What about a list of usefull snippets

This section is for posting questions which are not directly related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Examples of off topics: web server configuration, hosting, programming related questions, third party scripts.

Note that these questions will generally not be answered by the administrators of this forum.
Fender

What about a list of usefull snippets

Post by Fender »

What about a list of usefull snippets gathered on one place.
divided in catagories or subjects to quickly search what a user needs?
Just an idea, what do you think about that?
It also can be with links to more complex use of snippets.
Fender
BaconFries

Re: What about a list of usefull snippets

Post by BaconFries »

Isn't the following for that WYSIWYG Web Builder Tips, Tricks, Tutorials and Code Examples
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum ... m.php?f=26
Fender

Post by Fender »

Sure, you're right but if we have one subject of 'úsefull snippets'
in my opinion it's easier to find what you're looking for.
A lot of usefull snippets are also scattered over several groups of the forum, that's why I suggested this.
wwonderfull

Post by wwonderfull »

Fender wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:14 pm Sure, you're right but if we have one subject of 'úsefull snippets'
in my opinion it's easier to find what you're looking for.
A lot of usefull snippets are also scattered over several groups of the forum, that's why I suggested this.
You are on the point there @Fender. good to hear the suggestion from you.
Fender

Post by Fender »

If I rely on the number of hits on this topic, I think you can say that there is indeed interest in such a list.
The only question is who is willing and capable enough to take the lead for such a list?

I myself don't have enough knowledge to do this but I will definitely share my snippets and ask others to do this too.
Who is willing to start this up?
@ Forum members comment here if you support this initiative.
Fender
zinc

Post by zinc »

Fender wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:21 am If I rely on the number of hits on this topic, I think you can say that there is indeed interest in such a list.
The only question is who is willing and capable enough to take the lead for such a list?

I myself don't have enough knowledge to do this but I will definitely share my snippets and ask others to do this too.
Fender
I am with you as long as the instructions are clear as to where to insert them for example.
Running WYSIWYG Web Builder since 2007...
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

Fender wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:21 am If I rely on the number of hits on this topic, I think you can say that there is indeed interest in such a list.

Fender
I'm into it to :) If you check with "crispy" he suggested a library for tutorials etc... and maybe this section can be under the same roof. I think it's a good idea to collect everything that regards WWB... tutorials, snippets, extensions etc in a good searchable manner.
As I wrote in crispy post I started a project some years ago with good intentions but the time was not enough...
Here you can see the idea but it's far from done... lose ends and so on :)
https://www.chevere.ec/wwb_academy/
Sorry for the silly comparison with Jeep :D

This was crispy post:
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum ... 75&t=89760
"Make My Day"

See my Website
lummis

Post by lummis »

May I suggest a little bit of caution. If you go to Board index and look in the General section for Share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder you will find a pinned item called WB Extension Index which was managed by Jordan who is not very active nowadays on the list.
The last entry appears to be 2018 and the list appears to have a lots of extensions that are either deprecated or will not work with the latest versions.

What is being suggested is a good idea as long as the list of snippets is kept under review and remain relevant which means a bit of work for someone. A database solution would be a better option as that is easier to maintain but I don't think that is possible within the forum.

Brian