Webshop Plus! v.3.2 for WWB8

This forum is dedicated to discussions about shopping carts/ecommerce.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901
Patrik iden

Re: Webshop Plus! v.3.0 RC (Release Candidate)

Post by Patrik iden »

Navaldesign wrote:Patrik please understand that all this is a free extra to WWB. They are provided "AS IS". It is impossible to teach you how to code in PHP or how to modify the standard tools, at least not without losing valuable time.

Just open the files, and have a look, then try at least to find out by yourself.
OK i'l do that. If finde the time, could you possibly chow how to make a emty entire cart button in the cart.php page or meybe implement it in the Shop?
Thank's
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

Just add a link to the "cancel" page, this empties the entire cart.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
Patrik iden

Post by Patrik iden »

Navaldesign wrote:Just add a link to the "cancel" page, this empties the entire cart.
OK, Thanks.

Can i make it so when cart is emty, and if a user go to cart i want to go to another page then cart insdead of showing the message Cart is emty in cart page?
Patrik iden

Post by Patrik iden »

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

First post: Yes, but you need to edit the code in the cart.php page

Second post: because the template centers verically the content in each table cell, "middle"

You can change the email templates code to allign "top".
www.dbtechnosystems.com
Patrik iden

Post by Patrik iden »

Navaldesign wrote:First post: Yes, but you need to edit the code in the cart.php page

Second post: because the template centers verically the content in each table cell, "middle"

You can change the email templates code to allign "top".
1. Is it this $strHTML = "<H3>".$empty_cart_label."</H3>"; i change for emty cart to show another page? Do i only put a h ref inside "" ?

2. So is it this code i change middle to top?

Code: Select all

$HTMLmessage .= '<tr>
<td align="center" valign="middle" style="border: '.$border_width.'px '.$border_clr.' '.$border_type.'" bgcolor="'.$header_bgrd_clr.'" height="30">';
$HTMLmessage .=  stripslashes($htmlbodystart);
$HTMLmessage .= '</td>
</tr>';
New question: If i make changes in admin_mail_webshop.php and auto_mail_webshop.php will thows settings be erased if i publish the cart project/site after i made changes?
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

@ Patrik:

Patrik, some knowledge of PHP is required to change scripts, otherwise, the author (me, in this case) must change it for you. But please understand that there is no time for this, as I have my own work that I do for living so I can't dedicate hours (literally) just to code / test / debug requests of a single user.
If you need technical assistance, you already know how I work and what my fees are.

To answer your question, you need to replace the line

$strHTML = "<h3>".$empty_cart_label."</h3>";

with a Javascript window.open statement.

Changes to the email templates will not be lost if you republish.

@Kerri: Sorry, what you are asking for requires custom coding. Actually I don't think there is any cart in the world capable of doing this.

Aren't the standard fields provided with each product (you have 8 of thm) enough to gather enough info for each product ?
www.dbtechnosystems.com
Patrik iden

Post by Patrik iden »

Hey, i replaced this: $strHTML = "<h3>".$empty_cart_label."</h3>";

With this:
echo '<script type="text/javascript">'."\n";
echo 'location.href="http://test3.fcab.se/cart/emtycart.php"'."\n";
echo '</script>'."\n";

And that worked. Thank you for your hints George.
Patrik iden

Post by Patrik iden »

The orders are also emty for me.
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

It can be either one or the other. I prefer to have everything in a separate "cart" folder so the root directory remains neat. If you have published on both the root and the "cart" folders, they will both function, but only one of the two will be actually active, depending on the link you have used in your menu. Please also note that you must set the administration backend of the one that is actually active.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

The first patagraph is a summary paragraph. So the steps are actually the ones that are mentioned under 1. , 2. etc.

So when you say that the "cart" folder is already there" it is because of the above.

Regarding the "admincart" folder, sorry, my mistake and thank you for pointing this to me, it is supposed to be the "cart" folder.

Of course, if you use one of these modern FTP clients, you can skip step 4. as by simply dragging / dropping it will create the "cart" folder on the server.

Regarding tthe WB8 folder creation:

Please note that this happems because in the demo project I have this structure:

webshop_plus_3
--->WB8
--->webshop_plus_v3

When YOU open the project instead in WWB, you should replace this folder structure with the one YOU need.

The first one is simply the project name as I have saved it, and it is not important.

The second one (WB8) is the folder where I wanted to publish the project. In your case it is not useful.

