GDPR Compliance Outside of the EU

This section is for posting questions which are not directly related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Examples of off topics: web server configuration, hosting, programming related questions, third party scripts.

Note that these questions will generally not be answered by the administrators of this forum.
BaconFries

GDPR Compliance Outside of the EU

Post by BaconFries »

So the 'New' GDPR compliance is in place as of the 25th of the month and has already affected users in the UK trying to access sites in the USA See Link Reading between the lines it seems even if you are not part of the EU but your site in anyway attracts users from any of the EU countries then you are required to also comply with the 'New' compliance rules. How this may or may not effect any member(s) here that are offering extensions, templates free or paid from outside the EU I can't say but it may be advisable to check this for themselves.

Please note I am not implying anything to members/user who offer this service only trying to bring it to there attention on how the 'New' compliance rules may or may not affect them even if they are not part of the 'EU'.
Bluesman

Re: GDPR Compliance Outside of the EU

Post by Bluesman »

Thanks for the reminder "Bacon" I agree with you... I am stationed in Ecuador and feel that I really must update my sites with GDPR, but a little late as usual... :D
"Make My Day"

See my Website
BaconFries

Re: GDPR Compliance Outside of the EU

Post by BaconFries »

Your welcome. It is always better to be safe than sorry considering that the possibility of a fine could be made if compliance is not met, or having your site blocked which has been mentioned in the url.