Webshop Plus! v.3.2 for WWB8

This forum is dedicated to discussions about shopping carts/ecommerce.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

Re: Webshop Plus! v.3.0 RC (Release Candidate)

Postby Navaldesign » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:35 pm

You can setup yur items, the changes will only be in the pages code.
Navaldesign

Postby kerri311 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:49 am

great news, thanks Naval. So I will go ahead and get all of my items set up. On the admin side I will just have my tax settings set for unique 0% for all, correct?

as i'm testing out my first test form, i'm having issues once i add an item to my cart. once i add an item, the cart page appears and item is successfully added, however my "continue shopping", "recalculate" and "check out" buttons don't work. nothing happens when clicked on. I made sure on the admin side under script settings to keep them written the EXACT same.

At one point a couple months back when i first tested this out these same buttons worked just fine for me. I had played around and tried removing the box about shipping costs/country......then realized it wouldn't work without it (since I'm not familiar with coding). Naval - you'd told me to just re-load the original page I had downloaded. I did that but now these 3 buttons no longer function. Any ideas?

My test product form is: http://www.invitationcelebration.com/cart/page6.php

Thanks!
kerri311

Postby Navaldesign » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:30 am

But, there is no form in the page!

You have added the form fields, but somehow you have removed the form itself.

If you look better at the original page, you will see that the HTML box and the 3 buttons sit on a form, which in your case is missing.
Navaldesign

Postby kerri311 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:38 pm

ah, thank you that helps tremendously. Just shows you I know little about this process! I was assuming the html in the box was giving prompts for those submit buttons. I've got it now.

One other question. When I look at the original downloaded webshop.....why is it all the forms have their page names listed on the action field? For instance the cart form has action as "cart.php" and the checkout page has action as "checkout.php"? Was this done on purpose, and users are supposed to go in and change action to whatever page they'd like to follow in place?

Thanks
kerri311

Postby Navaldesign » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:37 pm

No!

Each page MUST have itself as action because the code that processes each form is contained in the page itself.

Please follow instructions, do not change anything that you don't know how it works or how you can modify it.
Webshop Plus 3.0 was created with the intent to allow you to manage everything through the Admin area, not changing anything in the script pages.
Navaldesign

Postby kerri311 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:52 am

Thanks, I have it figured out now.

Am I correct in saying that all product pages need to be a sub-page of the "cart folder"? It seems as though when I have product pages listed there it's the only time I can get "add to cart" to go successfully to my cart.
kerri311

Postby Navaldesign » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:15 am

Yes, need to be in the same folder.
Navaldesign

Postby kerri311 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:01 pm

Thanks Naval.

Any closer to the final release?

Thanks!
kerri311

Postby kerri311 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:01 pm

Any idea when the final version will be ready?

Sorry for pestering, however, my new cart can't go live until I implement the final version due to needing the tax by location feature it has.

Thanks
kerri311

Postby NW Dave » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:26 pm

Hi George, hope you are well.

I wanted to get your confirmation before I spend time on this.

For a site that only uses PayPal buy-now forms, am I correct in my thinking that Webshop Plus! would be a good tool to use for the creation of back-end record of sales, and email distributor?

I realize that it is under utilizing all the power of the your scripting, but it seems like a nice approach to accomplish the goal of creating records (outside of PayPal) without having to set up PayPal's IPN and the requisite database.

I've already opened and looked around in the admin script, And my thoughts are that I would just modify one of the product forms in the example. (and not modify the specs in the General Tab which hooks it into Webshop Plus? ) And, use that in combination with the PayPal Button Form, and the dbts FormProcessor included on the "thankyou1.php" page.

Does this sound correct?

BTW, if you have already build a kit to work with PayPal's IPN system, I'd be interested to hear about that. (It need not be compatible with Web Builder)

Thank-You Sir,
NW Dave

Postby Navaldesign » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:50 pm

Hi Dave,

If you don't go through the Cart page, no info is stored anywhere.

All purchase are kept in memory ($_SESSION) until you reach the checkout page.

Not sure how you would modify the products form ??

Yes, I have a pretty good experience with IPN as I have extensively used it for carts, subscriptions etc.
Navaldesign

Postby rav_d » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:21 pm

Hi,

I have been testing this webshop for last few days. it's great and thanks for all your hard work!

so far I found only one issue...

I tested the username and password retrieval option on the admin page. I do get an email to the email address I specified in the admin section, however, the "username" and "password" comes as blank in that email.

cheers
rav_d

Postby kerri311 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:11 pm

I've been testing Promo Codes. When I set up a code for it to take 20% off, it instead takes $20 off. I made sure to select "% based" instead of "amount based".
kerri311

Postby Navaldesign » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:10 am

I can't reproduce this, it works fine for me with %.

Where can I see the issue ?

What's the Cart page code (as seen in WWB) ?
Navaldesign

Postby cachechemical » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:03 pm

Step 1: Create a folder in your computer, preferably inside your WYSIWYG folder. Name it
“webshop3”.
Step 2: Extract the zip content in this folder. This will automatically create a folder named “cart”
Step 3. Using FTP, connect to your site.
Step 4. Create a folder named “cart” in your hosting account
Step 5. Upload the entire “cart” folder content from your computer into the “cart” folder on the
site. With most modern FTP software it is enough to drag and drop the “admincart” folder into the
site “root” directory. At this point you can also test the cart although you haven’t yet set the
details.
Step 6. Install the DBTS Form Processor through the Extension Manager. It is absolutely required
for the cart to work and send mails. After installing, restart WWB.
Step 7. Open the WWB project and customize the project to your needs. This means that you
should change the pages look to suit the rest of your site, and create your products pages. You can
use the example product pages as a start point for this operation.
Step 8. Publish the WWB project inside the “cart" folder on your site.

The steps i have bold; does this mean my new root folder will be /var/www/html/cart ? Publish my entire website under the folder "cart"? Im new to all this. Im catching on and understand it, but a few things go right over my head. So if its a stupid question, laugh all you want but please answer! haha. Thanks for all your help.
cachechemical

PreviousNext

Return to Shopping Carts