Drag and Drop email envelope on to a web form

This section is for posting questions which are not directly related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Examples of off topics: web server configuration, hosting, programming related questions, third party scripts.

Note that these questions will generally not be answered by the administrators of this forum.
Starb7

Drag and Drop email envelope on to a web form

Post by Starb7 »

Hi All

This one is a bit out-there but has anyone had any experience or knowledge on how to 'Drag and Drop' an email envelope on to a web form ready for submission into a database?

What I am after doing is saving emails to a web site so that they can be shared/viewed by others (not a shared mailbox) alongside other data and info, etc. I would envisage the routine to extract the component parts from an email envelope to place from, subject and body content and if required, an option to upload/save any attachments. The latter is a 'would like' but the main function is a 'must have'.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

TIA

Paul
BaconFries

Re: Drag and Drop email envelope on to a web form

Post by BaconFries »

Drag and Drop' an email envelope on to a web form ready for submission into a database?
What do you mean by this? How will dragging a envelope onto a form contain info to be submitted? Do you have an example? With this said it will need a custom script..
Starb7

Re: Drag and Drop email envelope on to a web form

Post by Starb7 »

Hi BaconFries

I would like to drag and email from such as Outlook on to a Web Form. Upon the 'drop' the form would extract the parts of the mail, from, subject, body and attachments. Yes, I realise this is a script/coding and that's what I wondered if anyone had done?

Cheers