Webshop Plus! v.3.2 for WWB8

This forum is dedicated to discussions about shopping carts/ecommerce.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

Re: Webshop Plus! v.3.0 RC (Release Candidate)

Postby kerri311 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:15 pm

Very excited for the final version release! I'm in the process of redesigning my entire site and integrating this webshop (was formally using PayPal's shopping cart).

I was happy to hear you'll be adding the option of location-based sales tax to the final release (example, I'll only be charging tax to items shipped to one particular state in the US). Since I have approx 130 products, I've been waiting on this release before I do any work (don't want to have to go back to 130 items and add or delete something).

Therefore, is it safe to say I can go ahead and build my 130 forms now? In other words, this location-based tax option you're adding to final release, shouldn't result in me having to add a hidden field to each form with the tax category ID, correct? I'm assuming I would only need to set my tax settings as "0" for unique tax id on all products.....

Thanks!
kerri311

Postby Navaldesign » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:35 pm

You can setup yur items, the changes will only be in the pages code.
Navaldesign

Postby kerri311 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:49 am

great news, thanks Naval. So I will go ahead and get all of my items set up. On the admin side I will just have my tax settings set for unique 0% for all, correct?

as i'm testing out my first test form, i'm having issues once i add an item to my cart. once i add an item, the cart page appears and item is successfully added, however my "continue shopping", "recalculate" and "check out" buttons don't work. nothing happens when clicked on. I made sure on the admin side under script settings to keep them written the EXACT same.

At one point a couple months back when i first tested this out these same buttons worked just fine for me. I had played around and tried removing the box about shipping costs/country......then realized it wouldn't work without it (since I'm not familiar with coding). Naval - you'd told me to just re-load the original page I had downloaded. I did that but now these 3 buttons no longer function. Any ideas?

My test product form is: http://www.invitationcelebration.com/cart/page6.php

Thanks!
kerri311

Postby Navaldesign » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:30 am

But, there is no form in the page!

You have added the form fields, but somehow you have removed the form itself.

If you look better at the original page, you will see that the HTML box and the 3 buttons sit on a form, which in your case is missing.
Navaldesign

Postby kerri311 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:38 pm

ah, thank you that helps tremendously. Just shows you I know little about this process! I was assuming the html in the box was giving prompts for those submit buttons. I've got it now.

One other question. When I look at the original downloaded webshop.....why is it all the forms have their page names listed on the action field? For instance the cart form has action as "cart.php" and the checkout page has action as "checkout.php"? Was this done on purpose, and users are supposed to go in and change action to whatever page they'd like to follow in place?

Thanks
kerri311

Postby Navaldesign » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:37 pm

No!

Each page MUST have itself as action because the code that processes each form is contained in the page itself.

Please follow instructions, do not change anything that you don't know how it works or how you can modify it.
Webshop Plus 3.0 was created with the intent to allow you to manage everything through the Admin area, not changing anything in the script pages.
Navaldesign

Postby kerri311 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:52 am

Thanks, I have it figured out now.

Am I correct in saying that all product pages need to be a sub-page of the "cart folder"? It seems as though when I have product pages listed there it's the only time I can get "add to cart" to go successfully to my cart.
kerri311

Postby Navaldesign » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:15 am

Yes, need to be in the same folder.
Navaldesign

Postby kerri311 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:01 pm

Thanks Naval.

Any closer to the final release?

Thanks!
kerri311

Postby kerri311 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:01 pm

Any idea when the final version will be ready?

Sorry for pestering, however, my new cart can't go live until I implement the final version due to needing the tax by location feature it has.

Thanks
kerri311

Postby powelli » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:54 am

Hi,
not sure if its an issue or the way I have set the cart up, but I have forgotten my password for admin. I used the resend function, but the email was as,

You have requested your Loggin details to be sent to you.

-------------------------------------------------------
Username:
Password:
-------------------------------------------------------

On another note, I only installed it yesterday, so not had much testing out it, but I wanted to create my own product page. First I tried to modifey the product page the checkout options, but when I publish it, it wont update the site, stays the old page (template)?
powelli

Postby powelli » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:10 pm

In addition my above post, I have spent more time working on the cart and its great, thank you. With regards to the files not uploading, I am not sure why this is, but when I edit and publish any of the checkout pages or products, WB is set so that it publishes them to public_html/myurl.co.uk/cart but it actually publishes them to public_html/myurl.co.uk/cart/WB8

The other thing is when user click on the add to cart, sometimes the cart pages opens, sometimes it dosent, is there a way to set this so its either or?
powelli

Postby adriepaint » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:22 am

i started the cart.
In the beginning every thing seems oke, but...
now the webshop Plus administrator does not react on my username and password.
Do I have to regist me first by DB Technosystemsystem
Is the template free of charge , or do I have to pay a fee first?
Like to known
I hope I can translate the template in the future in the dutch lanquage.
Maybe someone allready did so and I don't have to "invent the wheel again".

Thanks

Jan
adriepaint

Postby Navaldesign » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:32 am

powelli wrote:In addition my above post, I have spent more time working on the cart and its great, thank you. With regards to the files not uploading, I am not sure why this is, but when I edit and publish any of the checkout pages or products, WB is set so that it publishes them to public_html/myurl.co.uk/cart but it actually publishes them to public_html/myurl.co.uk/cart/WB8

The other thing is when user click on the add to cart, sometimes the cart pages opens, sometimes it dosent, is there a way to set this so its either or?

The project is set to publish to WB8 because that's the site structure in Site Manager.
Simply drag the actual foder one level up and name the folder "cart" and it will publih correctly.

Regarding the "not moving to the cart page" issue: which page gives you this issue ?

Webshop can be set to either display the cart page, or display the products in a small iframe in the top right corner. This is done through the Admin area. Now, if some of the product forms doesn't behave correctly, it can only mean that this product form misses the necessary code. So, to see if I may have missed it in the demo project, please let me know which page / product behave like this so I can check it in my project.
Navaldesign

Postby Navaldesign » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:35 am

adriepaint wrote:i started the cart.
In the beginning every thing seems oke, but...
now the webshop Plus administrator does not react on my username and password.
Do I have to regist me first by DB Technosystemsystem
Is the template free of charge , or do I have to pay a fee first?
Like to known
I hope I can translate the template in the future in the dutch lanquage.
Maybe someone allready did so and I don't have to "invent the wheel again".

Thanks

Jan

Webshop Plus is free to use.
No need to register
If it worked fine before and it doesn't anymore, there can only be a server related issue. If yours is a Windows server, make sure your hosting company didn't change anything (session.save_path) in the PHP settings.
Navaldesign

PreviousNext

Return to Shopping Carts