So please do this:

1. In WWB8's Site Manager, Drag and drop the entire "webshop_plus_v3" under the top "webshop_plus_3"
2. Remove the (at this point empty) "WB8" folder from the Site Manager
3. Rename the folder "webshop_plus_v3" to "cart"

In the final release all these small issues will be fixed / cleared.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

Not sure what you mean, why can't the "cart.php" page be moved together with the rest of the pages ?

Also please note that the "cart" folder on the server is supposed (according to the Tutorial example" to be in the "root" folder, the content is inside the "cart" folder.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

You can use as many product pages you like, with as many products per page you like, and with whatever name you like. Make user to assign each product a unique ID although the cart doesn't take the ID into consideration and will work anyway.

Pleae change the email address in the "thankyou" page DBTS Form Processor, as ALL your test submissions are coming to me.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

Not sure what you mean.

The backend allows you to change the labels used in the "public" cart pages. They should not affect, in anyway, anything else.

Please clarify.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

I can't reproduce this. I can change Grand Total to whatever I want, and it displays fine.

See for yourself in http://www.dbtechnosystems.com/WB8/webshop_plus_v3_0 where I changed it to Total Amount, for testing purposes, and it works fine.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

Sorry, you talked about the cart. Now you are talking about the backend. I will check and let you know.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

Ok, I see what you mean.

Let me explain:

When the very first order is made, the script creates the file orders_list.php (in the "admin" folder)
The file uses the labels that are active at that moment, as keys for the array where the values are stored before they are displayed on the page.

So, if you have made the first order using as label "Grand Total", ANY change you make to the labels will result in no values found.

Solution:

AFTER you have decided what fields you want and HOW you want to name them, connect with FTP and delete the files "orders_list.php" and "ordered_products.php" from the server.
Then make a new order through the cart, completing all fields. It will then display everything fine.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

You can change the field labels (captions) through the Admin area, "Custom field settings"

Please note that once you do so, you MUST delete the files "orders_list.php" and "ordered_products.php" from the server, and make a new order, so the script will create the new files with the new labels in your own language.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

Yes, that's the idea behind this: only change the label (caption). If you also change the first part, you must change the field name in the form.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

Which text is in english ????

If you mean the header and footer of the mails, you simply double click the DBTS Form Processor object in the "thankyou" page, and set the Admin mail and Auto mail headers in the related properties.

Please read the instructions of DBTS Form Processor. but do NOT modify the email template and Database / File storage settings that have come as default.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
bcfl

Post by bcfl »

I am trying to test v.3.0RC using local server (xampp) which I use to do most testing, and I get to step 5 of the install instructions
Step 5. Upload the entire “cart” folder content from your computer into the “cart” folder on the
site. With most modern FTP software it is enough to drag and drop the “admincart” folder into the
site “root” directory. At this point you can also test the cart although you haven’t yet set the
details.

and when I go to my cart folder I get the following:

