Camera Slideshow (FREE)

In this section you can share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
There is a dedicated section for commercial extensions.
Adendum

Camera Slideshow (FREE)

Post by Adendum »

This extension is based on Manuel Masia's Camera Slideshow. An extremely versatile slide show that allows multiple customisations to both the look and feel as well as the functionality. Options to display a pie loader or bar, change pie or bar positions, thumbnail positions, 24 transition effects and a random option, 10 overlay images, 28 different skins for controls, full screen or normal, captions and full styling capability. And that just scratches the surface!!!

PLEASE take the time to read this help file before you launch into this extension.

Demo available from my demo site. Extension available from the main WWB extension site and the demo site. See links in signature.
Last edited by Adendum on Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aditerum - No longer supporting WWB extensions - refer to CJS.
Aditerum - No longer supporting WWB templates - refer to CJS.

WWB 9.4; Ext Builder 4.2; Windows 10 64bit; Intel Core i7-3770 Processor 3.40Ghz; 16.0Gb RAM
Death to Internet Explorer!
zinc

Re: Camera Slideshow (FREE)

Post by zinc »

Paul;
Well done for keeping your promise and delivering this magnificent piece of work. As always quality. :D
Running WYSIWYG Web Builder since 2007...
Adendum

Post by Adendum »

pewe wrote:Thanks.
Looks interesting.

By the way, what is it you used to create the 'Jump To' scoll menu on your site.

Thanks
Just the simple "Go Menu" in WWB.

WWB 9.4; Ext Builder 4.2; Windows 10 64bit; Intel Core i7-3770 Processor 3.40Ghz; 16.0Gb RAM
jordan

Post by jordan »

impressive slideshow extension Paul
I see you have removed the Camera Slideshow.xwb … oeps accident . :wink: . was about to mail you
+TNX for you index update mail . cheers!
Adendum

Post by Adendum »

jordan wrote:impressive slideshow extension Paul
I see you have removed the Camera Slideshow.xwb … oeps accident . :wink: . was about to mail you
+TNX for you index update mail . cheers!

Oops indeed. I must have dragged the .xwb file into the zip file at some stage. I've removed it now. But those that have it are welcome - if anyone wants the 3 xsl files that go with it just let me know.

gp2727

Post by gp2727 »

Adendum wrote:If anyone wants the 3 xsl files that go with it just let me know.
Very Nice Extension... I'll take you up on the offer for the 3 xsl files too...Thanks in Advance.
email.jpg
stamjoe

Post by stamjoe »

Thanks Adendum.
NIce work!
cheers!
Joe
infos

Post by infos »

thanks, but thanx, does not work for me this extension...I've tried in different web browsers and I've got nothing to be displayed on the page..NADA!
Adendum

Post by Adendum »

infos,

Well if you want some help with it you'll have to provide just a little bit more information old chap. Might be a good start if you read the help file too.

infos

Post by infos »

well, now it works...I had to add an extra code.

thanks again for your nice script.

cheers,
infos
Adendum wrote:infos,

Well if you want some help with it you'll have to provide just a little bit more information old chap. Might be a good start if you read the help file too.
Adendum

Post by Adendum »

infos wrote:well, now it works...I had to add an extra code.

thanks again for your nice script.

cheers,
infos
Add code? The extension doesn't require you to add anything other than complete the relevent properties. So I assume you mean that you had NOT entered some values in one or more of the properties. I'm not splitting hairs but it's important for other readers of this thread to not get the impression that they need to 'add code'.....that would defeat th whole point of extensions.

infos

Post by infos »

yes, I added this:

<script type="text/javascript">
jQuery(function(){
jQuery('#camera_wrap_1').camera({
});
});
</script>

your extension does not generate automatically this piece of code which is needed in order to work correctly

cheers,
infos
Adendum

Post by Adendum »

I beg to differ. And may I add I am not that dumb to release an extension that didn't use key code to make it work.

