Slide Down Box Menu (free)

In this section you can share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.

There are already more than 250 extensions available!

Re: Slide Down Box Menu (free)

Postby Adendum » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:56 pm

@templar1973,

Thanks for the email. Files received. I will look into this tomorrow and email you back and post here.

Been a bit busy finishing off a new menu - viewtopic.php?f=42&t=42635
WWB Extensions Demo Site - install via Extension Manager in WWB.
WWB Templates Demo Site - these are paid templates.

WWB 9.4; Ext Builder 4.2; Windows 8.1 64bit; Intel Core i7-3770 Processor 3.40Ghz; 16.0Gb RAM
Death to Internet Explorer!
Adendum

Postby Adendum » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:17 pm

The good news is [a] that there was nothing you did wrong and [b] there is a 'fix' although maybe not ideal.

The bad news is I can't see where the problem is - but there is a problem. When specifying more than 5 menu items anything wider than 170px wide menu boxes breaks the extension. So the temporary fix is to make yours match the dimensions I have used in my version of your menu. And this requires you to re-size the images too. My version is set up, with re-sized images, to 170 wide and it all worked fine. Make the menu boxes 171 wide and it breaks?!?!? :?

I'll need to dig deeper to find out where and how this is happening but I'll report back if/when I find a solution. In the mean time you will have to work within the 6 times 170px wide constraints.

:cry:

WWB 9.4; Ext Builder 4.2; Windows 8.1 64bit; Intel Core i7-3770 Processor 3.40Ghz; 16.0Gb RAM
Adendum

UPDATED : Slide Down Box Menu (free)

Postby Adendum » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:50 pm

I spoke too soon.

Found the problem, a stray width setting in the CSS file! I have corrected this and updated the extension. Update 1.0.0.2 available via Tools>Extension Manager and/or my demo site.

Phew! :P

Adendum

Postby Adendum » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:58 pm

@templar1973,

I just checked your page again and made the same change via Firebug and the menu does work!

However the way you have it set up makes the menu far too wide for your page design. At the moment you have 6 menu boxes with images at 200px wide. Therefore 6 x 200px is 1200px wide menu but your page design is only 921px wide.

So you really need to divide 921 by 6 and make your images and menu boxes 153px wide.....but if you had done that in the first place you wouldn't have discovered the problem...so thanks!! :)

Adendum

Re: UPDATED: Slide Down Box Menu (free)

Postby Adendum » Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:05 pm

If you do a local publish you will have a folder called /sdbm/ and another folder called /images/ and the same is true when you publish to the server.

The images for your menu should be manually moved to the /images/ folder.

If you have published to the server let me see a URL.

Adendum

Postby VOTRELEC005 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:04 pm

Very good plugin, I have idea for you :D. Please made http://tympanus.net/Development/Circula ... tCarousel/
I´m from Slovakia
VOTRELEC005

Postby sandy » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:47 am

The Slide Down Box Menu is awesome!

Found a bug (reported also on your sites feedback form).

Here's what I found -

If you have more then 3 of the Fly Out menu items the HREF for the fly out link does not get populated in the generated HTML. This looks like it's a problem on you demos as well (I think demo 2 has menu items with more then 3 fly outs).

I forgot to post that I was trying this with version 1.0.0.0 and then saw a recent update to 1.0.0.2 and seems to have the same problem.

One quick question as well, is their a way to have the images move into the ./images directory so they don't have to be manually moved? I'm somewhat new to WB7 and the extensions, but would make things a bit cleaner for publishing.

Thanks for your excellent extension as well.

Sandy
sandy

Postby Adendum » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:02 am

Sandy,

Well spotted! No idea why as yet but I can confirm that only the first three flyout links are being written. I'm on it now and will report back here and via your email. Thanks for the email by the way - the link to your site was useful.

As for the moving of images, sadly there is nothing I can do about that....as yet anyway. I've asked Pablo (the WWB author, owner, support guru and all round genius) to see if there is anything that can be done in the next version of the Extension Builder.

Adendum

UPDATED: Slide Down Box Menu (free)

Postby Adendum » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:45 am

Just a simple typo can cause havoc!

The missing HREF codes were not being written in the 4th, 5th and 6th flyout links due to a spelling mistake in each of these. Now corrected and fully tested. My demo 2 has all 6 links in use to external websites.

I also added an extra option to allow you to choose between _self and _blank so that any linked items can open in the current/same window or you can elect to open in a new window.

Update 1.0.0.3 available from both locations.

Adendum

Postby sandy » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:36 pm

Paul -

Thanks for the super fast fix. I updated the extension and looks all good. Menu works now with all Six entries.

Keep up the excellent work, and look forward to more extensions coming from you!

Sandy
sandy

Postby Adendum » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:03 pm

Sandy,

Yup, just checked your site again - looking good. Phew! Had me going for a second or two. Don't forget you can further style the menu so you don't have to stick with the default colours. Let me know when your done!

Adendum

UPDATED: Slide Down Box Menu (free)

Postby Adendum » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:55 am

10/11/11 : Having only realised I could do this yesterday (doh!) I have modified this extension (and all my extensions - see list below) so that the live rendering of the extension in design view is greatly improved. In many cases the design view will take on a background colour you set in the extension properties.

Updates available from the WWB extensions site and my own demo site. Remember to check out the extensions listed below.

Anything Slider
Automated ToolTip
Directory Listing
Elastic Thumbnail Menu
Image Information Panels
Image Swap Menu
Kick-Butt-Mega-Menu
Orbit Slider
Photo Info
Simple Horizontal Accordion
Stacked Images
tab Slide Out

Adendum

Postby templar1973 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:44 am

Paul,

I'm using your menu in two sites, but currently waiting for the clients to finish providing content so I can complete the sites. You have viewed one of the sites at www.assaultlife.com, but you can see the other site on my test server at www.efair.netne.net

Thanks for the awesome extensions!

Cheers Mate,
Ed
templar1973

Postby orsochecorre » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:21 pm

Do you have problem with google chrome?
When i view my site with chrome, the image slide 1 time e don't turn back..with other browser(IE or Firefox) i don't have problem.
Have you the same problem?
orsochecorre

Postby Adendum » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:40 pm

Can you post a URL?

I've just viewed all three demo pages and the two url's that templar posted in Chrome and they all look fine to me. What exactly is your problem?

Adendum

PreviousNext

Return to Share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder