Convert CSV to simple HTML table

In this section you can share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
There is a dedicated section for commercial extensions.
gforce7

Convert CSV to simple HTML table

Post by gforce7 »

I could not find what I needed so I threw this together. I wanted a way to dynamically import a csv file to a simple html table. This gives a coworker of mine an easy way to edit price lists, comparison charts etc.. without them having to edit the actually pages (or bother me :) ). I also did not want to mess with sql or any other kind of database.

I do not offer any support and did not include any help file. It is pretty self explanatory.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2qbs0yf22dwr0q7

** Updated to support multiple tables per page with individual "styles"
** Updated to support use of first row data for table heading.

I created this extension over a weekend to fill a need of mine. I think it now does what I need so this will be my last update. As simple as it is I hope someone gets use out of it. I have included the extension builder source code if anyone would like to improve upon it. I hope you do and that you will share your changes with the community.

Thanks,
Allen
Last edited by gforce7 on Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Adendum

Re: Convert CSV to simple HTML table

Post by Adendum »

I'm currently working on an extension for just this and more. The test site shows an example with three separate CSV files, converted to tables and styled differently. The extension uses jQuery Tablesort so tables can be sorted.

I't'll be a few more days before it's finished as I'm re-working a client site but hopefully middle of next week could be the release date.
Aditerum - No longer supporting WWB extensions - refer to CJS.
Aditerum - No longer supporting WWB templates - refer to CJS.

WWB 9.4; Ext Builder 4.2; Windows 10 64bit; Intel Core i7-3770 Processor 3.40Ghz; 16.0Gb RAM
Death to Internet Explorer!
gforce7

Post by gforce7 »

Will the sorting and pagination be optional? Thats one thing I wasnt needing and lead me to TRY and develop my own extension. I was looking at some table code last night and think i can easily add styles to make the tables look better and give a few more options.

I'll keep watching for your extension to be posted. Cant wait to try it. Looks a lot better than mine!! :)

Thanks,
Allen
Adendum

Post by Adendum »

Allen,

I am trying to build in all of the possible options so not setting any sort parameters is one of the things on my to do list. When it's ready I'll post back here and in the extension's own thread.

WWB 9.4; Ext Builder 4.2; Windows 10 64bit; Intel Core i7-3770 Processor 3.40Ghz; 16.0Gb RAM
gforce7

Post by gforce7 »

see original post for latest (and final) v3 update :)

BTW, thanks for all of your great plugins Adendum.

Allen
Adendum

Post by Adendum »

Adendum wrote:I'm currently working on an extension for just this and more. The test site shows an example with three separate CSV files, converted to tables and styled differently. The extension uses jQuery Tablesort so tables can be sorted.

It'll be a few more days before it's finished as I'm re-working a client site but hopefully middle of next week could be the release date.
Extension now released: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=49343