Animated JavaScript Slideshow ***11/09/13***

In this section you can share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
There is a dedicated section for commercial extensions.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

***Update 191/09/13***
Extension has been updated to allow you to use any size of image were before all images had to be 500x300. When using a image greater than 500x300 it will now get contained in the Gallery Container without it breaking out and overlapping as it previously did. A few more features have been added added to the properties to allow the following.
*Thumbnail Slide Right Alt
*Thumbnail Slide Left Alt
*Slideshow Previous Button Alt
*Slideshow Next Button Alt
*Slideshow Height
*Slideshow Width
*Slideshow Navigation Buttons Opacity
*Slideshow Thumbnail Opacity
*Slideshowe Slider Border Color
*Slideshow Information/Image Speed
/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/
Thanks go out to jordan for pointing me in the right direction. :D

*****Please Read This Carefully*****
The extension has been rebuilt using the latest version of the "Extension Builder, before using or downloading the Extension please remove all previous versions installed, this is to ensure that you will not have any issues when you check for updates to "Extensions"

Meets W3C Standards
Built with Extension Builder 4.1
ImageImage

***Update 18/11/11***
Extension has now been updated to allow
1. Main Image/Photo to be used with a url/link
2. Set the Slideshow Thumbnail Top Margin
3. Set Slideshow Paragraph Text Color
4. Set Slideshow Paragraph Background Color
4. Set Slideshow Background Color
5. Set Slideshow Border Color
6. Set Slideshow Slider Right/Left Color
7. Set Slideshow Slider Right/Left Hover Color

***Updated 22/04/11***
Extension has been updated to allow it to be used with jQuery rollover effect, tab menu, navigation bar..etc

***Updated 06/07/10***
Fixed positioning so that extension can be place as close to top of page as possible.

***Updated 20/08/10***
Fix has been applied to allow the extension to be use with both doctypes in WB a special thanks goes out to support for this thanksssss :D

Animated JavaScript Slideshow
This dynamic JavaScript slideshow is feature packed with new features including description support, link support, no naming restrictions, portrait image support, graceful degradation and active thumbnail status. Link support has been disabled.

Authors Site
*** Link removed on request of scriptiny.com ***

Extension can now be downloade via the Extension Manager in WB9
Last edited by BaconFries on Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:00 am, edited 9 times in total.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

New extension ***26/04/10***
gp2727

Post by gp2727 »

Nice Extension BaconFries, nice to see Dataset type using Images and Thumbnails....
iamafireman

Post by iamafireman »

Will this stay behind other objects??
zinc

Post by zinc »

BF Once again great stuff!!!! Like it!
Running WYSIWYG Web Builder since 2007...
jordan

Post by jordan »

hiya hiyaaa I'll take this one . 8) . grEat!
+tnx you for the index update mail BaconFries
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

@gp2727 thx glad you like ...you can still just use one large image if you choose to do so and just resize using the thumbnail variables..
@iamafireman it should work fine as it doesnt use flash it all controled by javascript..
@lika15...:) thanks hope it can be of some use to you... :D
@bendigo thanks mate just thought I would give this a go...
@jordan I am back... lol... Imageyour welcome mate as already mentioned will look into seing what can be done with resizing...
jordan

Post by jordan »

He I was already busy painting my riot banners and sharpening the pitchforks . :mrgreen: .
glad your back!
like I said, it is already grEat, resize would event be grEAter, just a bit.
tnx for looking into it . 8) .
iamafireman

Post by iamafireman »

What did I do wrong?
Last edited by iamafireman on Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

@iamafireman...It ok you havnt broke or done anything wrong this is down to me :oops: I didnt take into account users would use image that are larger the the gallery frame which in the css is set at a default of 500x300 and as you have used images greater than this they get pushed out of the frame :oops: I am going to do a fix for this and re upload please note if you set the height and width for the frame then each image needs to be the same ie 300, 500, the width can be smaller but not larger that the size of the frame ie you could have six images 500x300 and have six 400x300 or six 300x300 etc just aslong as the width height of images isnt greater the the display area...sorry..
iamafireman

Post by iamafireman »

That would be great if the user had the option to set frame size
amrajadhyaksha

Does this extension create a space around itself?

Post by amrajadhyaksha »

Hi,

I found that this gallery, when aligned to the top, actually shows at a distance of 70 px below the bar. Also, text must be placed at least 150 px below the box (in the WWB edit area) to be seen as just 10 px below the box in IE 8.

How is this happening?
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

This was by design by the original author I have modified the extension so that it will now sit as close as possible to the top of page I have also checked the text positioning and couldnt find anything as I was able to place the text as close as I needed to the bottom of the slideshow...you can try the new version and download from the usual place
amrajadhyaksha

Thanks

Post by amrajadhyaksha »

Thank you.

Will try this and revert IF any further query.
amrajadhyaksha

Thanks, worked perfect

Post by amrajadhyaksha »

Thanks, it worked just as you had said.
mlsto

Post by mlsto »

Hello,

Looking for a rotator like this but can the thumbs for on the side instead of the bottom?

