***No longer Supported***HighSlide Mini Gallery ***Updated 12/08/12***

In this section you can share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
There is a dedicated section for commercial extensions.
BaconFries

***No longer Supported***HighSlide Mini Gallery ***Updated 12/08/12***

Post by BaconFries »

****No longer available or supported****
***Updated 12/08/12***
Highslide Mini Gallery has now been updated to allow the following
Select either to use a thumbnail image or text to open the main gallery
Select opacity level for the background.
Select Transition Duration Specify the interval speed between images.
Select to show the image numbers along with the caption or not.
Select Display Fixed Controls When this is true, Highslide aligns subsequent slides so that the controls are in the same position for the next image.

As always please read the enclosed PDF before posting saying that it does not work.

Meets W3C Standards Image Image
Built with Extension Builder 2.0.2

***Updated*** 05/12/09***Updated***
Small update to allow users to set the speed of the "Expand Duration" of the gallery. There are two new variables added to the extension but I havnt been able to write these to the pdf yet..... I have written these new variables here for users to see how to use

Please note that this update only applies to WB6+ users

Name: Expand Duration
Description: Set the speed of the gallery to expand duration on page. (This is in milliseconds the higher the setting the slower it will expand in page)

Name: Restore Duration
Description: Set the speed of the gallery to restore duration on page. (This is in milliseconds the higher the setting the slower it will restore in page)

***Update***
I have been informed that this extension may not load in Web Builder 5.5.
5a this is no fault of the extension itself but due the version of Extension Builder I use to build extensions with so if you have had any issues loading this extension in version 5 this is the reason apoloigies to all who may have had this issue
***Update***

Maybe not a update but a new build... users can now select how many images they wish to add to page unlike before were it was fixed.
Users can now add a single thumbnail to page or have multiple single thumnail images displayed one by one or have multiple images getting displayed from a single thumbnail getting displayed in a gallery giving the option to have more than one multiple gallery on one page at a time

Name: Highslide JS
Version: 4.0.11 (January 21 2009)
Config: default
Author: Torstein Hønsi
Support: http://highslide.com/support

Licence:
Highslide JS is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5
License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/2.5/).
You are free:
* To use for personal use only.
* To copy, distribute, display, and perform the work.
* To make derivative works.
* Noncommercial.You may not use this work for commercial purposes personal use only.
* For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license
terms of this work.(See Above)
* Any of these conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.

Your fair use and other rights are in no way affected by the above.
******************************************************************************/
Please vist the link below for more details on how to purchase commercial licence.
http://highslide.com

Download
Extension is available to download via the Extension Manager

Last edited by BaconFries on Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:02 pm, edited 24 times in total.
me.prosenjeet

Post by me.prosenjeet »

Nice share....thanks :lol:
Check the new Chat GPT and Malware detect extensions at the link below

Check my WB Extensions
Check my WB Templates
---------------------------------------------------------
www.Lucknowwebs.com
zinc

Post by zinc »

BaconFries, Thank you for such a swift action, Fantastic!!! Nice one.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

No problems I now need to do this for all the other extensions but I will get round to it maybe tomorrow....
madjamonline

Post by madjamonline »

That is a really good extension. Well done :wink:
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Thx madjamonline glad you like I have a couple more I want to release from HighSlide got them all running in on my PC just wantt o make sure they are ok before I get them out for use.
madjamonline

Post by madjamonline »

Cool I would love to see them! :lol:
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

I have already uploaded a couple there is the HS pdf and the vinmeo player
viewtopic.php?t=16974
viewtopic.php?t=17113
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Hi frankver you can use more than one gallery on your page if you visit the link below you can view this is a site of a WB user who has used the extension with more than one gallery...
http://www.wendytactuk.com/fotos/galerias.html
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

HighSlide Mini Gallery ***Updated01/09/09***
Updated You could say a rebuild of the old highslide.
Users can now add a single thumbnail to page or have multiple single thumnail images displayed one by one or have multiple images getting displayed from a single thumbnail getting displayed in a gallery giving the option to have more than one multiple gallery on one page at a time
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Hi ok these questions always gets asked....
1) Are you using a legal version of WB?
2) Are you using a demo version of WB??....
3) How many extension do you have already installed on your PC??
4) Are you using Vista/Windows 7??

