Bookmark Favorites Update 26/8/2013

In this section you can share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
There is a dedicated section for commercial extensions.
BaconFries

Bookmark Favorites Update 26/8/2013

Post by BaconFries »

***Update Fix 2608/2013***
For anyone that has already downloaded and installed, please unistall the version you have currently then reinstall this will fix any issue with inserting a image into the extension.

Bookmark Favorites 23/8/2013
A simple extension that allows you to add a image to your webpage that allows users to click and set as a favorite. Note there is no PDF with this extension as it is not required, as all you are required to do is add a image that you wish to be displayed, set the width and height of the image and set the id. The extension has ben tested on all major browser it requires the user to press Crtl +D which willenvoke the browser save to bookmark/favorites.
bookmarlarge.jpg
Built with extension builder 4.1.
Original authors site
http://basicuse.net/articles/pl/scripti ... javascript

Extension available for download frtom the extension manager for users of WB9
jordan

Re: Bookmark Favorites 23/8/2013

Post by jordan »

muwhahaa fresh new blood, me extencula :mrgreen: , Yeah new work Calum nice!:) – +TNX for your mail!
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Thanks jordan...I really need to try and get some more out, just havent really had the up and go Inused to have. But hopefully I will get more out...
Kev Loomes

Post by Kev Loomes »

Installed all ok - BUT.....the image that I have chosen - which shows whilst in wysiwyg, doesn't show on preview or after publishing (all files).

I have tried jpegs and png's to no avail.

Any ideas?
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Are you sure that the image used has been published? Is the path to the image correct? Have you gave the image a valid name the name, you should not use any spaces or other non alpha numeric characters in the naming of web related files. If possible can you please provide a url to the page this way I can check for errors. Note if it works in preview then it should also work once published as there is no difference in the two as they both use the same code.
Kev Loomes

Post by Kev Loomes »

The preview doesn't show the image (when clicking the preview button) or when published (I clicked 'all files'). When I select the image from my hard drive it inserts it whilst in the building page - it just doesn't show it when previewed/published.

I have double checked the path and it is the path to the image on my hard drive - but this is normal as it then publishes the image to the site when you click the publish button.

I also haven't changed the image i.d. name - I left it at Image1. The actual image I used is called: bookmark_plus.jpg (http://clean-pro.co.uk/bookmark_plus.jpg).

Thanks

Kev

p.s. the icon for the bookmark is just to the right of the social media icons - but there is no hover action, its as if it isn't even there. http://www.clean-pro.co.uk
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Ok discovered the issue :oops: please redownload and install the extension. Note remove the version that you have already installed so that you get a clean install. @Kev please note that the extension just uses a single image there will be no hover effect onmouseover.
Kev Loomes

Re: Bookmark Favorites Update 26/8/2013

Post by Kev Loomes »

Ok will do that tomorrow - many thanks for the support! Will let you know how it goes!
Kev Loomes

Post by Kev Loomes »

Ok, still having problems!

I have uninstalled it, closed the program, then installed the newly downloaded one - but it still wont show it at all. If I open up a new WW9 as a new project, it works fine. The moment I try to create it in a site that has been upgraded to 9 (from WW8) it doesn't show it.

Do you think it might be something to do with files that were previously WW8?

Thanks

Kev
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

It may well be that there is a conflict of scripts. You mention that it does work if you add it to a new build in WB9, so we can safely say that it is working. To be able to say what may or may not be wrong I would need a url to a site that you have made with WB 8, this way I can view the sources HTML and see what scripts are used and then say.
Kev Loomes

Post by Kev Loomes »

This is the url: http://www.clean-pro.co.uk the bookmark image (but isn't showing/not uploaded) is just to the left of the text 'Bookmark this site' just under the main banner.

It was done in WW8 then I upgraded to 9 recently, and then done a couple of bits in 9 then tried the bookmark. So although it works in 9 if done fresh - it seems as though something in the upgrade from 8 - isn't allowing it to show in 9?

Thanks

Kev

EDIT: I have even tried copying everything from the main page whilst in WW - on to a fresh page in 9, then inserting the bookmark - but it does the same thing! So for some reason it doesn't like the copied contents from originally WW8 (then in to upgraded 9) - on to a fresh 9 page?

EDIT 2: I have just created a new page in my WW9 project and it works fine, but if I copy that on to another page in the same project - that was originally done in WW8 - it wont work!