8", "bb" => "10", "" => "", "" => "", "" => "", "" => ""); $promo_min = array("aa" => "50", "bb" => "80", "" => "", "" => "", "" => "", "" => ""); $promo_type = array("aa" => "amount", "bb" => "amount", "" => "amount", "" => "amount", "" => "amount", "" => "amount"); $promo_start = array("aa" => "2011-12-06", "bb" => "2011-12-10", "" => "", "" => "", "" => "", "" => ""); $promo_end = array("aa" => "2012-12-31", "bb" => "2011-12-26", "" => "", "" => "", "" => "", "" => ""); $recalculate_label="Recalculate"; $checkout_label="Check out"; $continue_label="Continue Shopping"; $customer_extra_fields="firstname, First name lastname, Last name email, Email address address, Address address2, Address 2 city, City zip, ZIP state, State country, Country phone, Phone fax, Fax"; $checkout_extra_fields="shipfirstname, Delivery First name shiplastname, Delivery Last name shipaddress, Delivery Address shipcity, Delivery City shipzip, Delivery ZIP shipstate, Delivery State comments, Comments & Instructions paymenttype, Payment Type cardname, Credit Card holder name cardno, CC number ccvno, CCV Number cardmonth, CC Expiry Month cardyear, CC Expiry Year"; $custom_fields="field1 , Field1 Caption field2 , Field2 Caption field 3, Field3 Caption"; $customer_fields_names[]="firstname"; $customer_fields_captions['firstname']="First name"; $customer_fields_names[]="lastname"; $customer_fields_captions['lastname']="Last name"; $customer_fields_names[]="email"; $customer_fields_captions['email']="Email address"; $customer_fields_names[]="address"; $customer_fields_captions['address']="Address"; $customer_fields_names[]="address2"; $customer_fields_captions['address2']="Address 2"; $customer_fields_names[]="city"; $customer_fields_captions['city']="City"; $customer_fields_names[]="zip"; $customer_fields_captions['zip']="ZIP"; $customer_fields_names[]="state"; $customer_fields_captions['state']="State"; $customer_fields_names[]="country"; $customer_fields_captions['country']="Country"; $customer_fields_names[]="phone"; $customer_fields_captions['phone']="Phone"; $customer_fields_names[]="fax"; $customer_fields_captions['fax']="Fax"; $checkout_fields_names[]="shipfirstname"; $checkout_fields_captions['shipfirstname']="Delivery First name"; $checkout_fields_names[]="shiplastname"; $checkout_fields_captions['shiplastname']="Delivery Last name"; $checkout_fields_names[]="shipaddress"; $checkout_fields_captions['shipaddress']="Delivery Address"; $checkout_fields_names[]="shipcity"; $checkout_fields_captions['shipcity']="Delivery City"; $checkout_fields_names[]="shipzip"; $checkout_fields_captions['shipzip']="Delivery ZIP"; $checkout_fields_names[]="shipstate"; $checkout_fields_captions['shipstate']="Delivery State"; $checkout_fields_names[]="comments"; $checkout_fields_captions['comments']="Comments & Instructions"; $checkout_fields_names[]="paymenttype"; $checkout_fields_captions['paymenttype']="Payment Type"; $checkout_fields_names[]="cardname"; $checkout_fields_captions['cardname']="Credit Card holder name"; $checkout_fields_names[]="cardno"; $checkout_fields_captions['cardno']="CC number"; $checkout_fields_names[]="ccvno"; $checkout_fields_captions['ccvno']="CCV Number"; $checkout_fields_names[]="cardmonth"; $checkout_fields_captions['cardmonth']="CC Expiry Month"; $checkout_fields_names[]="cardyear"; $checkout_fields_captions['cardyear']="CC Expiry Year"; $custom_fields_names[]="field1"; $custom_fields_captions['field1']="Field1 Caption"; $custom_fields_names[]="field2"; $custom_fields_captions['field2']="Field2 Caption"; $custom_fields_names[]="field 3"; $custom_fields_captions['field 3']="Field3 Caption"; $display_custom_fields="Do not display custom fields page"; $cart_redirect="customer.php"; $customer_redirect="checkout.php"; $checkout_redirect="thankyou.php"; $custom_details_redirect="customer.php"; $uploadfolder="custom_uploads"; $allowed_extensions="jpg, jpeg, png, pdf, doc, xls"; $max_filesize="4"; ?>
Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at D:\xampp\htdocs\webshop3\cart\admin\config.php:202) in D:\xampp\htdocs\webshop3\cart\admin\index.php on line 3

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at D:\xampp\htdocs\webshop3\cart\admin\config.php:202) in D:\xampp\htdocs\webshop3\cart\admin\index.php on line 3

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at D:\xampp\htdocs\webshop3\cart\admin\config.php:202) in D:\xampp\htdocs\webshop3\cart\admin\index.php on line 6

My permissions seem to be correct, can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks for the assistance
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you mean.

The above code seems to be the "config.php" file of the cart.

But I don't understand what you mean when saying "and when I go to my cart folder I get the following:
". I also don't understand why this is only a part of the full code.

I don't think this is a permissions issue, but since you are testing on xampp, you should set it to NOT report errors and messages. However there is no much help or advise I can provide for local systems.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

No, it isn't possible.

However, it believe that you have a point here. Probably the mini frame should only display value net of shipping. I'll give it a thought.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

Not your mistake, it is a bug which I fixed already and will be available for download tomorrow.

Added also ability to include or exclude taxes, shipping and discount in miniframe.

Added "State" tax feature, for those USA states that apply tax only for State Residents.

The same feature can be used for EU residents, where VAT applies (that is, IF you need to aply VAT separately).

