Wanna buy a working extension "site statistics ans visit counter with IP-address"

This section is for posting questions which are not directly related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Examples of off topics: web server configuration, hosting, programming related questions, third party scripts.

Note that these questions will generally not be answered by the administrators of this forum.
mindentezzel

Wanna buy a working extension "site statistics ans visit counter with IP-address"

Post by mindentezzel »

Hi,

I am a hobbyist web site creator, I mainly built only my site. I need help, I will pay for it.

I need a guru who is able to give me a working "site statistics and visit counter extension" with ordinary data and with IP-address.

No google or something like this pls. I know several free services, they do not show the IP-addresses of the visitors.
I have a very limited traffic, so I do not want to pay monthly. I need one working solution.

I cannot configure and create MySQL so you need to create the MySQL database on my server site.

I have bought every WYSIWYG WB extension ( for example site statistic, visit counter) from that you can build the working extension I would like to have.

Thanks,
Tamas
BaconFries

Re: Wanna buy a working extension "site statistics ans visit counter with IP-address"

Post by BaconFries »

Sorry it is not possible to take a commercial extension (paid) made by someone else (in this case Pablo) combine and then incorporate the feature you require. The reason is it would be seen as stealing something that doesn't belong to you. Maybe if you contacted Pablo he may be able to assist you. But as mentioned it is not possible for others to take the extension (s) mentioned (paid) and call there own.
WWBman

Re: Wanna buy a working extension "site statistics ans visit counter with IP-address"

Post by WWBman »

Have you looked at www.statcounter.com?
mindentezzel

Post by mindentezzel »

I do not think you are right. I have bought the extensions, Pablo has got his money for the extensions. Now there is an new problem: I need a person who is able to make them working. Or do you know somebody that would work free for me?
I have asked Pablo earlier, he has no time to teach me the MySQL. I find it is absolutely okay. On the other hand I do not want to learn it. All I need is a working software.

Pls tell me how to find a people, if this way is a wrong way according to your opinion? Is there a section of hiring people?

Or is there an easy-start version of these extensions? Pls tell me where I can find it.
Last edited by mindentezzel on Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:36 pm, edited 7 times in total.
mindentezzel

Post by mindentezzel »

Thank you I know www.statcounter.com, it is not for me.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

I do not think you are right. I have bought the extensions, Pablo has got his money for the extensions
I am sorry although you have purchased the extension(s) you are not allowed to supply / share them to anyone else so they can modify them for you. The extension (s) are licensed for your use only and only you. The same applies to the program you are not allowed to share it with anyone else even though you have paid and Pablo has got the money....so if you are not allowed to share the program it means that you cannot share the extension (s) you have paid for.
mindentezzel

Post by mindentezzel »

Got it :)

No problem, I am going to buy it once more for the person who helps me. I think this is okay, isn't it?
MGD4me

Post by MGD4me »

I don't know who your web hosting company is, but in my case I can log into my web site's control panel (cPanel) and I can find all sorts of Stats.

Stats are collected every time a visitor visits the web site, right down to which page was visited, how long they were there, including their IP address and client type.

'Hits' are displayed by the hour, for every day of the month. I can see Bar and Pie charts of visitors by country, and if they were referred by a different site.

Your web host has more stats already available, than you'll ever need, so I'd start there.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

You would need to check with Pablo on this due to you would be using the same email / credit card to purchase which would mean it is licensed to you. Another point is I am unsure how the extension was built, was it made with the programming language C++ or just using the Extension Builder, if it was made using C++ then the person who is going to rebuild would need how to program in C++. As far as I no Pablo does not share the code to rebuild any extension(s) made this way so even buying them for another person would probably be pointless as the original code is required.
mindentezzel

Post by mindentezzel »

Thank you for the cPanel-idea.
Unfortunately I do not think that cPanel gives great statistics.
In many cases it could be usable, but in other cases you need a lot of work and time to get the information you need.

