php Calender (renovated) - 11/09/2013

In this section you can share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
There is a dedicated section for commercial extensions.
supersonictt

php Calender (renovated) - 11/09/2013

Post by supersonictt »

php Calender (renovated)
This extension is a renovated one of Eddy's extension viewtopic.php?f=42&t=19106
A free and easy to use PHP Calendar with MYSQL database.
You may choose whether to let people post events or add them yourself.
The original script is found here: http://www.kubelabs.com/phpcalendar/

What's new
1. I added almost every possible customization to the extension to style fonts and different things. Take your time to explore them.
2. Fixed the script previous issues, like calender not showing, admin login box not showing... etc. Now it is working %100 (tested on a local and remote servers).
3. The popup windows can now be placed wherever you want rather than the top-left corner (the script used for this is the one provided by the WWB software). Thanks for Pablo for giving permission to use WWB scripts in the extensions as long as they remain in the extension :) .

Download
http://www.mediafire.com/?i2warav1qrd1vqo

Installation
1. You need to setup the database details on the server (database name, username, password and host).
2. Drag and drop the extension to the page (this page can be named anything you want) and set the page extension to php.
3. Double click on the extension and set the properties (I will describe this later).
4. Publish the page to the server, then go to the folder "includes", set the file "config.php" permissions to 777.
5. In your web browser, go to http://www.website.com/install.php (change "website" with your domain name).
6. Fill the database details in the first section. In the second section, if you choose "Yes" then anyone can add events to the calender. If you choose "No" then only you will be able to add events after providing the proper username and password which you should define in the following boxes (they can be different from the MySQL database username and password).
7. After install is complete, it will ask you to delete "install.php" file, delete it and click on "continue".
8. That's it.

Important notes
* THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT: Go to "Tools" > "Options" > "HTML" and remove the tick from "Enable HTML beautifier". If it is enabled, the program will add an extra double quotation marks to some lines which will result in a parse error."
1. The page extension where you place the php calender extension on MUST BE php.
2. The extension width is 700px by default. This is the default width from the script.
3. Extension properties (most of them are self descriptive, but here are some important ones you should pay attention to):
a. Timezone: it is better to set your timezone, otherwise it will show the server's timezone.
b. Previous and Next: you MUST choose the same styling for both, otherwise it will affect the design.
c. Calender width: if you set the calender width to -let's say- 900px, then the days boxes will be wider (but even in width). Now it is better to set the extension width to 900px so you can center it in the page (if you need to). Also note that if you set the width to 900px, choosing images for the boxes in 120x160px may not appear properly, so you need to make them -let's say- 150x160px for them to appear properly.
d. Ending year: do not put a value more than 2037, the script won't go further (I don't know why! and I don't think you need it to be later than 2037 :) ).
e. Boxes: you can see that you can set either a background image (size is 120x160px for the default calender width 700px) or a color for the boxes. Now note that the color will override the background image, so if by mistake you chose an image and then a color and you don't want the color, just reset the value of this color. Also note that if you chose a color and you clicked OK in the extension properties, you cannot reset this value.
f. Days padding: the value must be just like default value I put. 5px 0px 5px 0px means: 5px from the top, 0px from the right, 5px from the bottom, 0px from the left.
g. Popup windows position: if you want the popup windows to appear in the middle of the browser window, choose x=-1 and y=-1. Any other values (without "px") will move the windows depending on the values you put.

Updates
13/09/2013: version 1.0.0.1
1. A small fix in the install.php file.
Download link is updated.

14/09/2013: version 1.0.0.2
1. Fixed another issue in install.php, now it should be working %100.
2. Replaced "split" with "explode" in events.php line 11 as split is deprecated in latest php 5.3.0.
Download link is updated.

Enjoy :)
Last edited by supersonictt on Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:05 pm, edited 5 times in total.
supersonictt

Re: php Calender (renovated) - 11/09/2013

Post by supersonictt »

Oh yes, I forgot to mention this:
This is happening because you enabled "Enable HTML beautifier. Format HTML so it looks better and easier to read" in Tools > Options > HTML. Disable it and everything should be fine.
I don't know why is this happening, the program adds two extra double quotation marks to the line.
supersonictt

Post by supersonictt »

I can see that you installed it on wamp server.
Well, I tested it on xampp with no problems, and on my domain http://revivejordan.com/caltest/index.php, have a look at it, click on the event, it returns no errors.
Also, there is a small update in the first post, it fixes a small issue in the install.php file, but I don't think it has anything to do with your problem!
Anyway, the error happens in the event.php file line 11. Copy and paste the code and let me see if something went wrong.
The problem might be with wamp configuration, I am not familiar with wamp server, but I will try to install it and see.
derold

Post by derold »

WB8

I added php calender.wbs to my extensions folder but I can't get it to show up in my toolbox.
Went to extension manager and I don't see it in there but when I go to my extensions folder I can see that it is there
ART

Post by ART »

in wb 9.4 i do see it in the extension manager but not in the toolbox
madebyibloo

Post by madebyibloo »

Hey supersonic!

can you email me please (see signature link at bottom)

I have some ideas for you to update this extension :)

Cheers,
Cheers,
Scott

www.madebyibloo.com - a creative design studio.