1) If yes please ensure you are loading extension correctly to the correct folder see here how to install
viewtopic.php?t=7234
2) If yes extensions do not work in demo version
3) The Maximum extension allowed in WB5 in 50 remove one or two and try installing again
4) You need to run as administartor see here for
viewtopic.php?t=7234

At present I cannot check whether the extension works in version 5.5.5a as I no longer have it installed on PC but I can confirm the the extension loads without any trouble with version 6.12....

I will try to install version 5.5.5a on PC and try and see why it not working but if you can let me know what I asked it will help...

Update I have installed 5.5.5a on my PC and found no problem installing extension please check that you are following all of the above and let me know I have inserted a screen image showing WB 5.5.5a installed with the extenion

Eddy

Post by Eddy »

Maybe this helps.
The extensions don't actually install unless your account is Run as administrator. They *seem* to install (and there are no error messages), but they don't appear in the toolbar.

You must give the user that runs 'webbuilder.exe' permissiions to access the folder that you want to save in.
So if web builder runs as administrator that you must give the administrator access rights to that folder.

Right-click the WWB icon and use "Run As Administrator".

Right-click the WYSIWYG Web Builder documents folder to change the permissions of the folder.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Hmmm very strange... please try what Eddy has suggested and let us know I cant say for sure what is wrong but it may be done to the version of Ext Builder If I remember correct this version of the extension was made with Ext Builder 1.5 and the very fisrt was version 1.2 this shouldnt matter as I am able to get it to open....what I can do is this I will place a mediafire link to the original extension and you can try and see if you can install that..... for some reason I cant access my mediafire account at this time and as it getting late here in the UK I will get this done tommorrow afternoon. The only thing about the old version is you are limited to the amount of images you can install it is set at 20 per thumb this was one of the downside with the first version with the new version you can have 1 or as many as you like per thumb.....again sorry that you cant install but I will try and help as much as possible to get it working.... As always Eddy thanks for your input
Eddy

Post by Eddy »

I have no other solutions than this:

1.Rightclick on the toolbox and click Reset toolbox.
2.Use Zipgenius ( freeware ) to unzip your zip file.
3.You can try a new install after removing first webbuilder.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Hmmm it got me baffeled too as I have installed backbox, highslideyoutube, highslideminigallery, and highslidegooglesearch. all are showing in toolbox and all are working as they should...strange why they are not showing in yours I cant say why your having this issue as you are the first to mention that they dont show in WB 5.5.5a and since its first release on Fri Feb 06, 2009 I havnt had any issues with it that werent fixed between then and now...not saying that your not having issues...for your infromation I have reposted the original version alongside the new version you can find that in the very first posting apart from what I have already suggested along with Eddy I dont really know why it not working with your version on WB 5.5.5a.... :roll:
Eddy

Post by Eddy »

I don't have a Reset on a RightClick of my Toolbox. Maybe that is another WWB 6 feature ?
Reset toolbox is also in WB5.