I need a plugin that gives me I want. No more, no less.
mindentezzel

Post by mindentezzel »

BaconFries wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:10 pm You would need to check with Pablo on this due to you would be using the same email / credit card to purchase which would mean it is licensed to you. Another point is I am unsure how the extension was built, was it made with the programming language C++ or just using the Extension Builder, if it was made using C++ then the person who is going to rebuild would need how to program in C++. As far as I no Pablo does not share the code to rebuild any extension(s) made this way so even buying them for another person would probably be pointless as the original code is required.
Please, please, please!
The wysiwyg is a web builder that is made to build sites. The site built by wb has its owner. The owner is not always the same person who wrote the program.
Do you have any idea how to solve my real problem? Is there an easy-start version of these extensions?
I know, You are a real guru, could you please personally help me showing an easy start site?
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

To use these extensions, you will need to setup a database on the server.
'sitestatistics' stores the IP address of each visitor. You can view this data in the database tool of your webhost (usually PHP Admin)
lummis

Post by lummis »

I think that we might be going in circles here as mindetezzel has already said that he has not got the knowledge to use MySQL.

@mindetezzel - Does your host provide a CPanel for making changes on the server, if so can you find phpMyAdmin? If the answer is yes I may be able to talk you through to set up the table for the database. If you do not have a database enabled then ask your host for help.
Just to clarify, you do need a database to view the output.

Brian
mindentezzel

Post by mindentezzel »

lummis wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:54 am I think that we might be going in circles here as mindetezzel has already said that he has not got the knowledge to use MySQL.

@mindetezzel - Does your host provide a CPanel for making changes on the server, if so can you find phpMyAdmin? If the answer is yes I may be able to talk you through to set up the table for the database. If you do not have a database enabled then ask your host for help.
Just to clarify, you do need a database to view the output.

Brian
Hi Brian,
yes I can find it, Pls see the pic here http://www.mediafire.com/view/trrzew36b ... yg-re1.png

Thank you for the help offered,
I would be very grateful for your help.

How can I contact you directly? Or would you send me an email pls

Tamas
Last edited by mindentezzel on Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lummis

Post by lummis »

Hi Tamas

I will continue on here for the moment as it may help someone else facing the same problem as you. If we come to a point when the problem is specific to you then I will follow up by email.

Thanks for the screenshot as that confirms that you have all the tools available. If you click MySQL Databases, are there any databases listed in the Current Database section? If so, which database do you want to use to store the stats?

If no databases are listed you will need to create one use the Create Database section - come back to me if you need help with that although your host should have information on how to set up a database in it's FAQ or Knowledgebase.

At the moment I want to establish the name of the database that you wish to use.

Brian
mindentezzel

Post by mindentezzel »

Hi Brian
Many thanks for your help.

I created a database using the wizard. Shall I give you the details here?
No problem, since it will be just an example, and if I will see how it works using the extensions, I can create a new one.

I have the name of the database
a username
a password

What next?
lummis

Post by lummis »

Great - now go to phpMyAdmin on the cpanel and it will list your database - just click on the database name and you should have a page with a number of tabs across the top one of which is SQL - click on that tab. In the PDF instructions for Site Statistics you will find that it asks you to create a database table on the server followed by a few lines of code which for ease I will repeat below so that you can copy and paste into the SQL box.

CREATE TABLE `SITE_STATISTICS` (
`id` int(12) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
`date` date NOT NULL,
`page` varchar(128) collate utf8_unicode_ci NOT NULL default '',
`ip_address` varchar(25) DEFAULT NULL,
`user_agent` varchar(128) DEFAULT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (`id`),
UNIQUE KEY `page` (`page`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_unicode_ci;

Now click the Go button which is underneath on the right hand side and you have created the table.
You don't need to do anything else other than follow the instructions that come with the extension.

Good luck.

Brian
mindentezzel

Post by mindentezzel »

Hi Brian,

many thanks. Now my page contains the VISIT COUNTER ext. and it runs on the server.

