Client uses GSUITE - Your Experience and Thoughts

This section is for posting questions which are not directly related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Examples of off topics: web server configuration, hosting, programming related questions, third party scripts.

Note that these questions will generally not be answered by the administrators of this forum.
ColinM

Client uses GSUITE - Your Experience and Thoughts

Post by ColinM »

Hi All,

Usually, I set up a website hosting account and configure POP/IMAP domain name derived email addresses under that respective product I've created in my LLC Cpanel.

However, I'm starting to see more than one Client that is using G(oogle)Suite.

Has anyone had any direct experience with this, especially as a website designer with Clients using or wanting to use it.

My first thought is why should a client pay for that when they can have a number of IMAP email accounts by virtue of their website hosting?

Secondly, if I transition from GSuite to std hosting IMAP, is there any issue moving emails via the Clients email delivery software (Outlook)?
Yours truly
Colin M
Western Australia
alan_sh

Re: Client uses GSUITE - Your Experience and Thoughts

Post by alan_sh »

Colin,

I'm not sure what the issue is if you are just talking about email. Google mail (@gmail.com etc.) can be accessed via imap. And I use Outlook to access my gmail accounts with no problems. It's just another mail system.

So, what am I missing?

Alan
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

Hi Colin. I have one client that insisted on having their emails with the site domain I published through gmail. I tried to argue with them why?? They told me it's more convenient to handle all their emails this way through the Google business suite. I setted up the MX-pointers for this and now they're happy :D
They have also asked to get the website transferred to Google business suite but that's another game...
"Make My Day"

See my Website
ColinM

Post by ColinM »

Hi Alan and Bluesman,
My apologies for the delay in responding. It's been a pretty crazy last few days!
alan_sh wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:32 am Colin,

I'm not sure what the issue is if you are just talking about email. Google mail (@gmail.com etc.) can be accessed via imap. And I use Outlook to access my gmail accounts with no problems. It's just another mail system.

So, what am I missing?

Alan
I'm more referring to Gsuite, or Google Workspace as it is now known Alan as referred to by Bluesman.
Bluesman wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:44 am Hi Colin. I have one client that insisted on having their emails with the site domain I published through gmail. I tried to argue with them why?? They told me it's more convenient to handle all their emails this way through the Google business suite. I setted up the MX-pointers for this and now they're happy :D
They have also asked to get the website transferred to Google business suite but that's another game...
Yes, I don't get that Bluesman. Why pay for website hosting that includes email accounts and then pay more - and as you say you can IMAP accounts and use webmail. Has the same attraction of not having to configure email delivery software across devices. Urgh! Have fun hosting the website! :lol:
Yours truly
Colin M
Western Australia
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

Chears Colin... :D :lol: We have the same amount of posts in the forum... :idea: :idea: Must be celebrated!
And thanks... I'm trying to avoid Gsuit for webpages :x
"Make My Day"

See my Website
ColinM

Post by ColinM »

Bluesman wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:20 am Chears Colin... :D :lol: We have the same amount of posts in the forum... :idea: :idea: Must be celebrated!
And thanks... I'm trying to avoid Gsuit for webpages :x
:lol: :lol: :lol: not any more I'm 1 up :mrgreen: - pity we're so far apart regarding the celebration.

A Client I was with today is paying more than $30.00 per month and he only has 2 email accounts under Gsuite, handles them through Outlook and only on two office PCs - worst case for a Gsuite ! :roll:
Yours truly
Colin M
Western Australia