JQuery Lightbox ***07/07/10***

In this section you can share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
There is a dedicated section for commercial extensions.
BaconFries

JQuery Lightbox ***07/07/10***

Post by BaconFries »

***07/07/10***
***Update***
Fixed fit to screen

jQuery Lightbox By Warren Mesozen
Lightbox style effects using jQuery

jQuery Lightbox is based on Lightbox2 by Lokesh Dhakar but is written in “jQuery” it is a simple, unobtrusive script used to overlay images on the current page. It's a snap to setup and works on all modern browsers.

As always "Please" read the enclosed PDf for further information

Meets W3C Standards
ImageImage

http://www.mediafire.com/?ue2wzynmmyj
Last edited by BaconFries on Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
gp2727

Post by gp2727 »

Yes, Indeedy....Nice Script with lots of bells and whistles to play with...Thanks
I like your workaround for jQuery too.... :wink:
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Welcome gp came across this while searching for a solution to the conflict issue... have some more info to try so that it might be possible to use jQuery and the prototype.js, effects.js scripts on the same page just need to see what can be done...
gp2727

Post by gp2727 »

Yep, we must be on the same wavelength...I downloaded this jQuery Lightbox yesterday to see if this could be made into an extension.
May get a try when I have time. It has a little different look than yours.

jQuery Lightbox Plugin (balupton edition) - Lightboxes for jQuery....http://www.balupton.com/sandbox/jquery-lightbox/demo/
protectourlands

Post by protectourlands »

I like it BF. Thank you for another great extension.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Welcome Welcome since it looks like jQuery the way to go I thought we should at least have try and see what was there with galleries such as lightbox etec..
protectourlands

This extension is going to be very useful to me.

I'm finding however that the "Fit to screen" cannot be turned off. Am I doing something wrong? It seems to resize my large images whether true or false.

Also, the thumbnails resample on the workpage, and I like that, but they do not stay resampled after upload. Is it possible to keep them resampled after upload?

Thank you BaconFries for all your work on these extensions.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Afternoon protectourlands I will take a look at the fit screen later tonight and see what might be wrong...when your talking about the resample are you meaning the image resolution or are you refering the border around the image when it is a thumbnail?
protectourlands

Hi BaconFries

I mean the image resolution. When making thumbnails out of large pictures, resampling makes the thumbnails look clean. This is how they view on the workpage, but when the page is uploaded, they revert back to thumbnails that are not resampled.

Truthfully, this is not so much an issue as much as the image size as displayed in the lightbox. For some reason my images are not showing full size when displayed, and chosing true or false on the "fit to screen" option doesn't make any change. The Lightbox extension in WB doesn't have this fit to screen option, but it does display the images full size. If there is a way to have the images show full size in your awesome extension, we'd have it all.

Thank you for checking into this. I really like that you incorporated jquery into lightbox.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

@protectourlands I havnt forgot about your query I have email the author of the script for advise and still waiting for a reply as soon as I hear I will post...
protectourlands

Thank you BaconFries.

Were you able to duplicate the image sizing issue when lightbox opens?
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Hi yes I was able to duplicate this I have now discovered the issue and have made the change a update version has been uploaded...
protectourlands

FABULOUS!

Works great. Thank you so much.
BaconFries

Re: JQuery Lightbox ***07/07/10***

Post by BaconFries »

The tooltip of the "Lightbox Images" in the properties is extremely long.
Hi Raj, Yer I have noticed that as well :( ...There is not much I can do about this as it nothing to do with any code I use to build the extensions, it seems it is the extension bulder itself that is a fault it even outputs like this in previous version of the builder I have used to make extensions so it has been there a while...I will post a bug report and see what pablo has to say about it...
BaconFries

Re: JQuery Lightbox ***07/07/10***

Post by BaconFries »

Hi Raj, please read the following url for the answer from Pablo regarding this if your havnt already read it ...
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=34534&p=171301#p171301