There is an xsl file used in the extension specifically to cater for different conditions:-

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" version="1.0">
<xsl:template match='/'>
<xsl:for-each select="DATASET/ITEM">

<!-- Normal -->
<xsl:if test="SELECTASIZE = 'Normal'"> <!-- write html for Normal size -->
<style type="text/css">
.fluid_container {margin: 0 auto;}
$iframestyles$
</style>

jQuery(function(){
     });
});
</script>
</xsl:if>

<!-- Fullscreen -->
<xsl:if test="SELECTASIZE = 'Fullscreen'"> <!-- write html for Fullscreen -->
        <xsl:choose>
             <xsl:when test="CAPTIONSORTHUMBS = 'Captions'"> <!-- write for captions -->
<style type="text/css">
.fluid_container {bottom: 0;left: 0;position: fixed;right: 0;top: 0;z-index: 0;}
#camera_wrap_1 {bottom: 0;left: 0;margin-bottom: 0!important;position: fixed;right: 0;top: 0;}
$iframestyles$
</style>

jQuery(function(){
     height: 'auto'
     });
});
</script>
             </xsl:when>
        <xsl:otherwise> <!-- write for thumbs -->
<style type="text/css">
.fluid_container {bottom: 0;left: 0;position: fixed;right: 0;top: 0;z-index: 0;}
#camera_wrap_1 {bottom: 0;left: 0;margin-bottom: 0!important;position: fixed;right: 0;top: 0;}
.camera_thumbs {margin-top: -100px;position: relative;z-index: 1;}
<xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">.camera_caption > div {display:none;}</xsl:text>
$iframestyles$
</style>

jQuery(function(){
     height: 'auto'
     });
});
</script>
        </xsl:otherwise>
    </xsl:choose>
</xsl:if>

</xsl:for-each>
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>
So if you select Normal or Fullsize you get different code.

Therefore in what circumstances did you have to manually add this code? I would like to see your project file (just that page) to identify what you did that caused the extension not to write the correct code.

infos

Post by infos »

Now, the test.html is working just fine, but if you look inside of Untitled1.wbs , I added the code manually.

thanks,
infos
Last edited by infos on Tue May 08, 2012 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adendum

Post by Adendum »

I need to see your WWB project not the published page. Email me the .wbs file with JUST the page with the extension. So open the projects SAVE AS, new name, delete all other pages and email me via my support site. I'll email you back. Alternatively post the .wbs file here and I'll download.

infos

Post by infos »

the whole project is there with all files, including Untitled1.wbs

you can save all the files from that folder and see what is wrong...
Adendum

Post by Adendum »

Ah, OK, didn't see that. Will take a look now.

Adendum

Post by Adendum »

OK, the problem is pretty simple.

Look in 03- General Settings.
There is a property that is required to be completed - SCREEN SIZE. This is the property that uses the aforementioned xsl file. If you don't complete it the extension can't write the correct code.

Click into the property, click ADD, select Normal or Fullsize (you probably want Normal for this page). If you select Fullsize you need to populate the next property and choose Captions or Thumbs.

infos

Post by infos »

Yes, indeed, now it's working without to add anything...sorry, my mistake.

thank you much for your feedback.
infos
Adendum wrote:OK, the problem is pretty simple.

Look in 03- General Settings.
There is a property that is required to be completed - SCREEN SIZE. This is the property that uses the aforementioned xsl file. If you don't complete it the extension can't write the correct code.

Click into the property, click ADD, select Normal or Fullsize (you probably want Normal for this page). If you select Fullsize you need to populate the next property and choose Captions or Thumbs.
Adendum

Post by Adendum »

infos wrote:thanks, but thanx, does not work for me this extension...I've tried in different web browsers and I've got nothing to be displayed on the page..NADA!
OK, glad you have it working. And may I add 10 out of 10 for adding the code manually; shows initiative and persistence. However, maybe next time you try any extension and you have a problem you'll first look at what you have done...or maybe not done.

I'd say most of the extension builders here are very unlikely to release anything that requires the end user to manually tweak a page as that would make the whole reason for extension (plugins) void. If there is a working demo (as I always provide) you should expect that the extension works properly if all the instructions are followed. Sadly it's quite common for people to jump into an extension, not read the help file and maybe half complete the properties, which is very tedious for the extension builder....God only knows how Pablo copes with some of the posts he has to respond to.

So for you and other extension users may I respectfully request that before you post or email that you check your settings, read or re-read the help file, try again and then if it still doesn't work for you post something with more than 'NADA' in it. Extensions take a lot of time and effort to build and support, even writing a help file can take half a day or more, so put some effort in as well - give us some information to work with; otherwise we can't help.

