Order form integration on html file? (Simple shop system?)

This section is for posting questions which are not directly related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Examples of off topics: web server configuration, hosting, programming related questions, third party scripts.

Note that these questions will generally not be answered by the administrators of this forum.
Varaosa

Order form integration on html file? (Simple shop system?)

Post by Varaosa »

Yush, im try to put somekind of order system that allow to add item into basket or order thease product with normal html file system.

I saw then there is some component like paypal or other similar system, that allow to make shop system in html form but, problem there is that then there have to be somekind of prices or functional order setuping in those system, that allow to make order so, i can't use that.

Let's say then problem is that, then i can't add any product in paypal system, that allow to put price "0" because, paypal not accept that.

Thease "0" -because if or i have product that can pre-order that what can have "0" -price tag to make "reservation".

So, i want to or try to "skip" or "bypass" this make own order system in in html form to make product order.

I just want to make somekind of simple "order product" -system, that can send into to the merchant. Email or someshot.

That could be extra if i can add item like "in basket" -system but, im fine if i can at least order someting by form if, i can make form send self into the merchant.

I just want to at least someting simple, like "send feedback" -system, that allow to add product in same feedback box or someting or just add them manually but, anyway. I din't find any other simple solution so far, that i can use or make to make product order or shop system.

I just want to basicly get someshort simple product order system that i can use in this editor that allow to send form or order also in local sysetm.
Pablo

Re: Order form integration on html file? (Simple shop system?)

Post by Pablo »

I cannot change the way PayPal works, but maybe one of these solutions will be useful?
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=57726

or else you can integrate any third party solution via the HTML object.
Varaosa

Post by Varaosa »

Pablo wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:20 pm I cannot change the way PayPal works, but maybe one of these solutions will be useful?

or else you can integrate any third party solution via the HTML object.
I know, that why i come to there in forum to ask other solution & also that why, i bought this application because, it's have more customation & integration to madae one but, because i don't have much skill to make those one so, i ask this. I don't want to use any other "third party solution" -because, my order form have to work also in "offline" -mode or "local".

Let's say, i like to have or get order form that send those form stright into email. (POP-, IMAP- ja SMTP-) & i like to then order form is not "PHP" -format so, like to get more likely javascript or xml or basic html format. I can accept php form too but, those form have to work also in offline/local mode, that usual any php files not working. What you can recomented then?
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

I don't want to use any other "third party solution" -because, my order form have to work also in "offline" -mode or "local".
Then in this instance you will need to either write your own script or hire someone to do this for you. Also note PHP requires to be uploaded to a server that runs PHP for it to work or you can install xampp on your PC.

I will also move this to the following as this isn't directly related to the use of the software.
Off Topic Section
viewforum.php?f=75
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Unfortunately, I cannot help you write custom scripts, because for me that would also take a lot of time.

The built-in form script only supports basic functionality like send emails, store data in a database or upload files.
It does not implement web shop functionality because this is usually a lot more complicated and each shop has different requirements.

Also note that forms usually do not work offline. You will need some kind of script to process the data and send emails, this cannot be done without PHP.

If you do not have the skills to implement a script yourself then I suggest to use a third party web shop solution like ECWID
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/ecwidshop.html
Varaosa

Post by Varaosa »

Im saw before then there is exist system that allow to send order for example "outlook" -email application just by, using or open in email but, what i want to there is "that" or "script" -then the site pre-fills in the sections of what should be or be added to the email.

Let's say, when you open for example "outlook", it's automatic fill to which e-mail the mail is sent and fills in the non-written information such as header and form information such as the sender's name, surname, address, etc. & then user have to fill those lines. So I’m not looking for any modern or complex contemporary solution but, something simple that worked as it has before worked. After all, I was able to do this before php & i looking someting this kind system that work also in offline/local mode if you have just internet connection.