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Sorry I think backbox was made with version 1.5 of Extension Builder :( ...lol you got there before I did Eddy with screen image lol nothing special needed to make them work all the files needed to make the extension work get inserted when you use it .... I can only think that it maybe down to build in newer ExtBuilder...Ok going to ask you to try this try downloading another highslide extension lets say the youtube player and see if that installs for you and let me know....
Eddy

Post by Eddy »

I see only one solution,download the original files and install manual in your webbuilder page. :?
Ok, I just logged in as Administrator. I had to enter my registration info, agree to the Terms and Conditions, and still no joy. Sigh.
Did you run your pc as administrator?
If yes than I realy dont know why you cannot use the extensions.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Morning Rick Ok I took a little timeout and remade a version with a older extension builder 1.2 and it working ok myside..... I would like to send this you as I dont really want to post another version of the extension in forum do you have a email that I can send this to for your testing...
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Ok thats probally the best way it should be with you by now ....
Eddy

Post by Eddy »

Question for you: On the system that you loaded WWB5 and tested in the above thread, was WWB6 already loaded on that system ? I'm wondering if it worked for you because the extension wbx file needs something from the WWB6 file structure or registry entries.
Yes,we have WB6 installed.

I did send Pablo a mail about your problem and resived this answer.
Extensions build with ExtBuilder 1.5 and newer can u only use in WB6.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Hi Rick have email you earlier you should have got the file .....just incase you havnt please check your spam bucket just incase my email got sent there....
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

***Updated*** 06/11/09***Updated***
Update to fix z-index issue extension was getting placed to back instead of being on top to use please specify the z-index in the extension variables.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Hi sorry at the moment you cannot view the thumbnail on the page to see what it looks like before uploading...but once you have added the images you can place the extension were you wish it on page and preview this will then show what it looks like on page before finally uploading, it may be possible for me to use live rendering in the extension so that you will be able to see the first thumbnail on page if it possible I will make the changes... but I wont be able to do this for a few days as I have work outside that needs to be completed first....

The "click to close button" you ask about is a image supplied with the original script and I dont have any control over this or how looks if you need have it look another way you will then need to make you own image to suit you requirements. The image that is supplied is a png image so any image you make needs to be png you will also need to modify the css file to change the size of new image and if you also nename your image this will also be required in css this is so the the script will reconise it and display it properlly. If I can help in any other way then please ask.
me.prosenjeet

Post by me.prosenjeet »

I am sorry if this sounds silly but how do we control the speed of the image zoom? It is too fast for me on the local preview...I need it to be at least 5-10 times slower than the default speed.

Check my WB Extensions
Check my WB Templates
www.Lucknowwebs.com
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Hi me. there is no way to change this from the extension settings itself as this is by default from within the js script ...but if you really need this to be done then you will need to manually change this by yourself in the js file to a speed that suits what you need. I am unable to do this to the extension or update any of my extension due to personal reasons at this time and will only be offering help with any extensions I have made till I can...

Ok these are the two lines of code from the js that you need to alter to change the zoomout/in change the numbers in red to a higher number ie 1000

expandDuration : 250, // milliseconds
restoreDuration : 250,
me.prosenjeet

Post by me.prosenjeet »

BaconFries wrote:Hi me. there is no way to change this from the extension settings itself as this is by default from within the js script ...but if you really need this to be done then you will need to manually change this by yourself in the js file to a speed that suits what you need. I am unable to do this to the extension or update any of my extension due to personal reasons at this time and will only be offering help with any extensions I have made till I can...

Ok these are the two lines of code from the js that you need to alter to change the zoomout/in change the numbers in red to a higher number ie 1000

expandDuration : 250, // milliseconds
restoreDuration : 250,
Can you please mail me the .wbx along with the associated files please at: me.prosenjeet@gmail.com so that I can bring about that change in the extension itself else everytime the page is uploaded, the script will be over written

Check my WB Extensions
Check my WB Templates
www.Lucknowwebs.com
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Sorry me. for my own reasons I dont provided the project files of my extensions... as mentioned it is easy enough to just change what you need in the js file to a different speed without changing the project to do so...sorry :(
me.prosenjeet

Post by me.prosenjeet »

BaconFries wrote:Sorry me. for my own reasons I dont provided the project files of my extensions....sorry :(
I respect your reason. However, I request, if you have the wbx etc with you, it will take you only 2 mins to update the extension adding the zoom in out speed manipulation. I can do it on the server but the problem that I mentioned, every time the page is updated, it changes the code back to the default.