End of Sermon! :shock:

:D

Adendum

Post by Adendum »

The PDF that comes with the extension! See demo page.

And....as your page was missing some key code I would suggest you read the posts from infos and my responses as I believe you have made the same mistake.

Adendum

Post by Adendum »

The default is set to Normal ........
Extension Builder - Camera Slideshow.xwb-1747.jpg
but for some reason that doesn't show up in WWB until you click into the property.

If you populate all the fields but do not open the Screen Size property and click ADD the extension can't write the required code. I have set this up with a default value as you can see but maybe because it is part of a dataset and the code gets written via an xsl file that it wont populate it until it's been opened. Not sure - I'll ask Pablo to comment.

Adendum

Post by Adendum »

The answer is that a default setting for a dataset ( a type of property variable ) cannot have a default setting.

See post viewtopic.php?f=29&t=47671&p=239376#p239372

Adendum

Re: Camera Slideshow (FREE) - minor UPDATE

Post by Adendum »

08/05/12 (18:55) : Updated the Help File (pdf) to emphasise the importance of setting the screen size in the extension. See 03- General Settings > Screen Size.

Adendum

Re: Camera Slideshow (FREE) - Version 1.0.0.2.

Post by Adendum »

09/05/12 (18:08) : Updated extension and moved the Screen Size property to a prominent position. Help file changed.
Camera Slideshow Properties-1807.jpg

Adendum

Re: Camera Slideshow (FREE) - updated 1.0.0.3

Post by Adendum »

@palmtop
The extension is already adaptive. Draw your extension to the size you want and add images. No matter what size the images are they will proportionally fill the shape of the extension. If you go Full Screen images are sized proportionally to the browser size and you can control landscape vs. portrait from within the extension.

Personally I would reduce the size of the 2048px images outside of WWB before you add them to the slideshow as several of those will make it hard work for the browser.

@sikhoonak
I have just uploaded a new version of the extension (version 1.0.0.3) that includes four new "Scroll To ...." transitions. You can now scroll to Left, to Right, to Top or to Bottom.

:)

Patrik iden

Post by Patrik iden »

Hello, i cant get to your site http://www.aditerum.co.uk/demo/index.html or any other of your links?
Adendum

Post by Adendum »

It's OK here but that means Sod All.

I ran a couple of PING checks using some online ping site and most of the world can reach my servers (they are in Denver, CO - I'm in London, UK) and most of them connect OK. Munchen, Cologne (Germany), Santa Clara, CA, Austin, TX, Chicago, OH (USA) and Shanghai, China all seem to be having problems though.

You could run a traceroute if you wanted to see where the packets are being dropped but I'm sure things will settle shortly. Nowt I can do from here.

Patrik iden

Post by Patrik iden »

Adendum wrote:It's OK here but that means Sod All.

I ran a couple of PING checks using some online ping site and most of the world can reach my servers (they are in Denver, CO - I'm in London, UK) and most of them connect OK. Munchen, Cologne (Germany), Santa Clara, CA, Austin, TX, Chicago, OH (USA) and Shanghai, China all seem to be having problems though.

You could run a traceroute if you wanted to see where the packets are being dropped but I'm sure things will settle shortly. Nowt I can do from here.
OK, i'm in Sweden. I'l try later.
Adendum

Post by Adendum »

Patrik iden wrote:OK, i'm in Sweden. I'l try later.
Any change at your end? Might help my server engineers if they knew your IP address.

Patrik iden

Post by Patrik iden »

Adendum wrote:
Patrik iden wrote:OK, i'm in Sweden. I'l try later.
Any change at your end? Might help my server engineers if they knew your IP address.
Still no change.
can you send me your contact email adress so i can send my IP to you?
url removed
Thank you.
Last edited by Patrik iden on Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adendum

Post by Adendum »

Done

Adendum

Re: Camera Slideshow (FREE) ** UPDATED **

Post by Adendum »

17/10/12 (19:01) : Changed to an EB4 build, now uses HTML Textbox to enter text.

Note:
[a] This extension is now built using EB4 which means users of WWB7.5 or less can no longer use the new version unless they upgrade to WWB8.5.
The extension also requires the extension HTML Textbox to be installed.

