Banner rotator ( random)

In this section you can share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
There is a dedicated section for commercial extensions.
Eddy

Banner rotator ( random)

Post by Eddy »

Banner rotator ( random)

Extension build for a random display order for several adds/banners to be placed in a vertical
or horizontal section of the web page.
The banners/images are shuffled every time the page is revisited or refreshed.
It not only changes the order of images, but it also allows image links, and includes a
variable to change the number of images displayed at any one time.
Al generated banner codes are in the randomads.js file.

Created by: Michael Stransky
Web Site: http://www.stransky-webdesigns.com/
Example: http://www.stransky-webdesigns.com/java ... random.htm

Download Banner rotator for WB 6.5. ( please read the pdf )
http://www.mediafire.com/file/jmoznkmym ... _valid.zip
Last edited by Eddy on Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
zinc

Post by zinc »

Very useful Eddy. Thank you. :D
Running WYSIWYG Web Builder since 2007...
Eddy

Post by Eddy »

It was a suggestion from protectourlands in the topic suggest for an extension, :wink:
Eddy

Post by Eddy »

The first banner =0
The second banner=1

In your case hide 4 banners than it shows one at the time.

How many adds visible.
If you have 20 ads but only want to display 4 ads at a time, you would change the value of "0" to "16" (without the quotes). This means that out of 20 ads, 16 will be hidden.

To use the extension twice in a page/website you have to use pages in folders and show the banners in your page with an iframe.
protectourlands

Post by protectourlands »

Great work on this Eddy.

Words cannot express how much I appreciate this extension, and all the time you put into getting it right.
Eddy

Post by Eddy »

Thanks,I did not build the php because the most websites use html for page extension..and I lost the php file :oops:
protectourlands

I agree. Js is better in this case. I can resend you the php script if you wish. Let me know.

Forgot to ask if you made any changes to the test extension since we tested it last week. Should I download this new file and overwrite?
Eddy

Post by Eddy »

Not necessary,I can find easy php random banner scripts if needed.

The last file I did send you is the same as the uploaded extension,but I did update the pdf.
protectourlands

I see that. Excellent as usual.
Eddy

Post by Eddy »

Meets W3C Standards
Built with Extension Builder 2.0.2
protectourlands

Re: Banner rotator ( random)

This extension is wonderful but unfortunately it is older and seems to now conflict with many newer WB objects that use jQuery. I know it was built using js, but unfortunately I do not know how to reverse engineer this to fix the jQuery conflict issues and update it.

Would someone more familiar with extension building be willing to update this extension? I for one would greatly appreciate it.
haakoo

Post by haakoo »

protectourlands

Unfortunately it won't work.

The extension is designed to randomly shuffle multiple images. So you could have a horizontal block of 8 images all linked to their business, and each page visit would yield a different order of the same images. Or you can randomly pull X amount of images from the list, so only some are displayed randomly. I build a lot of chamber of commerce sites that display multiple ads and use this extension. Each advertiser gets an equal chance of appearing high on the page. It really is an incredible extension!

Eddy did a great job of putting this extension together. It gives vertical and horizontal block option, plus links for each image. The problem is that it conflicts with WB slideshow and other WB objects using jQuery. I have tried every "no conflict" script and nothing works. The extension is old. It needs to be updated it seems.

The only thing I would like to see added is the ability to adjust the space between images (pad). Since it is a javascript, I don't think it is a complicated extension. I have no experience in building extensions unfortunately. Someone with modest extension knowledge could probably do this without many issues. Or maybe it is time for me to learn how to build extensions......finally.