Check my WB Extensions
Check my WB Templates
www.Lucknowwebs.com
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

***Update 05/12/09***
me.prosenjeet

Post by me.prosenjeet »

Thank you Bacon for that .

I hope everything is well at your end :)

Check my WB Extensions
Check my WB Templates
www.Lucknowwebs.com
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Yer back home now but it ment to be rest rest and more rest..... :( time to slow down for a while till they figure out what is happening....
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

***Updated 27/12/09***
Built with Extension Builder 2.0.2
FredericP

Post by FredericP »

Thx for this great extension, but is it possible to have just a simple zoom. Just like the first example in the demo website.
In fact, i want to have exactly the same as pictures in this website :
http://www.bg-communication.fr/Nosprodu ... fault.aspx
Is it possible please ?
[url]http://Peyronnin.fr[/url]
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Hi FredericP thanks for your intrest in the extension...:) with this version of highslide it was made to show muttiple imgaes from one thumbnail you can use it to show multiple single images as well you just have to set it in the extension properties to show this....

the only issue here is it will show 1of 1 in the caption area and it will open each image in the center of page like lightbox does....you could always try and insert the single image source from highslide into WB using the HTML tool this way you will have the same look as the url you provided...
FredericP

Post by FredericP »

Hi BaconFries et thx very much for your quick answer.
Yes, i tried a lot of parameters combinations, and i noticed some problems like the caption area, the background switched in gray...
You tell me that i can take the original highslide script and put it in the html tool ? But if have lot of pictures, must i put an html object for each picture, and how can i link my 2 images with the html object ? I don't know how i can do this.
Is it possible to have a single image version of your extension please ? Or if you don't have time for this (i can understand ;-)), maybe can you give me the .xwb project, so i will try myself ?
Thx by advance for your help.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

You can insert the script from highslide into WB using the HTML Tool but as you mention yes you would have to use the HTML Tool for each image you want to be displayed...I know there is a couple os similar extension available in the extension index that have a single pop up like highslide...I cannot promise anything about trying to build a single image extension but it could be done it just getting free time to build and test and double test before I release it...but keep a eye on the extension index area of forum for any updates to it...
FredericP

Post by FredericP »

I looked for all of the extensions already made, but no one include the single image version of highslide. Thank you very much if you can find some time for this. I'll stay aware of your updates ;-)
BaconFries

Re: HighSlide Mini Gallery ***Updated 27/12/09***

Post by BaconFries »

Not with the variables available with the extension...it would need extra code added to the javascript to do this, and this would alter how the extension works at present....
BaconFries

Re: HighSlide Mini Gallery ***Updated 12/08/12***

Post by BaconFries »

***Updated 12/08/12***
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Please readthe PDF carefully all that you have asked has been added into the extension including removing the numbers, using a link/text inplace of the thumbnail and the opacity can be set to 0 it is all in the PDF

All the updates that allow hiding the numbers, opacaity, and using text as a link to open the highslide
minigallupdate.jpg
alextsampas

Post by alextsampas »

BaconFries wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:39 pm ***Updated 12/08/12***
Hi BaconFries, how can I get this extension? (highslide mini gallery).
I am WWB19.
Thanks
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Sorry the extension is no longer available or supported.
alextsampas

Post by alextsampas »

Thank you for your reply.
Is there any similar like that as you had mentioned before?
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Is there any similar like that as you had mentioned before?
I am sorry I don't understand what your asking are you asking if there is similar extensions then see the following:
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/lightboxes.html
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/global_lightbox.html

If it is regarding adding the script manually then see the following: http://highslide.com/download.php Please not that the script is no longer being updated by the original author and that the onetime support forum no longer exists meaning no support. I myself do not offer support but I believe that questions related to Highslide can be found at stackoverflow.com