint definition). If I change the size of my webbrowser on my pc however, the menu works just fine

For reference, I stored my testpage on www.we-nail-it.nl/new

I would be much obliged if someone could tell me what i am doing wrong here

Kind regards,
Ken de Ruiter
Patrik iden

Post by Patrik iden »

kenderuiter. You have posted this in the wrong place. This is not the WWB Responsive menu. This is my own Responsive menu. You should post this here: viewforum.php?f=29
Or if you want to report a bug then post here: viewforum.php?f=24
I have alredy reported the bug that i cant see the Hamburger button.
If you want to try out my Extension then you can download it from here: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=65322
TrevH

Post by TrevH »

Hi patrik,

Firstly, a big thank you for making such a superb extension it works really well, and you have done an excellent and impressive job.

I haven't a clue in terms of developing extensions, but I would like to ask whether you'd consider it possible to add drop down sub menus to the extension, and style features for borders (with thickness / color / radius) maybe add gradients in the backgrounds of the navbar...

By the way, I wouldn't mind paying for the extra features... I've been looking for something that can make responsive menus like a well known responsive template design program that I previously used, and yours comes very close to their levels of versatility.

Many thanks...

Trev :D
Patrik iden

Post by Patrik iden »

TrevH wrote:Hi patrik,

Firstly, a big thank you for making such a superb extension it works really well, and you have done an excellent and impressive job.

I haven't a clue in terms of developing extensions, but I would like to ask whether you'd consider it possible to add drop down sub menus to the extension, and style features for borders (with thickness / color / radius) maybe add gradients in the backgrounds of the navbar...

By the way, I wouldn't mind paying for the extra features... I've been looking for something that can make responsive menus like a well known responsive template design program that I previously used, and yours comes very close to their levels of versatility.

Many thanks...

Thank you. I plan to make this, but right now i do not have the time. Maybe i will upgrade step by step and add some things like gradients and border settings as i go along.
Patrik iden

Post by Patrik iden »

TrevH, i'm trying to add the border function to the menu now. Do you think it's needed to have borders (with thickness / color / radius) function on the mobile mode of the menu. What do you think?
I will definitely add this to the biggscreen mode of the menu and also the gradient background settings.

When it comes to adding dropdown/sub menus to the menu, this is another mather, this will take alot of time, so i have to get back to this when i have the time.
TrevH

Post by TrevH »

Hi Patrik,

Perhaps there's not so much the need for borders / radius on the mobile version... gradients would be very nice though. If the mobile menu was capable of actual spacing between the buttons (revealing background between them) then such things could look good... it's just whatever is most practical and best for you time-wise.

I was looking at the original coder's site and someone in the comments section had a solution for the drop down sub menus... this is something that I am glad you'll look at when you have the time.

I cannot thank you enough for doing this responsive menu extension as I'd posted this on my wish list a while back, and it's what (in my opinion) the program was crying out for ever since it became capable of responsive design. Really looking forward to whatever you decide to add to it, I think it will be the first choice menu to use for many people.

Many thanks...
Patrik iden

Post by Patrik iden »

Hello i'v just made this update. Check it out and let me know of any problems please.

Update: 2015-04-16

1. Gradient background colors.
2. Border size and radius on the links/button in the bigscreen mode menu. I did not add this function for the mobile menu mode.
3. In mobile menu mode. I'v added a function to remove the top/bottom/(left/right deviders) borders on the active link. I think it looks better to remove these if you have an outstanding color.
4. I have also added a function to controll when the menu should toggle to the mobile menu. If you drag your window and look at when the menu toggles to the mobile menu you will see-
that there are some gaps on the left/right side of the bigscreen menu. It is this gap you now have some controll over. Default settings in the script is 1.05 try changing it to eg, 1.0

i also changed some other standard settings.

Thank you.

