[RZ]

This section is for posting questions which are not directly related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Examples of off topics: web server configuration, hosting, programming related questions, third party scripts.

Note that these questions will generally not be answered by the administrators of this forum.
zinc

[RZ]

Post by zinc »

Hello guys;

It is with great sadness to inform you that the long time contributor and prolific extension builder [RZ] (Rafael) has passed away on Saturday the 3rd in Israel due to a heart attack. I have been working with him for a long time and became friends away from WWB and he was indeed a good friend. He will be remembered not only for his work but his vision and friendship.

Please if you can take a moment and send him a prayer. :cry:

RIP [RZ]

Z
Running WYSIWYG Web Builder since 2007...
BaconFries

Re: [RZ]

Post by BaconFries »

Sad news of his passing. My thoughts and prayers are with all his family and friends at this time.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

This is very sad news. Rafael was very talented and has meant a lot for the WWB community. He will be missed.
andyp

Post by andyp »

Condolences to his family
Making mistakes....and still learning as I go along.. and very grateful to those who know far more than me... :)
http://www.apgraphx.co.uk
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

R.I.P and condolences. Very sad to read <3
"Make My Day"

See my Website
madebyibloo

Post by madebyibloo »

This is very sad news :( what a gent.
Cheers,
Scott

www.madebyibloo.com - a creative design studio.
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

Sad news indeed. Thanks for the extensions and your contributions.
jerryco

Post by jerryco »

Oh my God... He was so professional in what he developed. Muchas Gracias, and may your Soul prosper dear [RZ], Rafael.
// Love is the acceptance of nothing / Account age is no guarantee of efficiency ;-) ->

Above, Beyond, and @wwonderfull! <- Genuinely helps you with a powered up site that counts! Four Times Excellence!
donjohnson24

Post by donjohnson24 »

My condolences also. I always looked forward to his contributions and his excellent extensions.
jerryco

Post by jerryco »

Zinc, the practical side of me just kicks in... are you able to (help) shut down his website so there will be no unanswered bills piling up or extensions be paid..?
// Love is the acceptance of nothing / Account age is no guarantee of efficiency ;-) ->

Above, Beyond, and @wwonderfull! <- Genuinely helps you with a powered up site that counts! Four Times Excellence!
ColinM

Post by ColinM »

Very Tragic news indeed Zinc. As Pablo said, he contributed a lot to this form and created some very clever extensions. My deepest heartfelt condolences to his Family and Friends :(
Yours truly
Colin M
Western Australia
Rob

Post by Rob »

This is sad news indeed. I am sure he IS a good man.
The Website Guy - MN
Small Business Web Design
GrahamW

Post by GrahamW »

oh this is just so sad to hear.
RIP RZ My deepest heartfelt condolences to his Family and Friends
alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

Sad news

Alan
WWBman

Post by WWBman »

That came as a shock.
Very sad.
RIP
miguelss

Post by miguelss »

:(
bkjohns

Post by bkjohns »

Very sad news indeed. I hope his family will appreciate that he influenced and helped many people in many countries by virtue of his skills. I have several of his extensions and whenever needing assistance he was always willing and more importantly able to help me.
And I'm sorry for your loss of a friend, zinc.
pajadt

Post by pajadt »

It is sad to hear such news, my condolences to his family and friends
DavidQ

Post by DavidQ »

This is sad news. Rafael was very talented indeed. Whenever I was in touch with him, his helpfulness and commitment to product improvement was most impressive. My thoughts are with Rafael and his family and friends. Thanks for letting us know Zinc.
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

zinc wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:49 am Hello guys;

It is with great sadness to inform you that the long time contributor and prolific extension builder [RZ] (Rafael) has passed away on Saturday the 3rd in Israel due to a heart attack. I have been working with him for a long time and became friends away from WWB and he was indeed a good friend. He will be remembered not only for his work but his vision and friendship.

Please if you can take a moment and send him a prayer. :cry:

RIP [RZ]

Z
Hi zinc, after getting this sad information and giving my condolences, I have been thinking... This great work Rafael done with all extensions. Sad if no one can take over... Maybe his family can get payed for it... In that way his work is not getting lost. Just a thought... <3 RIP <3 Rafael
"Make My Day"

See my Website
zinc

Post by zinc »

Thank you guys for the kind messages. It is a very sad chapter and his absence will be greatly felt. :cry:
MxmlnA

Post by MxmlnA »

Hello,

My condolences to all the relatives. It is not easy when a person who has been there for you for years is suddenly no longer there.
But it is all the more beautiful for me to hear what a good person he was and what a place he had in the hearts of some of you.

But I can only say that because I never got to know him. That's why I'm writing here right now.

I had just ordered something from his site and paid for it. It shouldn't be a problem to get your money back via PayPal. However, I would much rather receive the goods.
My question is, will the shop continue to operate or not? If this is not the case and someone can confirm that the money ends up with his family, I will gladly accept that I will no longer receive the money.

Maybe someone can help me a little further. Since I can really use these extensions and at the moment I just don't know whether I should look elsewhere or wait.
But if not, I understand that too.
zinc

Post by zinc »

MxmlnA wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:58 pm Hello,

My condolences to all the relatives. It is not easy when a person who has been there for you for years is suddenly no longer there.
But it is all the more beautiful for me to hear what a good person he was and what a place he had in the hearts of some of you.

But I can only say that because I never got to know him. That's why I'm writing here right now.

I had just ordered something from his site and paid for it. It shouldn't be a problem to get your money back via PayPal. However, I would much rather receive the goods.
My question is, will the shop continue to operate or not? If this is not the case and someone can confirm that the money ends up with his family, I will gladly accept that I will no longer receive the money.

Maybe someone can help me a little further. Since I can really use these extensions and at the moment I just don't know whether I should look elsewhere or wait.
But if not, I understand that too.
Hi Mxmlna - Thank you for the kind word. I will try to contact his son re this matter - in the meantime do not order anything from his shop as it will not be honoured for the obvious reasons. He was the man behind everything and none of his family know much about this.
Hope this helps.
Islander

Post by Islander »

R.I.P. Rafael. By the work you have accomplished, you cannot be an ordinary person.

These extensions are treasures for the WWB community and I would suggest that someone competent and capable think about continuing his great work. That would very much honor his legacy.