Test: http://www.dbtechnosystems.com/WB8/webshop_plus_v3_0 (it is set to calculate tax only for residents).
www.dbtechnosystems.com
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

luap78 wrote:
Question:
How can I post total amount to pay and order ID to first data - credit card processing page (external url) from your webshop plus 3 checkout page when customer select in payment options field visa or mastercard and how can I together handle (copy) customer and shiping address and other session data for thankyou page when first data will redirect to thankyou page? Also how can I setup an confirmation email about: Your payment was recieved. I would like send order confirmation email after successful payment and not before.
This requires custom coding. Th eexample about CC card holder, number etc is only for demo purposes, to use it you need to implement an API provided by your payment gateway.
Alternatively, you should code a button (just like the PayPal button) but with the parameters and security algorithms provided by your payment gateway.
Question 2:
Why ordered items posted from webshop plus 3 are displayed in paypal order summary like one item? Please see attached pics (webshop1 vs. webshop plus 3)
Because what you are actually paying is the "Order". You are not using PayPal's cart, you are using YOUR cart (Webshop Plus) and you only redirect to PayPal for the payment. If you implement a payment through your own bank payment gateway, it will also be the same.
Question 3:
It is possible to store order in admin and send order confirmation email to customer only in case when the payment is successfully processed?
Yes, but also requires custom coding.
Question 4:
It is possible to use your DBTS preview directly after checkout page?
No. It "could" be done also with custom coding.
I would like sell products in next steps:

1. customer select products (products, product page)
2. selected products customer can preview and modify ordered items quantity at cart (cart page)
3. after confirmation, customer is redirected to customer details page where enter first, last name and other contact details. At the same page customer enter shipping address too if it is diferent as contact andress.
4. after confirmation, customer is redirected to "order summary preview page" where can preview order summary with shipping address with using DBTS preview. At the same page, customer must confirm with terms and conditions (using checkbox) and select paymemt option. After checking checkbox and payment option selection, customer click proceed and is redirected to paypal or other external payment processor.
5. finally, customer is redirected from payment processor page to thankyou page (now is the time right time to send to customer order confirmation email and store order into admin)

All of the above are part of my Pro (paid) cart.

They do not come as standard with the free Webshop Plus.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
tat1477

Post by tat1477 »

DBTS Form Processor through the Extension Manager.

when I go to manual install and go to the folder I can not see any extention to load. I must be missing a step so can you please walk me threw it so I can get it working.
Thanks Bob
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

Manual install is only used if you download the extension zip through my site.
Do an automatic installation instead, throuh the extension manager.

Available updates
when they are loaded, click on Forms
Select DBTS Form Processor and click Install (or Update)
www.dbtechnosystems.com
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

Most probably you have removed the Admin and Auto responder mail "Custom template" from the processor settings or from the server.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

But, How can I know what you have done ?

I mean, it was working perfectly (as you say) then you changed some settings in the DBTS Form Processor properties.

I can only guess that the files admin_mail_webshop.php and auto_mail_webshop.php are missing from the "dbts_includes" folder.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

Final version, classified as 3.2, has been released.
Please download from the link included in the original post of this very thread.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

You have to replace the "cart" page code (the one in Start of Page and the one in the HTML box). Once done you must re-publish the page.

Backend: you need to replace ALL files in the "admin" folder exept the files

config.php
countries.php
shipping_settings.php
shipto_countries.php
paypal_settings.php
order_nr.php
www.dbtechnosystems.com
DarrenH

Re: Webshop Plus! v.3.2 for WWB8

Post by DarrenH »

Hi George

I want to try this project for a job, but unfortunately can not open the attached sample.

I have WB 8.0, and DBTS form processor 2.1 installed as an extension.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Darren
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

Hi Darren,

You need to upgrade to WWB 8.1 (latest version, currently online) and DBTS Form Processor 2.7.5.X
www.dbtechnosystems.com
DarrenH

Post by DarrenH »

Hi George

Thanks for that. Where do I download your updated form processor. I have tried your website, and when I unzip any attachment, it appears to be the same version that I already have of your form processor.
:(
Thanks

Darren
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

Hi Darren,

You can update through the extension manager from within WWB8.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
DarrenH

Post by DarrenH »

I'm sorry George, but when I click on extension manager through the program (to update or download new ones), I can't see yours in the forms or e commerce section.

Furthermore, when I click on the ones that are already installed, it says that I have I have 2.7.5 version installed of your processor

But I still can't open your sample project. :?:

Thanks

Darren
DarrenH

Post by DarrenH »

My bad

A system reboot and all seems to open OK.

