cPanel Security

This section is for posting questions which are not directly related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Examples of off topics: web server configuration, hosting, programming related questions, third party scripts.

Note that these questions will generally not be answered by the administrators of this forum.
BaconFries

cPanel Security

Post by BaconFries »

Interesting read for all cPanel users..
https://www.zdnet.com/article/2fa-bypas ... re-cpanel/
ColinM

Re: cPanel Security

Post by ColinM »

Hey BF,

VERY interesting article indeed! Although good luck to any Phish that tries to bite my cPanel hook as I manage all my Clients cPanels.

That said - ticket raised with my provider!

Thanks for the share and heads up BF! 8)
Yours truly
Colin M
Western Australia
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

Good article "Bacon". I'm managing some c-panel sites for customers that booked their webhotels themselves. The webhosting I offer my clients uses the new S-PANEL. In my opinion better then c-panel... and never the less... CHEAPER :D
I changed all my sites to this panel last year when c-panel dramatically raised their prices. I have not heard of any hacking yet.
"Make My Day"

See my Website
ColinM

Post by ColinM »

Bluesman wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:28 am Good article "Bacon". I'm managing some c-panel sites for customers that booked their webhotels themselves. The webhosting I offer my clients uses the new S-PANEL. In my opinion better then c-panel... and never the less... CHEAPER :D
I changed all my sites to this panel last year when c-panel dramatically raised their prices. I have not heard of any hacking yet.
Hey Bluesman - I actually hadn't heard of S-Panel - had a quick look - I find the prices of my Australia upstream provider very reasonable with cPanel and their service first class. That said, I will raise a ticket with them on this. Was their much involved in migrating? DNS, Shared Hosting IPs, email servers etc?

Hey BC - Just checked with my providers - they've already applied the 2FA patch - which doesn't surprise me as they are very switched on.
Yours truly
Colin M
Western Australia
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

ColinM wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:32 am
Bluesman wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:28 am Good article "Bacon". I'm managing some c-panel sites for customers that booked their webhotels themselves. The webhosting I offer my clients uses the new S-PANEL. In my opinion better then c-panel... and never the less... CHEAPER :D
Hey Bluesman - I actually hadn't heard of S-Panel - had a quick look - I find the prices of my Australia upstream provider very reasonable with cPanel and their service first class. That said, I will raise a ticket with them on this. Was their much involved in migrating? DNS, Shared Hosting IPs, email servers etc?

Hey BC - Just checked with my providers - they've already applied the 2FA patch - which doesn't surprise me as they are very switched on.
Hi Colin. My provider migrated all my sites very smoothly. Databases and all in a flash. With no cost at all.
"Make My Day"

See my Website
ColinM

Post by ColinM »

Bluesman wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:39 am
Hi Colin. My provider migrated all my sites very smoothly. Databases and all in a flash. With no cost at all.
Thanks Bluesman - that's good to know! 8)
Yours truly
Colin M
Western Australia
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Thanks Colin and Bluesman. I just thought I'd post this for information that it might be of interest. It always great to hear hosts are on top of things such as this and give assistance when needed with the likes of migration etc.