Webhosts

This section is for posting questions which are not directly related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Examples of off topics: web server configuration, hosting, programming related questions, third party scripts.

Note that these questions will generally not be answered by the administrators of this forum.
Hobbyist

Webhosts

Post by Hobbyist »

Do webhosts provide instructions on how to use "contact" "sign up" "register" and similar commands on their websites? Do they provide information on making your website searchable on the internet?
Hobbyist

Re: Webhosts

Post by Hobbyist »

I am asking for recommendations from the experienced users which webhosts are intuitive for beginners and pros alike. Any recommendations and general information would be helpful.
zinc

Post by zinc »

Where are you based?
Running WYSIWYG Web Builder since 2007...
Hobbyist

Post by Hobbyist »

I am in New York by the Great Lakes. Are you implying I should use a local company? I definitely would prefer a webhost that covers national and international as well with equal priority. I am not marketing locally. With the use of Ebay i would hope to find a national market.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

It wont make a difference were you host from, after all the internet is already a international market, it is really how you market and promote yourself or the goods you sell.

Personally, I would be using a host/server provider from with my own country of origin why? time difference is one, cost is two (exchange rates, vat, sales tax). Another point you would need to consider is if for talking sake you host from any of the EU (European Union) countries you would/will need to comply to GDPR regulations even if you are in the USA again if you host for your country of origin USA and you are selling globally example EU you are still required to comply.

On your original question regarding the use of contact, sign up or registration forms that you may have have built with the software, then I think most host will not provide any help/assistance with there function as this is down to you to understand the use and not part of the hosting package you have bought with them.
Do they provide information on making your website searchable on the internet?
For this you would submit your site to all of the search engines Google, Bing, Yahoo (don't quote me sone hosts may do this for you). Then sit back and wait for the bots/spiders to go out and find your site, this wont be instant, it can take weeks and know at times months (Not software related). Also good SEO can benefit you (note this is something that is not offered here) with ranking and page position when searched for.
zinc

Post by zinc »

Hobbyist wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:51 pm I am in New York by the Great Lakes. Are you implying I should use a local company? I definitely would prefer a webhost that covers national and international as well with equal priority. I am not marketing locally. With the use of Ebay i would hope to find a national market.
In that case GoDaddy is what I recommend to you. I thought you were UK/EU based.
Running WYSIWYG Web Builder since 2007...
Hobbyist

Post by Hobbyist »

In that case GoDaddy is what I recommend to you
I'll take look. Do they offer good support to their users from what you know?
I thought you were UK/EU based
No I am USA.
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

Hobbyist wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:11 pm I am asking for recommendations from the experienced users which webhosts are intuitive for beginners and pros alike. Any recommendations and general information would be helpful.
I use Scala Hosting. Check them out they have a lot of plans for both beginners and proos. They have also plans for you to put up your own webhosting. Real good support with live chat and ticket for issues.
"Make My Day"

See my Website
WebsiteYETcom

Post by WebsiteYETcom »

Take a look at http://www.WebHost-ing.com
Take in all their videos to learn all about hosting etc.
Very informative site....
scribe

Post by scribe »

Hi
This may be slightly off topic, but how do you sell someone an existing website that has a domain and then transfer the software to them in the sale so that they can added content and pages etc when they are buying the site outright?
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

This may be useful to what you are asking. Note this is not related in anyway to the use of the software.
https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/n ... 7-10-10-en

Regarding the transfer of the software. I don't think this is possible due to licence restrictions as it is already registered to you and your email. The person that you sell the 'Site' and 'Domain' to would need to then purchase there own copy with there own email and receive there own licence to use.