Demo: None Gradiant Menu: http://test3.fcab.se/myextensions/respo ... /menu.html

Demo: Gradiant and borders: http://test3.fcab.se/myextensions/respo ... /menu.html

Download Version 1.0.0.5: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/318 ... e_menu.rar
andyp

Post by andyp »

........... and once again thank you Patrik.... your generosity in providing this free extension is very much appreciated.... :D
Making mistakes....and still learning as I go along.. and very grateful to those who know far more than me... :)
Patrik iden

Post by Patrik iden »

andyp wrote:........... and once again thank you Patrik.... your generosity in providing this free extension is very much appreciated.... :D
Thank you, and no problem. Free is the way to go :)
TrevH

Post by TrevH »

Hi Patrik,

Just installed 1.0.0.5 version... new additions look really great! Thank you!!!! :D

I noticed on your demo page that the home page is shown as being the active... this I presume would change if the demo had other pages, so when arriving at say page 3, then "page 3" button would look different on the menu.

Upon testing, (using a seven page empty testing site) I am finding that when changing the active color settings within the properties box nothing happens when previewing in the browser. I couldn't seem to find any option within the properties for universally switching the "active" settings on or off. So I then presumed that by changing the active colors to be different from the other settings meant that "active" would then automatically function.

But so far, the only way I can get a menu button to look as if it is active is if I open the first property box entitled "menu" and then select a particular page to be active via the "yes or no" / "selected menu?". However what happens is that only that particular page button is then shown as appearing to be active permanently, regardless of whatever other page I then click on. This happens on both the big screen and the mobile version.

Perhaps I simply missing something maybe, but I thought I'd ask?

Many thanks...
Trev
Patrik iden

Post by Patrik iden »

Hello, you will have to have a separat menu with unique id on every page. Just copy the menu you have in eg, index page to another page and giv this menu another id. Then in the menu settings on second page you just change the the link to the second page as current and the link to index to not current. Try this and get back to me.

Thank you.

Click the HOME and the CLIENTS Buttons/Links on the Demo pages.

Demo1: http://test3.fcab.se/myextensions/respo ... /menu.html
Demo2: http://test3.fcab.se/myextensions/respo ... /menu.html
TrevH

Post by TrevH »

Hi Patrik,

Thanks for your reply, yes that would certainly do it for sure... I think to use a separate menu per page might not be so practical because as the site grows each menu would then need updating every time just one page was added...

I tend to make just one menu on a master page and then clone content pages from another layout so that just the content needs changing on each new page, then I just update the one master page menu to update every page's menu in one go.

To do it with separate menus on each page could take ages in update time instead of just updating a single master page menu, especially if it was a large site. Is there perhaps a java function somewhere within the original script that could be used?

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3234 ... ndary-link
http://jsbin.com/okupe4/2#tab-1

You are doing an absolutely brilliant job, hope the links are of some use, but I don't know very much about code.

Many thanks...
Trev
Patrik iden

Post by Patrik iden »

TrevH wrote:Hi Patrik,

Thanks for your reply, yes that would certainly do it for sure... I think to use a separate menu per page might not be so practical because as the site grows each menu would then need updating every time just one page was added...

I tend to make just one menu on a master page and then clone content pages from another layout so that just the content needs changing on each new page, then I just update the one master page menu to update every page's menu in one go.

To do it with separate menus on each page could take ages in update time instead of just updating a single master page menu, especially if it was a large site. Is there perhaps a java function somewhere within the original script that could be used?

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3234 ... ndary-link
http://jsbin.com/okupe4/2#tab-1

You are doing an absolutely brilliant job, hope the links are of some use, but I don't know very much about code.

Many thanks...
Trev
Hello, i'l take a look at the links.

In the original menu script there is not any code do display an active link, i added this my self.
Patrik iden

Post by Patrik iden »

What menu are you using, if you can use it on a master page and set separat color for active/current links? Can you explain more about I tend to make just one menu on a master page and then clone...

