Breadcrumb Links ***17/05/12***

In this section you can share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
There is a dedicated section for commercial extensions.
BaconFries

Breadcrumb Links ***17/05/12***

Post by BaconFries »

Breadcrumb Links

This is a update of the Breadcrum Extension already available by former member and extension builder Eddy. I have simply rebuilt using the latest extension builder so to ensure that it will be available to users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.

Breadcrumb Links uses JavaScript to read where your page is in the site folder structure and build back links to the pages higher up in the hierarchy.

Tip: If you use your pages in folders than give the first page in your folder the name index and the folder the name from your first page.

Built with Extension Builder 3.0.1
bread.jpg
Developer: © 2012 MindPalette LLC Provided by Baconfries
Web Site: http://www.mindpalette.com

SCRIPT TERMS & CONDITIONS(MindPalette ): By downloading and using our scripts and plug-ins, you assume all responsibility for their use or misuse and agree that we are not responsible or liable for any damages they may cause, directly or indirectly. MindPalette is under no obligation to provide product support or installation help.
All scripts and plug-ins are offered as-is and at your own risk.

The extension is only available to download from the Extension Manager.
zinc

Re: Breadcrumb Links ***17/05/12***

Post by zinc »

Very nice BF.

BTW whatever happened to Eddy?
Running WYSIWYG Web Builder since 2007...
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Thanks :) I thought I would just update this as it was mentioned in another topic in forum were the user said they couldnt get it to install using Eddy's. Regarding Eddy from the last contact with him he had changed jobs and with other comitments didnt have the same amount of time to help in the forum as he would like but he hopes that this will change and try to get back to helping in the way we were all used to.
Adendum

Post by Adendum »

What a coincidence! I have been researching breadcrumbs for a couple of days and was about to work on a jQuery breadcrumb extension. Hmmm, will have to check this one out first then ;)

EDIT: Nice job BF, as usual. Nice and simple. Hmmmm, shall I or shan't I? lol.
Aditerum - No longer supporting WWB extensions - refer to CJS.
Aditerum - No longer supporting WWB templates - refer to CJS.

WWB 9.4; Ext Builder 4.2; Windows 10 64bit; Intel Core i7-3770 Processor 3.40Ghz; 16.0Gb RAM
Death to Internet Explorer!
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Hi Paul feel free to carry on, :) I just rebuilt this as I had read a post were the user couldnt get Eddy's to show in WB8 so I thought just update to the latest builder and ahre and hope it will be useful to those you want to use.
supersonictt

Post by supersonictt »

BaconFries,

Thanks a lot :) really useful :)
Adendum

Post by Adendum »

Jos,

First which breadcrum extension are you using - then post in the relevant thread. There are two, I am the author of jCrumb, Bacon does the other one.

Second post a URL so we can see what you have done.

Third consider posting your project file.

WWB 9.4; Ext Builder 4.2; Windows 10 64bit; Intel Core i7-3770 Processor 3.40Ghz; 16.0Gb RAM
Adendum

Post by Adendum »

From a quick look using Firebug I can see that the script is in place, the CSS is referenced and I can see the div that should be the breadcrumbs.

The problem is simply that you are NOT using a menu system that generates an UNORDERED LIST structure. See the demo again and read the HELP file.........I quote

"You will need a navigation menu that generates an unordered list <UL> structure and jCrumb uses cookies, therefore pages must run from a server. Breadcrumbs are taken from the page title."

Demo page - clear and upfront says:-

"Requires a navigation menu that uses an Unordered List structure

<ul>
<li><a href="./1.html" target="_self">Home</a>
<ul>
<li><a href="./2.html" target="_self">Two</a></li>
<li><a href="./3.html" target="_self">Three</a></li>
<li><a href="./4.html" target="_self">Four</a></li>
<li><a href="./5.html" target="_self">Five</a></li>
<ul>

As generated in menus such as WWB's Mega Menu, Menu Bar, Navigation Bar, Slide Menu and Tab Menu. Or extension menus such as Image Swap Menu, Kick-Butt Mega Menu, Overlay Menu and Slide Down Box Menu."

Your menu is a TEXT menu - no <ul> or <li> are generated with that menu.