fixe the position of an element depending of scroll

In this section you can share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
There is a dedicated section for commercial extensions.
mathieu_bond

fixe the position of an element depending of scroll

Post by mathieu_bond »

Hi all

this is an extension that allow to fixe the position of an element depending of the position of the page scroll( use jquery)
the element will be placed like you programm it with Webbuilder, and after the visitor scroll down ( to a specific position) the element ( you design by id) will be fixed a the same position ( relative to the top border - specific parameter)

Demo
http://www.mathieuweb.fr/fixed_element/

Download ( extnesion, extension builder, projet exemple)
http://www.mathieuweb.fr/fixed_element/ ... scroll.zip
BaconFries

Re: fixe the position of an element depending of scroll

Post by BaconFries »

I have removed all other posts...why? Anyone is allowed to make and provide an extension if they wish to do so. I myself had a fixed object extension at one time but this did not stop another member making his own version or a similar version...So it is up to the users if they wish to use this one or not and not to point out it is already available and that it is not required due to this fact...
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

@bf
if you are referring to me, i have never seen your extension that you are referring to
if i released it, is because the designer that asked for me to develop it has agreed to publish it - btw and as you may know, i never release any code if it was not developed by me
on the other hand, your advice it not 100% correct, because may be copyrighted material in some cases - this includes code and/or design and/or its related stuff
zinc

Post by zinc »

@BF - It does not bother me if you have removed my posting. I simply wanted to point out why waste time & energy to offer the same thing but in a inferior form which looks unreliable and clumsy. I am not pointing out why this extension is offered. All I am saying is what I just said. Developers should research the form first and understand what others have developed before embarking on a pointless mission.
Running WYSIWYG Web Builder since 2007...
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

No I am not refering to you at all. The point is this anyone can release an extension if they wish to aslong as they follow the forum rules and that if it is not there own code/script they must provide a link to the original author and give them full credit for there work and not take credit for it themself.

[rz] your work and contribution to extensions is outstanding but it doesnt mean that no one else should not a provide a similar extension just because it is already available by yourself or by myself or any other builder if they choose to do so....
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

bf, unfortunately you are still wrong in this point
just because you find something here or there you cannot build an extension because of copyright reasons -- is not just a matter to give credits or backlinks
anyhow, i understand from your post that the issue is with me, so i give up here
FX3D

Post by FX3D »

[RZ] wrote:bf, unfortunately you are still wrong in this point
just because you find something here or there you cannot build an extension because of copyright reasons -- is not just a matter to give credits or backlinks
anyhow, i understand from your post that the issue is with me, so i give up here
Interesting conversation :? :?

So how does this work please ?

If I create an extension "5" which I created using 2+3

Can another developer create "5" using different code say 4+1 ?

Can somebody explain the legality of the second extension ?

Thanks In Advance

P.S. I am generally intrigued by this and NOT having a go at anyone

P.P.S luv the work you do [Rz} & BF respectively :P :P
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

@fx3d
this depends on the terms and conditions and on the owner's copyright
a few days ago, a lawyer told me something interesting with a simple sample, an image can be done with photoshop or paint, if they are similar, for the law is the end of the conversation; does not matter if they were built with different tools
anyhow, seems that here is a personal issue with me, kinda i don't let anybody to build and distribute their extensions, so it is advisable that you ask your lawyer
Last edited by [RZ] on Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr E Bear

Post by Mr E Bear »

@fx3d

Unless Matheui's extension is directly plagiarised I don't see an issue - there will be similarities because (excuse the metaphor) there's only so many ways to skin a cat, and both extensions do the same thing.
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

mr e bear, don't be so sure about it
again, seems that here is a personal issue with me, so i end this here
there is a beautiful life beyond fixed layers
Mr E Bear

Post by Mr E Bear »

Ah! Shalom my friend I meant no offence - I just find the topic interesting
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

no problem
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

rz I have no issue with you at all...if I am reading you correctly you are saying that I have broke copyrights by building extensions from scripts I find is this what you are saying... If this is the case you are wrong... when I make build an extension I seek out the original author and ask permission to use there script once permission is granted I build the extension so in this case no copyright have been broke as permission has been give to use aslong as I provide a link back to them and any copyrights contained in the script remains intact and not removed. I have to say this I have never quedtioned you in anyway so what gives you the right to question me. If you wish to take your time to write codevthen turn into extension and charge for this then that is your corncern but if I or anyone else decides to make a similar extension they can aslong as no copyright have been broke we are free to do so without judgement being placed just because we did not write it ourselves.
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

no, i **never** said what you are saying
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Your words not mine
[RZ] wrote:bf, unfortunately you are still wrong in this point
So this means if the script I have found has a copyright I cannot use it? so this means that I must have broke every copyright with every extension I have made is this true as it seems this is what your saying in your quote. Again rz I praise what you do...but if you believe that any user had broke copyright then you should report it to the original author or bring it up with support
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

those words are out of context at all
this is a figurative expression to emphasize the other point
i can use the same words in 1st person, and i'm not meaning that i'm doing this
if i say, i cannot take this and do this, i'm not meaning that i'm taking this and doing this - the example is applicable to the point of the discussion, and the discussion was not you nor me
other member gave his point of view and you deleted all the thread; as other members are free to post what they want, the same applies for the others' point of view, as well no offenses; the same applies to code, as well as you, me, he, she, we, they, etc has the permission to do so
hey, you should not drive beyond 110 kph in the highway - am i saying that you are driving at this speed? this applies if we were talking about driving with caution, right? -- but i have my driving license! so what?

** edit **

seems you edited your post, however, this one is still valid
mathieu_bond

Post by mathieu_bond »

Hi all

i m not sure I understand all what is written about my extension
but i develop it by myself for a website where i needed it ( it s a short code)
and wanted to share it with the community
i didn't see ( or didn't find a similar extension)
FX3D

Post by FX3D »

[RZ] wrote:@fx3d
this depends on the terms and conditions and on the owner's copyright
a few days ago, a lawyer told me something interesting with a simple sample, an image can be done with photoshop or paint, if they are similar, for the law is the end of the conversation; does not matter if they were built with different tools
anyhow, seems that here is a personal issue with me, kinda i don't let anybody to build and distribute their extensions, so it is advisable that you ask your lawyer
Tov, toda [Rz]

Shalom :D :D
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

wow, you are fluent in hebrew hu?
FX3D

Post by FX3D »

[RZ] wrote:wow, you are fluent in hebrew hu?
Ha Ivrit sheli lo kol kakh tova :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Parlez vu en francais ?

Snakker du Norsk ?

I just like the structure of language [Rz], although I speak very few :cry: to make an effort is of worthy respect to the "foreign" person. There is but one race, the human race :wink: :P
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

i'm impressed how you said this with the correct male/female adjective
even natives usually mess up these things
kol hakavod!
bburgess

Post by bburgess »

mathieu_bond wrote:Hi all

i m not sure I understand all what is written about my extension
but i develop it by myself for a website where i needed it ( it s a short code)
and wanted to share it with the community
i didn't see ( or didn't find a similar extension)
Just wanted to say Thank You for the extension :), the thread seems to have changed course tho.
KISS is the key!
maxime

Post by maxime »

and do not forget. some extension are free others are not so if there is more then one extension who do the samething then it is great, specially if it is free.
derold

Post by derold »

wwb-10

This is just what I need
Ok I am confused when I load the sample page. sroll_fixe_element extensions shows on page. and works in preview
But i can't find it in the toolbox. fixed_element_depending_scroll.wbx
derold

Post by derold »

wwb-10

Never mined I got it. I used extension manager to install and now it works

Thank you very cool Extension