Style Sheet

This section is for posting questions which are not directly related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Examples of off topics: web server configuration, hosting, programming related questions, third party scripts.

Note that these questions will generally not be answered by the administrators of this forum.
Terry.Latey

Style Sheet

Post by Terry.Latey »

I have added html copied from a previous webpage for a search form but can not see the text in the form. I use The Next Generation in Genealogy Software for the database for the site. I had the creator of that software look at the page and he said, "The problem is that you have the font-size set to 0px in a few places in your style sheet. So the text is there, but it's infinitely small. :)"
So my question is where do I find the CSS and then where in the sheet would I find the code? Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to give. The temp home page is found at http://www.earlylds.com/EarlyLDS.html.
Terry
Pablo

Re: Style Sheet

Post by Pablo »

The font size of Layout Grid is 0px otherwise spaces and new lines in the code would affect the layout.
So, if you place custom HTML in Layout grid then you will have to set a font-size in that code.
Terry.Latey

Post by Terry.Latey »

Pablo thank you so much. I appreciate the quick replies I always get from the WYSIWYG forums. I use the software because I have no idea how to code and it does an amazing job of putting websites together. But I don't have a clue how to add the the font size in the code. May I ask for guidance on how to go about that?
Thanks again :-)
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Unfortunately, I cannot help you to modify custom code. Because it require knowledge about the code you are added.

But you can try this:

Code: Select all

<style>
#EarlyLDSSearchCard-card-item3
{
   font-size: 10px;
}
</style>
Terry.Latey

Post by Terry.Latey »

Hello Pablo,
I tried the code you suggested but it threw off the rest of the code on the page so I am back to learning to work with the CSS file the creator of the TNG software is helping with that. I have a question about one of the blocks now on the page, it contains a two part carousel. I enlarged the graphic in the template. When I view it online at a width of 320px it squizzes the sections together. I would like the text on top the graphics. How might I do that?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Terry
See the page at http://earlylds.com/EarlyLDSHome1.html
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

Since they are in grids, open the grid properties and change the grid to use 'flexbox' and then you can change the column order. In the breakpoint when the grid flips to vertical, you would assign the text column to be '1' and the image column to be '2'. This will put the text above the image.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I do not see the code on the page. Maybe you have inserted it in the wrong place?
It should be between the head tags in Page HTML.
Terry.Latey

Post by Terry.Latey »

Hello Pablo,
I have been in contact with you a couple times as I have tried to configure the new EarlyLDS.com website. I am in need of help from a professional I think, so I am contacting you to see if you or others you may know of could be hired to help with the use of both WYSIWYG and The Next Generation in Genealogical Software. It would be a modification of a template in the TNG software. I have created the home page and header and footer with WYSIWYG. The greatest problem is getting the search form to work on both the home page and the header and then changing the color scheme on the database template pages.
The TNG software is found at https://tngsitebuilding.com/.
Thanks,
Terry Latey
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Unfortunately, I cannot help you with third party because for me that may also take a lot of time.
But maybe someone else on the forum has time for this.
Terry.Latey

Post by Terry.Latey »

Thank you Pablo for the quick reply. How might I ask the members of the forum? just with this posting or is there somewhere else to post?
Terry
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I think it's best if you create a new topic for this in the 'off topic' section.