Gradual Image Fader+prettyPhoto/Text ***Updated 26/04/10***

In this section you can share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
There is a dedicated section for commercial extensions.
BaconFries

Gradual Image Fader+prettyPhoto/Text ***Updated 26/04/10***

Post by BaconFries »

Meets W3C Standards
Built with Extension Builder 2.0.3
ImageImage

Gradual Element Fader just a fix for this nothing new added was brought to my attension by Eddy thx

PNG pictures wont work with pngfix in gradual fader extensions in IE.

Gradual Image Fader + prettyPhoto***26/04/10***
Author: Dynamic Drive/no-margin-for-errors
Description: This is a generic fader script that can be applied to element(s) on the page to make them gradually fade into view when the mouse rolls over them, and fade out when out. + "prettyPhoto" is a jQuery based lightbox clone the script is compatible in every major browser.more details in PDF

Mouse off

Mouse on

prettyPhoto

Gratitudes go out to eddy with help in code thx :D

Original authors sites:
Dynamic Drive
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicinde ... lfader.htm
No-margin-for-errors
http://www.no-margin-for-errors.com/pro ... box-clone/

Mediafire download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?t1ojqyyymtz

Note Gradual Text Fader will be re-released shorty once I have upgraded
Last edited by BaconFries on Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:06 pm, edited 9 times in total.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Sorry that was my mistake I should have added this into the pdfs you can try this. You need to manually change the js file I suggest you back up file before changing if this doesnt work I will confer maybe eddy to see if there is a way to do it within extension to save you having to alter script.

Customizing
You can fine tune the effect if you wish inside the .js file:
gradualFader.baseopacity=0.4 //set base opacity when mouse isn't over element (decimal below 1)
gradualFader.increment=0.2 //amount of opacity to increase after each iteration (suggestion: 0.1 or 0.2)
The first variable sets the default opacity of participating elements when the mouse isn't over them (0=completely opaque, 1=fully normal). The second controls how fast the fade effect animates- the larger the number, the faster.
Last edited by BaconFries on Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
zinc

Post by zinc »

BF what a cracking extension. I love it. Using it for my latest project, will email you the link once it is done. Hats off!
zinc

Post by zinc »

BaconFries wrote:You could also add this little script in your html it will make you image black+white with mouse over full colour
<style type="text/css"> a:link img {filter:gray;} a:visited img {filter:gray;} a:hover img {filter:none;} </style>
BF couldn't this be implemented as an option within the extension? (just wondering for those of us who are lazy i.e. me ) :lol:

Sorry one more thing. Title would be nice. I have manually edited the code.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Will certainly take a look to see what can be done. I did have this as extension Black/White but removed as I was trying to get it to slowly fade from black/white to color but didnt get anywhere with it... but I will see about maybe reloading it again...
zinc

Post by zinc »

BaconFries wrote:Will certainly take a look to see what can be done. I did have this as extension Black/White but removed as I was trying to get it to slowly fade from black/white to color but didnt get anywhere with it... but I will see about maybe reloading it again...
As ever very helpful. Thank you.
zinc

Post by zinc »

Sorry BF is there anyway for you to lift the restriction of the image size as well. I have an image 37px x 9px

Sorry I meant the extension on WWB at design time. It does work with the values entered. If you could make the min allowed values 5 x 5 ?
zinc

Post by zinc »

Hi BF;

I am using this great extension but hit a rock as there is no "Target" property since I am using it within an iFrame, was wondering if there was a chance to add this in?

Thank you in advance.
Running WYSIWYG Web Builder since 2007...
quando

link werkt niet

Post by quando »

Ik weet niet of ik dit in dit forum onderdeel kwijt kan, maar het volgende
Ik probeer om de extensie "gradual element fader " te downloaden op de site van mediafire via de link bij alle extensies, maar ik krijg de mededeling dat deze link niet goed is.
Heb mij ook inmiddels aangemeld als lid bij dit portal, en ik gebruik natuurlijk een legale versie van webbuilder.
Wie kan mij verder helpen, ik wil namelijk een website verder bewerken op een andere computer maar daar staat deze extensie niet op.
Graag een nieuw linkadres
quando

downloading

Post by quando »

I will downloading Gradual Element Fader but mediafire say's file is invalid or deleted
I must this extension use in Webbuilder

http://www.mediafire.com/?2zcw2wwnnot is not working
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

***Updated 26/04/10***
Gradual Image Fader has now been updated it also supports a new feature called "prettyPhoto" prettyPhoto is a lightbox clone with the ability to select the frame/border around the image form a choice of four themes avaible in the extension.... see original posting and pdf for futher info...

Note Gradual Text Fader will be re-released shorty once I have upgraded