By the way, I asked directly how to do this with this program but, there are no such tools directly in this program, like "wizard tools" to make forms that not worked in php what work stright.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Im saw before then there is exist system that allow to send order for example "outlook" -email application just by, using or open in email but, what i want to there is "that" or "script" -then the site pre-fills in the sections of what should be or be added to the email.
You can do this by using 'mailto'. However, this is not reliable and this will not always work on every browser. PHP is more reliable.
Related FAQ:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=135
Varaosa

Post by Varaosa »

Pablo wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:55 am
You can do this by using 'mailto'. However, this is not reliable and this will not always work on every browser. PHP is more reliable.
Related FAQ:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=135
-I'll use this or currently now then if there is none else solution to do this, that can also work in offline/local network, expect just by sending manual email by, open email andress.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Note that this has nothing to do with WYSIWYG Web Builder. This is standard HTML functionality.
Varaosa

Post by Varaosa »

Pablo wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:50 pm Note that this has nothing to do with WYSIWYG Web Builder. This is standard HTML functionality.
-Well, that what i was try to also ask or optionaly too but, your editor not offer any other solution then only one thid-party component to do this & still that was third-party component so, it's could so, it could apply to your editor if any.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

There are multiple webshop solutions. Did you try them all?

However, there is no way to implement a webshop without server side component.
So, either the webshop script will be running on your own server or you are using a third party service.
This works the same as with other web design tools.
MGD4me

Post by MGD4me »

If you only need a fairly simple 'shopping' system then look in your Tools for 'Smart Cart'.

Smart Cart allows you to store your inventory (with prices) and allow your clients to select any items of interest to order. When 'checking out', a form is presented to the client where they would insert their contact information, along with a summary of the items ordered (and prices). When the order is 'submitted'. a copy of the details are emailed back to the client for confirmation, in addition to an individual where the 'order' is to be processed.

It is simple, and works quite well. I would say give it a try, since it addresses your need for sending emails.
Varaosa

Post by Varaosa »

Pablo wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:41 pm There are multiple webshop solutions. Did you try them all?

So, either the webshop script will be running on your own server or you are using a third party service.
-I looking all of them but, none of thease solution not give stright solution for me with out setuping them. For me is just enought have just form, with some drop & down menus or checkbox that can send for email. I have those already setuped but, i can't send form that only using mailform or script system. I like to have someshort "shop chart option" & i know how's those work but, it's not not necessary but, it's still usefull to see what order or product user want to order in form or message that user was sended in that form.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

For me is just enought have just form, with some drop & down menus or checkbox that can send for email.
If you do not want to use a script then you can use 'mailto'.
However as previously mentioned, this may not work in all browsers. So, this is not recommended.

Please note that this is not a limited of the software. it's a limitation of HTML in general. This applies to all web editors.
molveno

Post by molveno »

" this form is not secure autofill turned off" now google and bing have made a security for the automatic form, when I click this, I get the error in the message content. what can I do? I think it has something to do with the http to https switch
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

To support https you will need to contact your web host.
alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

Varaosa wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:06 pm
Pablo wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:41 pm There are multiple webshop solutions. Did you try them all?

-I looking all of them but, none of thease solution not give stright solution for me with out setuping them. For me is just enought have just form, with some drop & down menus or checkbox that can send for email. I have those already setuped but, i can't send form that only using mailform or script system. I like to have someshort "shop chart option" & i know how's those work but, it's not not necessary but, it's still usefull to see what order or product user want to order in form or message that user was sended in that form.
If all you want is a simple order form with a guarenteed mail system, why not look at embedding a third party form manager such as cognitoforms (www.cognitoforms.com) in your web site. It's easy to do - I use it all the time - here's a fairly complex one you can look at (but please don't click on 'Submit') https://gmnscouts.org.uk/nan.html

Alan
yveslemonde

Post by yveslemonde »

molveno wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:24 am " this form is not secure autofill turned off" now google and bing have made a security for the automatic form, when I click this, I get the error in the message content. what can I do? I think it has something to do with the http to https switch
I'm facing the same problem. Anyone with a solution ?
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

To support https you will need to contact your web host.