Is there a way to A/B split test pages?

This section is for posting questions which are not directly related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Examples of off topics: web server configuration, hosting, programming related questions, third party scripts.

Note that these questions will generally not be answered by the administrators of this forum.
Rebel Studio

Is there a way to A/B split test pages?

Post by Rebel Studio »

I'm really hoping there is a way to achieve that.

I'm more involved with Marketing than design these days but WB12 is great for building landing pages but is there a script/method that I can split-test a page?
Pablo

Re: Is there a way to A/B split test pages?

Post by Pablo »

What is 'split-test'?
Is this this standard HTML feature?
Rebel Studio

Post by Rebel Studio »

Split-test means it's loads 2(or more) versions.

So lets say I got 2 landing pages that it will show about 50/50 of the times to user. So user 1 sees page A but user 2 will see page B
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I'm sorry, I do not think that is possible with standard HTML.
WWBman

Post by WWBman »

Rebel Studio wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:59 pm ... So lets say I got 2 landing pages that it will show about 50/50 of the times to user. So user 1 sees page A but user 2 will see page B
Out of curiosity, what criteria determines what user 1 sees and what user 2 sees?
Rebel Studio

Post by Rebel Studio »

I got a plugin for WP and there is also software that let's you A/B test static page only prizes at $279 a month and that isn't even the full option pack but it is determined on percentages.

So 50%/50% means it rotates a page every 1 user, 25%/25%/25%/25% every four.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I'm sorry, I am not familiar with this functionality, it has not been requested (or even mentioned) before.
I think this is a very specific feature that is only useful for a very limited group of users, that is probably why it is so expensive.
ConsciouSince2017

Post by ConsciouSince2017 »

Split testing is when an online marketer/saleperson wants to know if there is something they can change on their website to influence visitors to buy more often. For example, changing the headline text, the layout of the site, or even the color theme can increase sales. Affiliate marketers split test all the time, so this topic is not really relevant to this forum, but there is slight overlap because special software is what keeps track of the 'split test'.

For split testing of landing pages, you can try what are called "link tracking" programs such as LinkTrackr, Optimizely, LeadPages and others. All of these have a monthly cost because they perform a service for you (SaaS). Split testing a site page is more about tracking links and recording traffic metrics, not so much about website design, which is what WWB specializes in.

Good luck.

P.S. If WWB could have this feature, it would be AMAZING!