Topshopper shopping cart

This forum is dedicated to discussions about shopping carts/ecommerce.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901
astravan

Topshopper shopping cart

Post by astravan »

Has anyone used this with Web builder http://www.topshopper.net/topshopper2/index.asp ?

If they have was it easy to integrate and is it any good?

Thanks in advance.
kevinp

Post by kevinp »

I haven't used this cart but it does look very interesting. I notice there is a free trial so I'll give it a go and report back on my findings.
kevinp

Post by kevinp »

I've had a play with the topshopper cart this afternoon and it looks quite good. Still to implement a full install and integrate the 'home made' dynamic pages but it looks promising with quite good support for integration. For £30 it looks well worth it.
kevinp

Post by kevinp »

This was a good find. I've been looking for something like this for a while. Thanks for posting.

I've completed a basic (very basic) test site and am impressed with this cart. I will be purchasing the full version and integrating it into my site.

You can view my test here, http://simply.net46.net/tshop2/, no payment gateways etc are set up so feel free to play as much as you like

Very easy to integrate into Web Builder and very tweakable. Much better than some of the more expensive options. You could build a very professional looking cart without too much knowledge, the manual is very good.
Fellwanderer

Post by Fellwanderer »

kevinp wrote:Sorry for not replying earlier, I was away until this morning. Glad to hear you've sorted it. It's quite easy, just a matter of adding the 'includes' into each of your WB pages. All quite well explained in the user manual with the necessary code given etc. Probably the best shopping cart software I've come across, and I've tried a few. Well worth £30 and it's made my life much easier.
Getting the hang of it - slowly! Setting up the products on the shopping page seems fairly straight forward but I don't see how you get the basket summary to work on that page.
kevinp

Post by kevinp »

You need to add this code to the start of the page using page HTML (your page must be set to php)

Code: Select all

<?php
// This code allows use of the Dynamic Functions
//Enter the virtual path to this script.
$currdir="/virtual directory";
//!!!!----- DO NOT EDIT BELOW HERE--------------!!!!
$rootpath=str_replace($currdir,"",str_replace("\\","/",getcwd()));
require_once($rootpath."/tshop2/includes/inc_dynamic.php");
?>
Change the 'virtual directory' to the directory the page is in e.g.

If the page is in http://www.yourdomain/products then the line should be:

$currdir="/products";
Note: this is the directory the page resides in and not the page name.

Then add a html code box and paste in either;

Items: <?php GetNumCartItems() ?>
(number of items in cart).

Total: <?php GetCartTotal() ?>
(Cart total). or...

<?php GetSummary()?>
(Full summary).

You can use the total code then add a invisible layer below and a button event to show the summary when clicked. See this example http://simply.net46.net/tshop2/.

You can format the html box like so:

<font size="2px" face="Verdana"> Total:<?php GetCartTotal() ?>
This allows you to set font, size etc.

I'll try and knock up a rough template today.

Hope this helps.[/url]
Fellwanderer

Post by Fellwanderer »

Thanks a lot, Kevin. A template would be brilliant, too!

Will try to get on with it later today as I've a busy morning with other things.

Once again, your help is much appreciated.
Fellwanderer

Post by Fellwanderer »

The light is very slowly dawning!
Fellwanderer

Post by Fellwanderer »

kevinp wrote:You need to add this code to the start of the page using page HTML (your page must be set to php)

<?php
// This code allows use of the Dynamic Functions
//Enter the virtual path to this script.
$currdir="/virtual directory";
//!!!!----- DO NOT EDIT BELOW HERE--------------!!!!
$rootpath=str_replace($currdir,"",str_replace("\","/",getcwd()));
require_once($rootpath."/tshop2/includes/inc_dynamic.php");
?>
Change the 'virtual directory' to the directory the page is in e.g.

If the page is in http://www.yourdomain/products then the line should be:

$currdir="/products";
Note: this is the directory the page resides in and not the page name.

Then add a html code box and paste in either;

Items: <?php GetNumCartItems() ?>
(number of items in cart).

Total: <?php GetCartTotal() ?>
(Cart total). or...

<?php GetSummary()?>
(Full summary).

You can use the total code then add a invisible layer below and a button event to show the summary when clicked. See this example http://simply.net46.net/tshop2/.

You can format the html box like so:

<font size="2px" face="Verdana"> Total:<?php GetCartTotal() ?>
This allows you to set font, size etc.

I'll try and knock up a rough template today.

Hope this helps.[/url]
Seem to be going round in circles!

I've look at your example page in both wysiwyg [Page HTML] and the source code itself but can't see any of those pieces of code.

Obviously, I'm missing something very simple but what it is is beyonf me!
kevinp

Post by kevinp »

I've just had a look this morning and you're right, I can't see the code in the source or on a html import. Not sure why that is, will have to investigate.

I've posted my web builder files to http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=3da9 ... 0a1ae8665a. It's the 'tshop2 file

You'll need to change your cart locations (action) in the forms etc (explained well in the topshopper manual) and obviously get a copy of Topshopper (with an activation code for anyone who doesn't already have one). You can get a free trial at http://www.topshopper.net/topshopper2/prereg.asp

You can then edit the pages to fit your own design and upload them (add the topshopper files within the tshop2 folder)

Hope this helps[/url]
Fellwanderer

Post by Fellwanderer »

Thanks, Kevin. That now makes a bit more sense to me! Will try to follow it through once my head has recovered.

I do have Topshopper and the activation code but there are far too many logos and colours on their support page for my poor eyes! I've got a raging headache after about thirty seconds.
kevinp

Post by kevinp »

It is a bit 'busy'. Main thing I can suggest is keep a copy of the manual handy, it's well written and quite handy.

I like topshopper and it integrates into WB better than any other cart I've tried. The only thing I can find wrong with it is the fact that if you want to use it on more than one site you have to buy a seperate license for each and at £30 a time it can soon mount up.

Maybe a multi site licence option could be made available.

Kev
Patr100

Post by Patr100 »

kevinp wrote:It is a bit 'busy'. Main thing I can suggest is keep a copy of the manual handy, it's well written and quite handy.

I like topshopper and it integrates into WB better than any other cart I've tried. The only thing I can find wrong with it is the fact that if you want to use it on more than one site you have to buy a seperate license for each and at £30 a time it can soon mount up.

Kev
Thank for answering a question I had in the other thread.
Still at £30 per site it compares well with having to have your own merchant account if as I understand it secure payment portals other than PayPal are available.
kevinp

Post by kevinp »

This is true. There are a lot of features and payment options and it can be quite easily configured to fit in with WB. It can also be used as a quote system which I have found useful. For most people with one site it seems the ideal solution. If you sign up for the affiliate program you can get £5 off each licence you purchase so all in all I'd say pretty good value.
kevinp

Post by kevinp »

I have also been chaecking out the ecwid remotely hosted option talked about here viewtopic.php?t=23006.

Looks promising and supports the adding of 'add to cart' buttons only with a nice interface and many features. Best of all it's free to use.

Worth a look.
Fellwanderer

Post by Fellwanderer »

kevinp wrote:It is a bit 'busy'. Main thing I can suggest is keep a copy of the manual handy, it's well written and quite handy.
For once, I'd actually done that! It is pretty good isn't it? I just found their site a bit tiring to look at for more than a few seconds.

Kev
That would be good - just as well I'm not likely to need more than two.

Got the hang of most of it now. Just a couple of minor things to sort out but I'll persevere a bit longer before asking!

The one thing that doesn't seem to be working is adding the first item to the basket - it always comes up as still empty and has to be added again. From then on, everything is added as it should.