So far so good, but I cannot read the database with my MySQL CRUDE, because I do not know the PRIMARY KEY (or other stratagem). This silly primary key is a mystery for me.

Would you pls tell me how to go further?

Tamas
lummis

Post by lummis »

Hi Tamas

The Primary Key is id

If you go back to phpMyAdmin and click on your database you will find that it has a table called SITE_STATISTICS. If you click on the Structure tab you will see the names of all the fields with id at the top - the yellow key beside the name indicates that it is the Primary Key.

Hope that helps.

Brian
mindentezzel

Post by mindentezzel »

Dear Brian,

thank you for your valuable help. if you could spend another five minutes on me, maybe I would finish this annoying mysql problem. Do you know, is there a running sample that can be seen?

I'm sorry for my awkwardness, I am not able to configure the MySQL CRUD.

Pls look at it here http://www.mediafire.com/view/cuhrgk5x6 ... 0crud1.png
The pic is edited, the names are correct in the crude.

The extension is placed in page1.php

and page1 is on the server in a directory .../visitor/page1.php

Running page1 I get always the following massage:

"Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator at webmaster... to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

This cannot be so complicated! I am very clumsiness, sorry for it :(

Tamas
lummis

Post by lummis »

I haven't used this extension but your image hasn't got any fields from the database. I suggest that you add all the fields - id, date, page, ip_address and user_agent and then test.

The relevant section in the MySQL CRUD instructions is as follows:
Fields
In this section you can add, edit and remove database fields that will be displayed in
the listview and editor. For each field your can also set a title, description/place
holder, type and specify whether it’s a required field.

Important Notes
Before you can configure fields, you must know the structure of the table
Most web hosts support phpMyAdmin, which allows you to view/edit the structure
online.

The primary key must be added to the listview otherwise the script will not work
properly!

Name
Specifies the database field name

Title
Specifies the title that will be used for display (instead of the field name)

Description
Specifies a short hint (place holder) to help the user to fill out the input field. The
text will disappear as soon as the user enters some text.

Show in listview
Specifies whether to display the field in the listview.
Note that all configured fields will be visible in the editor.

Required
Specifies whether this is a required filed. Required fields have a different background
color and if the field is left empty an alert will be displayed.

Type
Specifies the input type.
• editbox, a single line input control
• textarea, a multiline input control
• combobox, a dropdown control with configurable options.
• checkbox, the value will be ‘1’ if checked and ‘0’ if unchecked.
For editbox and textarea you can also set the maximum length.
Brian

EDIT - As I said, I have not used either extension but looking again at the Site Statistics PDF instructions it does not mention using MySQL CRUD for the output although that will display the table line by line. At the moment I can't download the Ste Statistics DEMO to check bu I believe that all you need on your page is the Site Statistics object which will automatically produce the output.
mindentezzel

Post by mindentezzel »

Dear Brian,

I cannot solve it, I'll give up. Maybe tomorrow... :(
Many thanks for your help.

Tamas

Could somebody show me a working version of MySQL CRUD that shows how to configure this one?
lummis

Post by lummis »

Tomas

Did you see my EDIT in previous posting which I made as you were replying?

I am not sure why you need to use MySQL CRUD to view the Site Statistics unless you want to view the database line by line.

Maybe it will all make sense in the morning!

Brian
mindentezzel

Post by mindentezzel »

Thank you so much for yor kind help, Brian
I will give a try tomorrow
Tamas
mindentezzel

Post by mindentezzel »

Magical wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:18 pm Why not use Google Analytics?

https://analytics.google.com
I do not think that google is fine. It gives a lot of unnecessary statistics, tons of pages you never need, but you get only a few raw data, and no ip address at all.
There are much better services of visitor statistics on the market, unfortunately they are not free, but you will get you can use.
In my case, I have so few visitors that I will not pay for visitor statistics.