Thanks.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Hi francybello there does seem to be a issue in IE what it is I cant say...
I also checked with FF and Chrome and it looks like the description is missing again I cannot say what is wrong... :cry: Please ensure that you have uploaded all files to the server this includes the pngfix.htc trans.gif all folders with the correct file...
Just to check that to see if I could get the same issues I have rebuilt your page myself and if seems to be working fine in these three browsers I have uploaded this for you to try and see....I will look again tomorrow as it is late here now 01:29 am and let you know more

http://justtesting123.comuf.com/francybello/index.html
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Hi soory I didnt get back sooner really busy....ok I have taken a look again and used the XHTML for the doctype and yes it is causing a issue... :? for now I can only suggest tha you use doctype DTD HTML 4.01 I will need to maybe rebuild the extension again in the newer verion of the Ext Builder see if that sorts this out, but it may not as I have just tried inserting all images, css, javascript into WB7.1 using the HTML Tool and using the File Publisher Plus and it still gives the same error ie the missing thumbnails when used with the XHTML doctype I will try to look into this in the next day or two and get back to you I can only appoligise for this...as mention I would use doctype DTD HTML 4 for now...

Update I have found the issue it seems WB is removing parts of the HTML in the code namely <h3> </h3> <p> </p> when used in conjunction with doctype XHTML I know that I am going to get told that it is not a issue with WB and WB does not remove or alter the code but it is.... :( If Support/Pablo reads this I hope that he can give his input on this....
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Hi I posted this issue as a possible bug with WB as the HTML was getting modified the reply from support can be read here
viewtopic.php?t=32153
Although I still believe it is a issue I will leave it... :? who am I to complain so for the extension to work you will need to use HTML as it is not possible to use with XHTML sorry.....
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

***Updated 20/08/10***
Fix has been applied to allow the extension to be used with both doctypes new download available....
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Sorry this seems to be a Mediafire issue I can only suggest that you try to download at a later time....
amrajadhyaksha

Re: Animated JavaScript Slideshow ***22/04/11***

Post by amrajadhyaksha »

Request to BF

I had not d/l'd this update and now find that the link is blocked for public download.
Can you please let me have a temp link?

Regards
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

The download is set to "Private" at the moment while I work at updating all my extensions to the latest builder and any scripts used, then they will be available via the "Extension Manager" to download...I dont want to provide any temporary links for it at the moment...sorry
amrajadhyaksha

Post by amrajadhyaksha »

Fine, will look forward to doing that.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

***Update 14/08/11***
Download via the "Extension Manager"
amrajadhyaksha

Post by amrajadhyaksha »

TX, BF.
BaconFries

Re: Animated JavaScript Slideshow ***18/11/11***

Post by BaconFries »

Extension has now been updated ***18/11/11***
BaconFries

Re: Animated JavaScript Slideshow ***18/11/11***

Post by BaconFries »

1) setting the size of the slideshow: it looks like default is 500 x 388. Can I changes this? I need 632 x 240.
No sorry the default size is the only size that can be used
2) Is it possible to include a link in the text?
This may be poosible as it was asked before I will take a look again and see what can be done.
BaconFries

Re: Animated JavaScript Slideshow ***19/12/12***

Post by BaconFries »

***Update 19/12/12***
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

@ jbabt there was no new features added to the extension, the extension was only updated to the latest version of the Extension Builder 4.0.1, this was due to some users saying that they had the extension installed, and when they checked for updates via the extension manager it showed there was a update available, but on trying to update it said successful, but it still showed there was a update even though they had just did the update...hope this clears what you thought was a update to the extension when there was actually none, sorry.... Regarding formating of the font, I decided not to make variable to this. because if you use a larger font size then the width of the text area cannot be changed to accomidate this, the size of the area is preset as is the required size for images, this is why it say that all the images that you use must be 500x388 anything larger then the image will brak out of the container, the only change I could make to the font is the font family ie the name, maybe the weight, but I dont think I will make a change to the font size due to what I have already mentioned.
amrajadhyaksha

Post by amrajadhyaksha »

Thanks, BF, for acting on this issue.
This happens with some other extensions too in updates, but perhaps users are not too bothered about it, as when an update actually happens, it is announced in the forum.
developer

Post by developer »

This seems to work very well for my application except for a couple of seemingly simple issues. The images can't all be the same size in my application, so if it is set for the largest one, everything works as expected but I get overlays when a smaller image is placed after a larger one.

The black background for the main images is something that I would like to be able to change as well.

I don't know if you (BF) are actively working on this now or not. I think if the background is overwritten with the user specified color before the next image is presented, then it might solve both problems.

If you are not actively developing, is the source available? I could fiddle with it and the extension builder to try and get it to work.

Thanks in advance.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Yes I am still active, and if an updated can be made, or is possible then I always try to add it.
The images can't all be the same size in my application,
This has been asked before, and I have answered sorry, as far as this goes all images must be the same size. I have even asked the original author in the scripts forum regarding this (As others) and requests have fallen on deaf ears. Regarding making the source available, I am sorry this is not possible. But I will take any suggestions under consideration. You can always download the original script yourself, then build as an extension if you wish if you can improve on this.
developer

Post by developer »

I had searched but I didn't find this brought up before, so I must have missed that.