Thank you.
TrevH

Post by TrevH »

Hi Patrik,

Prior to your new responsive menu, I used 2 css menus on the master page, one for big screen (horizontal) and one for mobile (vertical) with the screen sizes set accordingly to show or hide one or the other, so technically I suppose I had to update just 2 menus but still only on the one master page... easy & quick to do. As I clone new pages from a previous page, it automatically picks up the master page elements.

Sorry if I gave the wrong impression, but I didn't actually say that there was any "active" element settings to these existing menus I used previously, my way to get around it was to simply add the page title heading on each page so the visitor knew exactly where they were.... I think you are bringing something very new with your menu which when completed with sub menus etc will be a game changer.

I wish I could be more help, the last software I used could do the active link/master page but I ditched it as it lacked so much of what WB10 can do.

Whilst I am not technically savvy enough to know if it is helping you or not, maybe the idea of using a jQuery snippet to check the current page URL and compare it with the URLs in the menu and if they match it will then add a class to the menu item... hence an active menu I saw this http://www.paulund.co.uk/use-jquery-to- ... -menu-item (the code is at the bottom of this link page for catching both absolute and relative links).

I have uploaded a zip file for you with a fully working css responsive menu complete with 2 levels of sub menus... maybe you can adapt the css for your extension in terms of being able to add sub menus.

http://bit.ly/1b7IByX

Hope this is helps in some way...
Trev.
Patrik iden

Post by Patrik iden »

OK, TrevH. Check it out now and get back to me please. Thank you.

Update: 2015-04-18

1. I have added function to set different text color on active/current link.
2. Finally :) You can now have the menu in an master page, then just use master object to insert the menu from master page.
Now you can just make changes to the menu in the master page and these changes will be updated in all other pages.
The nice thing about this menu is that you now can choose to indicate Active/Current page by setting up a background color just for this directly in the master page.
If you do not want any Active/Current indicator color on your links/buttons you can turn this function of.

If there is some one out here that are good at making menus like this, please let me know. Could use some help to add sublinks/dropdown menu.

Thank you.

Demo: Gradiant and borders: http://test3.fcab.se/myextensions/respo ... /menu.html You can try clicking on all the links now.

Download Version 2.0.0.0: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/318 ... e_menu.rar
Last edited by Patrik iden on Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TrevH

Post by TrevH »

Hi Patrik...

Wow, superb job!!!

It works absolutely great, thank you!!!

As I said I am no coder as such, but I have up loaded a zip link with fully working sub menu code in for you: http://bit.ly/1b7IByX (consisting of one html page, a css & .js file). It maybe of some use for you in terms of coding the jquery sub menus.

Hope it's helpful, and once again my sincere thanks, this menu you have made is fantastic and I really didn't expect it so soon!!!

All the best
Patrik iden

Post by Patrik iden »

Hello, thank's for the sub menu code, i'l take a look at in soon. And well yes i got the active/current color thing workin, but it took me all night to figuer it out. But now it semes to work and i will make one minor update later to day (nothing major).
Patrik iden

Post by Patrik iden »

I just made a little change: Now you can controll to remove separatly the top and bottom devider/border on active links in the mobile menu (in mobile mode). I made this update because in some cases it will look better not to remove eg, the bottom border and in some it will, depends on the colors you are using. So please download againe.

Download Version 2.0.0.0: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/318 ... e_menu.rar
TrevH

Post by TrevH »

Hi Patrik,

Thank you, just got your latest version and it's looking great! Nice touch with dividers... :D

Trev
Patrik iden

Post by Patrik iden »

Hello,Thank you. I have tested to add sub menus to this but i think i'm not good enough coder to do this. So if some one else think he/she can do this, please do.

Thank you all.

//Patrik.
andyp

Post by andyp »

Haven't had time to try this out Patrik.....but thanks again... and to think that you were up all night working things out :wink:
Patrik iden

Post by Patrik iden »

Preview of my new Extension: Multi responsive menu. This is a responsive menu with one sub menu level. You can make alot of changes in the Extension settings like: Borders/Dividers, Backgroud colors, Gradient colors, Active link colors, Change all font settings etc. I will make another demo later on a more stylish version this one is only to show as many settings as possible. But i want some peoples to test this menu first so i can fix the buggs before making a dedicated post to this Extension.

Org script: http://responsivemultimenu.com/

So here you go: http://test3.fcab.se/responsive_menu_te ... index.html

Thank you.
Last edited by Patrik iden on Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
TrevH

Post by TrevH »

Hi Patrik,

Thank you for doing all this work... I just tested your menu on the demo and cannot find anything functionally wrong with it at all.... it seems to me to be working really great!!!! :D

I really like the way the sub menus are vertical drop downs (like accordion style) and also that you have thoughtfully provided a very neat "back" button, and that all the "active" page highlights work fine on all the pages.

The only thing I did wonder was ( just a visual thing on the demo ) whether on the big screen menu version one will have the option of setting the buttons to be all the same size along with equal width sub menus, visually then every menu gives a nice straight column line, rather than variable widths.

Looking forward to your next demo and release of this fine menu, I for one am very excited about using it...

Many, many thanks.....
kenderuiter

Post by kenderuiter »

Hi Patrick,
I looked at your demo and it really looks neat!
How and where do I download your latest version? (I never downloaded any 'external extensions' yet)
Kind regards, Ken
Patrik iden

Post by Patrik iden »

kenderuiter wrote:Hi Patrick,
I looked at your demo and it really looks neat!
How and where do I download your latest version? (I never downloaded any 'external extensions' yet)
Kind regards, Ken
Hello and thank you. You can not download it yet. Maybe in a cople of days.
Patrik iden

Post by Patrik iden »

Thank you for doing all this work... I just tested your menu on the demo and cannot find anything functionally wrong with it at all.... it seems to me to be working really great!!!! :D

I really like the way the sub menus are vertical drop downs (like accordion style) and also that you have thoughtfully provided a very neat "back" button, and that all the "active" page highlights work fine on all the pages.

The only thing I did wonder was ( just a visual thing on the demo ) whether on the big screen menu version one will have the option of setting the buttons to be all the same size along with equal width sub menus, visually then every menu gives a nice straight column line, rather than variable widths.

Looking forward to your next demo and release of this fine menu, I for one am very excited about using it...

Many, many thanks.....

Hey TrevH and thank's. I'l look in to the size/width of the buttons.
andyp

Post by andyp »

Well done Patrik... looking forward to seeing this when ready :)
Patrik iden

Post by Patrik iden »

Many, many thanks.....
Hello TrevH take a look now, what do you think?

http://test3.fcab.se/responsive_menu_te ... index.html
TrevH

Post by TrevH »

Hi Patrik...

PERFECT!!! It looks superb, what a fantastic job you have done on this menu, I can't wait to start using it, thank you so much for doing this, it's really appreciated! :D
LTH

Post by LTH »

Great job Patrik. This is just what I've been looking for. Do you have any idea when it will be ready for download? Thanks for your time and effort on this extension.
Patrik iden

Post by Patrik iden »

LTH wrote:Great job Patrik. This is just what I've been looking for. Do you have any idea when it will be ready for download? Thanks for your time and effort on this extension.
Thank you. Maybe tomorrow or the day after that.
Patrik iden

Post by Patrik iden »

Hello, So here is another demo, this time a Menu with flat style:

http://test3.fcab.se/responsive_menu_te ... index.html

Some more info on this menu:

When i was making this menu i come across a problem. The problem was that when you setup in WWB to have the page centered, WWB will create an conatiner div element and this div is set to 970px in width or what ever width you set the page to be. So having only the Menu (and no other content on the page) then the menu worked fine, but as soon as i put in another object (no mather how small) then i got a scroll bar at the bottom inicating that the menu is to wide. So i hade to come up with a solution. I tested in Firefox Web console to change the width:970px on the container elemet to max-width:970px !important and that did the trik. So i added a value in the css like this: div#container{max-width:970px !important;} but this dident work, the width:970px was still in there and not over ridden buy the !important setting. Now i got confused WHAT!!! So ok what now, ok lets try some jQuery and i came up whit this:
<script>
$(document).ready(function () {
$('#container').attr('id','content');
$("#content").css("cssText", "max-width: 970px !important;");
$("#content").css({ 'position': 'relative', 'margin': '0 auto 0 auto', 'text-align': 'left'});
});
</script>

And finally this did the trik for this problem. There ware many many problems making this Extension but i think finally it's working.

This being said, this Extension will take some time to learn all the settings in (there are many :)) but i will include some WWB projects where i have sett up the menu to different layouts. I will at least include the two projects that you can see in the demos.

More info will come on this later.

Thank you.
andyp

Post by andyp »

I wish I had the brains to provide this for others... I think the latest demo looks the best.. nice and simple.....

I think the worry for me is that there are going to be so many setting choices that I wont know where to look for what! :)

Looking forward to its release... :)
Patrik iden

Post by Patrik iden »

andyp wrote:I wish I had the brains to provide this for others... I think the latest demo looks the best.. nice and simple.....

I think the worry for me is that there are going to be so many setting choices that I wont know where to look for what! :)

Looking forward to its release... :)
Yes this is problem. Maybe in time i can filter out some of the settings with all of your help :)

Thank you.
andyp

Post by andyp »

I will take that the way I believe it is intended :)
Patrik iden

Post by Patrik iden »

andyp wrote:I will take that the way I believe it is intended :)
uh Sorry, i mean with the help from every one that is interested in this Extension not only you. :oops:
Patrik iden

Post by Patrik iden »

I just made a count of how many settings/options there is in this Extension. The count is 160. So as i mentiond there is some learning time on this one.
andyp

Post by andyp »

V2

Patrik... I dont seem to be able to change the Active/Current page button?

It is showing as red.. when I have changed it to aqua...

Test site at www.ridingportugal.com/test

Currently working on converting a site to RWD so I have only done the index and horse page... and I have zipped up the site which can be downloaded from http://www.apgraphx.co.uk/test/GV-RWD.zip

Thanks

AndyP

Patrik iden

Post by Patrik iden »

andyp you are correct. Please download again from first post. Sorry :oops:
andyp

Post by andyp »

Not quite sure what you mean?

I went back to the first post viewtopic.php?f=42&t=65322#p327138

and re-downloaded Download Version 2.0.0.0: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/318 ... e_menu.rar

But it is still the same.. so we just need to establish the issue I have

What is the setting name for changing what I believe is the Current Page as shown in

http://www.ridingportugal.com/test/index.html which is showing as red which I would like to change to another colour.

I do not see any red selected in V2 properties?

Thanks

AndyP
Patrik iden

Post by Patrik iden »

That's strange it works for me. Did you ctrl + F5 (update) you page?
The setting for active color is: Bigscreen Menu Settings -> Bigscreen menu active color / Second Bigscreen menu active color.
andyp

Post by andyp »

Yes.... keep in mind that this is happening in preview as well.... unless it is due not having the correct RM version installed?
Patrik iden

Post by Patrik iden »

andyp wrote:Yes.... keep in mind that this is happening in preview as well.... unless it is due not having the correct RM version installed?
Then i don't know what can be the problem here. Have you done the following?

1. You downloaded this: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/318 ... e_menu.rar

2. You unzip.

3. you copy the responsive_menu.wbx to the WWB Extension folder (and replace your existing Extension file).

4. Set the color for the active links in Extension settings: Bigscreen Menu Settings -> Bigscreen menu active color AND Second Bigscreen menu active color.

5. Publish all you files.

6. CTRL + F5 (update your page).