Building a Form Online

This section is for posting questions which are not directly related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Examples of off topics: web server configuration, hosting, programming related questions, third party scripts.

Note that these questions will generally not be answered by the administrators of this forum.
mygis

Building a Form Online

Post by mygis »

Hi there,
Does anyone know of any open source platform that can be installed on our server to allow people to create their own forms online. I am looking into the possibility to integrate this with WWB.
In our environment we are using several forms and need to update/create new ones all the time. Users would create the form online, click on a button and we will receive the html code that we will later on integrate into our website using WWB. I have been doing the process manually so far and it starts to be too much. I need to automate the process.

Any pointers would be much appreciated.
Last edited by mygis on Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
alan_sh

Re: Building an online form

Post by alan_sh »

Not quite what you are after, but do have a look at cognitoforms.com. You (or anyone else) can create or modify forms and then insert them into your document with an iFrame. And it's free for most things.

Here's an example https://www.penninescouts.org.uk/generalenquiry.html - I don't have to modify my web site if I want to update the form - just change it on the cognito site.

Alan
jerryco

Post by jerryco »

Isn't an iframe not-Apple friendly?
// Love is the acceptance of nothing / Account age is no guarantee of efficiency ;-) ->

Above, Beyond, and @wwonderfull! <- Genuinely helps you with a powered up site that counts! Four Times Excellence!
alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

Well, I test my sites using an iPad and it has never thrown up any issues. You could try my link above using an Apple device and let me know.

Alan
jerryco

Post by jerryco »

Maybe you should ask somebody with an iPhone? Just to be sure? I, by religion, do not use Apple products.
// Love is the acceptance of nothing / Account age is no guarantee of efficiency ;-) ->

Above, Beyond, and @wwonderfull! <- Genuinely helps you with a powered up site that counts! Four Times Excellence!
mygis

Post by mygis »

Perhaps I did not formulate the question properly. I have found what I was looking for. We can build the form online then email the details. This will help us get the information and integrate with our website.
I am now testing this called "Formeo". It is open source and available on GitHub:

https://draggable.github.io/formeo/

It's pretty cool !