GZip

This section is for posting questions which are not directly related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Examples of off topics: web server configuration, hosting, programming related questions, third party scripts.

Note that these questions will generally not be answered by the administrators of this forum.
Lasa

GZip

Post by Lasa »

Does anybody know how to use Gzip with WWB...
I'm assuming you export to local pc.. then GZip... but do you zip the whole shebang all folders in one Gzip or in pieces.
Then, upload with filezilla (or whatever ftp program )
Thanks,
Lasa
Lasa

Re: GZip

Post by Lasa »

Seems GZip is on the server (if available) and does the work...we do nothing. Is that correct?
Cheers,
Lasa
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Seems GZip is on the server (if available) and does the work...we do nothing. Is that correct?
Not exactly true, if you are on a Apache server then you yourself will need to write and include a .htacess file on the server for it to work. As not related to WYSIWYG you should contact your host for further help on how to install. the
Lasa

Post by Lasa »

Yeah that seems right. By I don't do anything I meant I didn't have to zip or compress anything. The host seems to have done .htaccess for me.
The numbers went insane for www.brusaproducts.com
For speed score D 64% to A 95% . The actual fully loaded went from 1.5s to 1.1 which doesn't sound alot to me.. but the other scores improved dramatically.
tested at: gtmetrix.com
Google developer also went up conciderable.

Cheers,
Lasa