Layout Grids

This section is for posting questions which are not directly related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Examples of off topics: web server configuration, hosting, programming related questions, third party scripts.

Note that these questions will generally not be answered by the administrators of this forum.
Rob

Layout Grids

Post by Rob »

Made a "simple" update to a client's site today (added a YouTube video), but the site was built several years ago - back before the use of "layout grids" (web design jargon I know). I gotta tell ya, it was like making an overseas call using a rotary phone, or building a house using tools by the Amish, or trying to do bookkeeping using an abacus. #LoveTheLayoutGrids
The Website Guy - MN
Small Business Web Design
crispy68

Re: Layout Grids

Post by crispy68 »

I agree Rob, layout grids, flex containers, flex grid is the way to go now.
ColinM

Post by ColinM »

Great to see a post in here from you Rob - been a while - but I know you've been busy and knocking out so many websites at an amazing pace! :D

As you know, it took me a while to be a convert, but thanks to you and others and some stubborn indefectibility :lol: (watch people dive for the dictionary on that one :mrgreen: ), I'm definitely a convert - layout grid wise.

More work required from me on flex grids though.
Yours truly
Colin M
Western Australia
zinc

Post by zinc »

While I agree, I still seems to be not comfortable in the way to add elements to LG and the fine tuning that goes with it. But hey who am I to argue??? :D
Running WYSIWYG Web Builder since 2007...
Rob

Post by Rob »

My initial reaction to the layout grid was a cringe at the lack of control, BUT, even though the control is not pixel perfect, you can make it pretty close on a breakpoint basis. I do steer away from CSS grid and FlexBox so I can still try to support IE10 (I know, why). Looking forward to getting caught up so I can get to know Wb16 and it's awesomeness.
The Website Guy - MN
Small Business Web Design