All three demo pages have been updated - see 2nd slide in each demo (the Batman slides). Text is now managed by HTML Textbox.

ColinM

Post by ColinM »

Hey Paul!

Trust you are well old bean! :lol:

As always, an impressive piece of kit - will have a very good look at this! 8)

Skippy :P
Yours truly
Colin M
Western Australia
Adendum

Post by Adendum »

ColinM wrote:
Trust you are well old bean! :P
Actually I'm miffed at the moment...some bright spark cut clean through our main fibre optic cable in the street on Monday morning....and we are still waiting for a fix. The expected date of repair is Wednesday!!! I'm using my iPad in an Internet cafe for now. Lesson there is don't put all your eggs in one basket!!!

ColinM

Post by ColinM »

:shock:

Ouch!! A definition of "bright Spark" you were previously unaware of. :roll: Idiot! Hope it's well and truly repaired now Paul! 8)
Yours truly
Colin M
Western Australia
Adendum

Post by Adendum »

palmtop wrote:Ok, perfect, I solved and now it works fine for me!
1. I wasn't aware you had a problem.

2. Your site isn't using camera slideshow.

3. Is this post therefore just a spam entry?

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Please note that Adendum will not be able to answer any questions related to this extension for at least three weeks, this is due to him being away and not having access to PC for this time. As the extension was made by Adendum only he can answer your questions related to this.
JimmyJazz

Post by JimmyJazz »

Is it possible to load 2 or 3 camera slideshows on one page?
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Please note that Adendum is on vacation/holiday for at least another two so till he returns he is unable to answer
Adendum

Post by Adendum »

JimmyJazz wrote:Is it possible to load 2 or 3 camera slideshows on one page?
Probably - have you tried that yet?

JimmyJazz

Post by JimmyJazz »

Hi Adendum

I have just upgraded to v9 & now I'm seeing issues with jquery tabs not loading correctly.

The only extension used on the page is the camera slideshow.

I read on another thread: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=56731&hilit=JQUERY that it could be an issue with jquery versions on extensions (this is the exact same issue with page loading on my site)

When I select Jquery1.9.1 in page properties the camera slideshow no longer works.

What version jquery does the camera slideshow use?
Is it possible that an older version jquery is causing this conflict?
JimmyJazz

Post by JimmyJazz »

Hi Adendum,

I just removed the camera slideshow from the page & the jquery tabs all load correctly.
I got the slideshow on 280+ pages now so, I was wondering if you have any plans to update the extension?
Adendum

Post by Adendum »

JimmyJazz,

Change the page properties to use jQuery 1.7.2 and it will all work again. I'll look at the extension when Pablo updates the Extension Builder to work with v9 but even so there may not be anything I can do. When the original developer created the slideshow they will have written their code using the syntax that that version operated on. As jQuery is constantly evolving some code/syntax changes, which could mean that this extension and others are only going to work on older versions of jQuery.

Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Note that if you have upgraded your project from version 8 then the jQuery version will automatically be set to 1.7.2, so you only need to change it for new pages.
Adendum

Post by Adendum »

Version 1.0.0.7 uploaded.

There was an error in the CSS file - missing px for the caption size.

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Hi Paul the issue lies with the jQuery files used ie the following two below in red that are not compatible with jQuery 1.9.1. I am posting a url that should give you updated files that work. I tested locally using jQuery 1.9.1 and 1.7.2 with the following files
Working with 1.9.1 and 1.7.2
jquery.mobile-1.3.0.min.js, camera.js
Not
jquery.mobile.customized.min.js
camera.js

Link
http://bjorn.kuiper.nu/upload/20130407/camera.tar.gz

Hope this helps :)
Adendum

Post by Adendum »

Hey Calum,

Nice one. Where did you find those then? I'll have a play and then update later today. :) Thanks.

Adendum

Post by Adendum »

Aha...found it via Google Groups. Apparently that file has issues but he has a newer version ....camera2.tar.gz. So I'll get that and fix it. :)

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Found in "Google" groups, it seems that the script needs to be updated by the original author. I did a search after reading your post and it looks like this is an issue with others. So a visit to "Google" groups gave this...

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/c ... iJ1GE2tWIJ

lol I never scrolled down to read the update file lol right hope this works out ...