Thanks George
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

I have tested the cart again and the % promo coupons work fine.
So either you have not correctly updated the code, or you have not set correctly the coupon.

Regarding the mini cart, please update to the version currently online.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

Please update also the code in Start of Page of the "cart1" page with the one of the updated project.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

The folder "cart" doesn't exist on your server, so obviously it has not been uploaded correctly.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

Your root directory should be "public_html" from what I see I'm under the impression that you have uploaded the files on the upper level, which is only reachable through FTP and cPanel but not through the browser.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

procan wrote:Hi there,

I am just in the process of setting webshop plus up. My question is...if I have already designed a website in WWB and have products etc, do I need to re-build them into the template that you have provided to be able to properly utilize the cart? I also have a bunch of other pages such as services and about us etc, do I need to create these in this template as well?

Just need a little clarification please!

Thanks
You can keep your own product pages as well as the rest of the pages. However, for the cart to work, you need to add, in each product page, the form (with the Add to Cart" button, using as template the forms included in the demo project. Copy / paste from one project to the other is enough to get the form in your own project, then double click the form and customize the hidden fields as required.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

Madalina Bora wrote:Hi Naval,

I managed to understand how everything should be with this shopping cart, but I still have 2 questions left:

1) I uploaded the modified project on my server, in cart folder (which is in public_html folder -which is my root), but when I access my home page it shows me: Index, and "cart" folder, which I have to click to go to the website. How can I do to appear directly my home page?
Not sure what you mean. Is your home page called "index.html" or "index.php" ? This is the default naming for the website first page.
2) I want to remove the customer.php page, as I don't need it, and I want to connect cart.php page (when check out button is clicked) to checkout.php page directly.
How can I do this? I tried to create an advanced button as "Check out" button with a link to checkout.php page, but it's not working.
This requires changing the code. Not only to redirect to the "checkout" page but also to disregard the email address validation which at this point will be missing bevause you no longer have the "customer" page.
I just noticed that the button "Continue shopping" from cart page, send customers to home/index page.
How can I do to send them to the previous page?
Again, I tried with an advance button and smart link (to previous page) but it's not working and it gives me an error.
The "Continue Shopping " button will send the user to whichever page you have set it to be, in the Admin area, PayPal details.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

Regarding the "Continue Shopping": you can acheive this but you will need to modify the code. Also, it will be necessary that all product pages be .php so you can set a session variable equal to the page URL. In all case requires customizing the code.

Regarding publishing,please understand that this is not a webshop related issue and you should have some basic knowledge regarding hosting accounts and folders structure.
With this said, what you need to do depends on what you actually want to do.
You can publish the main site in "public_html" and only the cart related pages inside the "cart" folder. Or, you can publish everything in "public_html" in which case there will be no need for a "cart" folder and you can use the manual instructions where instead of "cart" folder you can read "public_html" folder.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

1. No, I can't see it. It is ok in my IE9

2. You have missed the option name. It should be

Jacheta Street Chic Madette / Marime: S

3. The comma is hardcoded, you should change the code in the cart page HTML box. Find and remove it.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

Well, this is obviously a browser glitch, there is nothing I can do.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
Patrik iden

Post by Patrik iden »

Madalina Bora wrote:Thank you Naval, I fixed the signs issues.
Regarding the comments field, yes with IE9 it works ok, but please try it with Firefox Mozilla 12.0 and you will see that clients can actually resize the comments field.
It's like this with all the comments fields. In FF you can resize this fields. This is just the wy it is.
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

Did you publish the new "cart1" page ?
www.dbtechnosystems.com
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

Madalina Bora wrote:Hi Naval,
Is it possible to make the "shipping" background different than the "total value" background?
Because in admin these fields have the same colors/font.
Yes, but you would need to change the code. You can't change it through the normal Admin settings.
Regarding the confirmation e-mail sent to customers who place orders, they always end up in spam/junk folder.
Is it possible to fix this?
This has nothing to do with the script. Either your server is blacklisted, or you have some setings that are "strange", in example, using an email adress as "from" that is the same as the "admin" email address, or using a "common" (gmail, yahoo) . Try changing these settings in the DBTS Form Processor object in the "thankyou" page.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

Sorry, as as said, you need to modify the code. But I can't do it for you, it requires time that I don't have.
The cart page colors are modified through the HTML box code. Find the line that corresponds to the shipping fees cell background, remove the $..... variable and place there the white #FFFFFF color you like.
www.dbtechnosystems.com