The only problem with that is the original source won't have the benefits of all the fixes and mods you added, which would defeat the purpose. I'm just looking for a way to take something that is 98%-workable and make it 100%. This particular application is pure volunteer and there is a plethora of images of varying sizes. I am sure you can appreciate that I can't go back and scale and pad them all with backgrounds, etc. so they fit and look right.

If you do ever decide to go back into your code, perhaps you might consider adding those mods.

Thanks.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

@ developer Ok I have been looking at this for you. It has come back to me that a "Good" friend here (Jordan) did provide a solution to this. If memory serves me, you will be able to add any image, of any size, even if you only set the container to say 500x300. I will dig through a pen drive for this implement and test before release, be patient I have other things to do and sort first, but I will let you know...:)
developer

Post by developer »

I can't find a beer mug smiley, so a grin will have to do... :D

I started to look at the extension builder out of curiosity and I guess all it really is doing via the gui is supplying the parms to the framework that you tell it to insert, and where. One day I will hopefully have time to play with it and pay it forward with something useful.

My problem is that I just wasted so much time with Joomla (and I mean a lot of time), and WB is an order of magnitude beyond that CMS in terms of productivity, flexibility and ease of use. I'm just sorry it took me this long to find it.

The site I am working on is my personal community site and it is so outdated. All the browser and security changes over the past few years have taken their toll along with links aging away on target sites and since it is not "real" coding work, it comes last. In the history section alone, I have tons of newspaper pics, colorized pics and other images I've put together and they are all just sitting in folders, waiting to be put online.

Your extension will really help. It is the cleanest implementation of that type of gallery that I have found and I think I've tried them all over the past few days.

Thanks, let me know if you need me to beta it if/when, and I owe you a beer! ;-)
developer

Post by developer »

Have you had a chance to look at the code? :-)
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Sorry about this big apoligises. Yes I got round to this, the extra new code does allow you to add any image what ever its size and it will get displayed in the container without it getting overlapped. There is only a small issue and it is the thumbnail navigation arrow on the right, it moves in 1 or 2 pixels so that it not flush with the container above. I would hate to release and get questions regarding this as to some they could live with it but to others it not what they want. I can release but on the understanding that this is there. Again apoligises.
developer

Post by developer »

I can certainly give it a shot if you don't mind. Thanks! :-)
BaconFries

Re: Animated JavaScript Slideshow ***11/09/13***

Post by BaconFries »

Extension is now updated
developer

Post by developer »

Works nicely. Thanks.

Three suggestions for a future version...

1. In the text fields, if possible, you might want to leave them blank, as most all of them will change and if they don't, then they won't have to be explicitly changed.

2. Auto-generated thumbnail. Ah, that would be nice. (edit:) I see that it will use the original picture for the thumbnail, but I imagine that will be scaling it down. With a large slideshow, this could take some time to load, whereas small versions would load faster.

3. Multi-picture add. Select a slew of pictures to add, and then go through the list and add text as needed.

But, if you were never to touch it again, it is quite nice as-is and I thank you for your work & update!
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

I believe all the gallery extensions work this way they all use the same image for both. As mentioned you can make your own thumbnails externally in Photpshop or your choice of editor. You could do it in WB by making a blank page just for the purpose of editing (resizing) by doing this.
1. Add a large image that you wish to use as the main to the page.
2. Now resize to 125x75 resample then save as a jpg.
3. Repeat this for each image you wish to use in the extension.
Please note that it is best to use jpg image optimised to as best resolution as possible rather than the use of png as the output size of png tends to be large. By doing this your images will load faster. This is not a fault of the extension or WB it is well known that any images used for the net should be optimised for use to help render faster when loading in the browser.
developer

Post by developer »

When you go to the extension manager and ask for the gallery extensions, you should see it. Double-check and reply. I have the file, but I think you should be able to download it unless something has recently changed.
developer

Post by developer »

Great!
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Will it work in 7?
No, the extension is for WYSIWYG Web Builder 9 users only. Please note that WB7 is no longer supported and that I cannot offer this extension for any earlier versions anymore sorry.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

I can answer you here. Nothing went wrong in the upgrade, the reason why you cannot get this and many other of my extensions is this/they are no longer avaiable to download. I apoligise that this may cause you and many other issues with your projects and not opening due to the extension missing. At this moment I dont know if I can/will release it again I will look at the extension later tonight and will see if it can be recompiled to work in WB10 if not I will post here the results....

***UPDATE***
I have recompiled the extension and will reupload to the Extension Manager asap
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Gino I have recompiled the extension and it is ready, I need to contact Support so that I can set up a new account to share it from theExtension Manager, once I have this you will be able to install it from the extension Manager.

if someone else offers it to you then note that I cannot offer any help with the extension due to it not coming from myself....