elFinder Extension 10/09/2013

In this section you can share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
There is a dedicated section for commercial extensions.
supersonictt

elFinder Extension 10/09/2013

Post by supersonictt »

elFinder online file manager
First of all, I would like to give a BIG THANK YOU to Pablo for letting me using the "Single page protect" code.
This extensions enables you to publish files to a folder of your choosing with drag and drop capabilities.
The code is found here: http://elfinder.org/

I added the "Single page protect" code to the extension (you can set the password from the extension) to protect the page. In the original script, you can set permissions to folders and files, but I wasn't able to make it work fully. If you need further information about these features, please read the documentations at https://github.com/Studio-42/elFinder/wiki
So the only way I found to let you protect the files you upload is to add the "Single page protect" code.
When you close the browser window or tab, the session is timed out so you need to login again to access the page.

Download
http://www.mediafire.com/download/yh58a ... .0.0.0.zip

Installation
Just drag and drop the extension and set the properties.
Notes:
1. The page extension MUST be php, as the protect code requires php.
2. The width of the elFinder window is determined by the extension width. 900px will make all the command icons appear on one line.
3. The height of the elfinder window is ALWAYS 400px no matter what you set the extension height.
4. If you choose "Resizable:Yes", then you can resize the window in width and height when you publish it to the server.
5. VERY IMPORTANT: for the "Folder" property, after you set the name of the folder (let's say you name it 'files'), you MUST add a folder in the same root of the page called 'files', you can do this either within the program by adding a folder to site map (again, in the same root of the page where you added the extension), or by publishing the files to the server or hard drive and then add a new folder named 'files'.

That's it. Enjoy :)
maxime

Re: elFinder Extension 10/09/2013

Post by maxime »

i can not download the zip file i have a warning for visiting this site
supersonictt

Post by supersonictt »

It is working for me with no warnings!
Try another browser, and check your antivirus software, it might be blocking the mediafire site.
supersonictt

Post by supersonictt »

Direct integration no, but you can upload files to the specified folder and from ckeditor you can choose the files you want from that folder.
Yes you can upload multiple files at once.
mnwitten

Post by mnwitten »

Awesome! Thank you...you saved me a lot of time.
supersonictt

Post by supersonictt »

Thank you for the kind words :)
Hope it will be useful for you guys ;)
Vlastimil

Post by Vlastimil »

Thanks, it`s perfect jobs.
It`s possible restrict functionallity for some/all users only to read and download files?
Maybe ideal use two passwords - one for full access, the seconds for restricted access.
My Idea is use this for users, that need download documentation from my serveran and cann`t use FTP access.

Vlastimil
randm

Post by randm »

I'm wondering if I can get some help with this extension. I downloaded it, but can't begin to figure out how to implement it. I checked out the help at elfinder.org, but aren't there any simple instructions on how it's supposed to function :?: I'm not even sure what it does yet :?
supersonictt

Post by supersonictt »

randm wrote:I'm wondering if I can get some help with this extension. I downloaded it, but can't begin to figure out how to implement it. I checked out the help at elfinder.org, but aren't there any simple instructions on how it's supposed to function :?: I'm not even sure what it does yet :?
Sure, just let me get back to my country (which is tomorrow) and i will help you.
randm

Post by randm »

Thank you - will watch for updates from you. Safe travels! :)
supersonictt

Post by supersonictt »

randm wrote:Thank you - will watch for updates from you. Safe travels! :)
Hello again and sorry for the delay.
Did you manage to make the extension work?
If not, let me know so I can track what you are facing ;)
randm

Post by randm »

I'm currently tied up with another project, so don't have time to get back into this at the moment. Can I get back to you in a week or so, please? :oops: Cheers, randm
supersonictt

Post by supersonictt »

randm wrote:I'm currently tied up with another project, so don't have time to get back into this at the moment. Can I get back to you in a week or so, please? :oops: Cheers, randm
Sure, whenever you need my help I will be ready ;)