Dynamic Web Page Lengths

Do you want to share WYSIWYG Web Builder tips, tricks, tutorials or useful HTML code? You can post it here...
(no questions or problems please, this section is not monitored by support).
Forum rules
This section is to share tips, tricks and tutorials related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Please do not post questions or problems here. They will not be answered.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

Postby sofian » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:45 pm

Eddy wrote:If the forum is hosted on the same server as where the WB pages are uploaded it can work but you have to test this in several browsers,you have also to change the document type for the page to None to use this dynamic page tutorial.

You cannot open/resize external links in the dynamic iframes.

ok thank u support
sofian

Postby bundyla » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:50 pm

This technique doesn't work anymore. I downloaded your example and tryed it but nothing happens :)
bundyla

Postby iamafireman » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:50 am

I have tried both as well and they dont work. Any way to get an example that works with 6.5
iamafireman

Postby star57 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:06 pm

Same here, does not work for me either...
star57

dynamic page length

Postby joneverson » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:43 pm

mmm..i tried to test your demo...i have preview entire site...i am a little stuck now....hope you can help..i have tried copying your code to no avail..everything is names correctly...
joneverson

Dynamic page length and WB 7.0

Postby rhweston » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:57 pm

I just upgraded to WB 7.0 and tried to build a variable length web page without success. I downloaded everything and could not even get the sample to work. I have read this entire discussion and just saw the comment made by Kees on Tue, March 02, 2010.

"In this topic is everything explained about the dynamic web page and that it does not work anymore in the newer WB versions."

Does this mean what I think, that this technique will not work with Version 7.0? If so, is there a new took within 7.0 to get this effect. What I need right now is very simple. I have a header and a footer and I want to display a PDF file between them. That PDF file changes daily so it could be a different length every time.
rhweston

Postby Patr100 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:13 pm

The new "content place holder" & "master frame" option in WB 6 and above does add some built in dynamic capacity to pages.

but as the original option in this thread no longer works I think this thread really should not be a "sticky" any more or an updated thread with options for dynamic pages replaces it asap.
Patr100

content holder and master page

Postby joneverson » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:43 pm

not sure if it is me. but i need some assistance. i have a master page and 5 other pages to place in the content holder..which are all working fine except 1 one thing. when i preview it the first page which is my home page does not show what is written - ie - a written page of who i am and what my site is about. this only shows when i click on the home button. Otherwise it is blank. I am assuming the content holder will only show the different content when clicked on..i would like some help on how i can make the content appear firstly before i click the home page.i got it running perfect otherwise..please help.
joneverson

Postby support » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:29 pm

Master pages and content place holders cannot be used together.
Content Placer Holders can only be used in combination with Master Frames.
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/master_frame.html

Also please do not use this topic for support question which are not related to the original article. It's getting a little confusing this way :?
support
Site Admin

Postby Patr100 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:28 pm

Could support please respond to my post above about this thread. The original example appears not to work any more. so why is this still a sticky?
Patr100

Postby support » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:15 am

The problem is not WYSIWYG Web Builder 7.
The code doesn't work because it's not W3C compliant.
support
Site Admin

Postby PatrickOnline » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:01 pm

I downloaded the *zip file from the fist post, I opent the project and publish..

but when i go to a page I can't see any text

www.test.patrickonline.nl/test1 (example)
Last edited by PatrickOnline on Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PatrickOnline

Postby PatrickOnline » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:12 pm

now the links work,, but not correct,,
they doesn't open ik the iframe,, and the iframe don't change his size
PatrickOnline

Postby Patr100 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:32 pm

support wrote:The problem is not WYSIWYG Web Builder 7.
The code doesn't work because it's not W3C compliant.

Ok but it either needs updating or not a sticky any more as presently it doesn't work.
Patr100

Re: Dynamic Web Page Lengths

Postby PanamaRex » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:40 pm

Okay ... I know this subject is beaten to death. I've read the tutorial on MasterFrames and Content Pages, but this does not answer the question of when a single grid on a page needs to be lengthen the rest of the page very well.

Imagine if you had a shopping cart, and someone added 100 items to it. it would be a very long page. but imagine if you had multiple expandable items of a similar nature. We should be able to create an element on a page which would push the rest of the the content down depending on how large it is. If we had 3 table grids and each were dynamically generated based on PHP data (ie a a shopping cart with options), how would we push all of the lower html down on the page and lengthen the page to suit?

If the developer has any ideas on how to accomplish, please let us know.

----PR
PanamaRex

PreviousNext

Return to WYSIWYG Web Builder Tips, Tricks, Tutorials and Code Examples