Booking Form

This section is for posting questions which are not directly related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Examples of off topics: web server configuration, hosting, programming related questions, third party scripts.

Note that these questions will generally not be answered by the administrators of this forum.
bubblegumweb

Booking Form

Post by bubblegumweb »

Hi all,

does anyone know if there is a way to create a booking form which has a calendar and date picker in WYSIWYG? I'm soon to start a new project for a bed & breakfast website but it is going to require the calendar and date picker. I dont' see anything in ready made scripts or in the form builder templates. Maybe there is an extension or something. Could someone please advise

Regards

Gary
Pablo

Re: Booking Form

Post by Pablo »

There is no standard solution for this, create a booking web application usually requires a lot of work/programming.
If you do not have programming experience then can also look at third party booking scripts.
For example: https://www.codester.com/search/?term=booking
bubblegumweb

Post by bubblegumweb »

Thanks for the reply Pablo. I'll check it out

Regards
ruel.lago22

Post by ruel.lago22 »

Well, you have to be creative and imaginative on how you would like it to be processed. Try this WWB I made for you and work it around. Send it using PHP email. If you want to automate it, you may also want to use Zapier.

Note: Decompress the RAR first then open the WBS file. Preview it and work it around. It's made from WWB14 btw.

WBS File: https://www.sendfilessecurely.com/getfi ... ZtUsO3SgHR
bubblegumweb

Post by bubblegumweb »

That's realy good.
I've decided to make my own using the options in the form controls to add a few extra bits. You can see what I have come up with by viewing here: http://365pixel.co.uk/booking/

It's just a dummy page I have created and all seems to work fine. It sends emails to my email address with all the relevant info. Would love to hear your comments.

Regards

Gary
ruel.lago22

Post by ruel.lago22 »

(1)
You should make your website Mobile Friendly. People everywhere use mobile devices to do everything from simple information gathering to purchasing big-ticket items and much, much more. The reason? It’s fast and easy. Consumers in every industry want to connect and get what they’re looking for quickly. If you’re not optimized for mobile, you can’t offer your customers that type of experience. You can do this by adding breakpoints specifically for different screen sizes.

(2)
You should have an SSL certificate present on your website. It helps protect your customers from possible hackers during data transfer and it adds credibility to your website. Google also takes this seriously. The absence of SSL Certificate may greatly affect your SEO. If you are on a tight budget, you may use Let's Encrypt Authority X3, it's a free, automated, and open Certificate Authority. Check https://www.sslforfree.com

(3)
The Form looks ok but I would suggest you look for more template design online to make it more enticing and professionally made.

(4)
Always redirect the customer right after the form submission to a page that informs them that their booking was successful. And what to expect or the things they need to do.

(5)
You should send them an email as well about their booking and what to expect or the things they need to do next.

(6)
Ask for their mobile number so that you can also communicate with them faster rather than exchanging emails.

Good luck!
bubblegumweb

Post by bubblegumweb »

Thank you so much for all the infotmation, I will look into it all.
Regards
alexmasss

Post by alexmasss »

bubblegumweb

Post by bubblegumweb »

Wow, nice, thanks for the link, I'll purchase that one

Regards
me.prosenjeet

Post by me.prosenjeet »

Are you looking for a booking calendar? With time slots and payment accordingly?
Check the new Chat GPT and Malware detect extensions at the link below

Check my WB Extensions
Check my WB Templates
---------------------------------------------------------
www.Lucknowwebs.com
RiaanN

Post by RiaanN »

@ alexmasss

The link that you provided to the EL Hotel. Is there a backend of some sort behind the booking system that will warn you that a day / period is not available because it is already booked by someone else, or is that just a submit form to request a booking

Reagrds

Riaan
me.prosenjeet

Post by me.prosenjeet »

me.prosenjeet wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 5:56 pm Are you looking for a booking calendar? With time slots and payment accordingly?
You may contact me (using the link below) if you are looking for something like what is quoted above.
http://lucknowwebs.com/contact

Check my WB Extensions
Check my WB Templates
www.Lucknowwebs.com
bubblegumweb

Post by bubblegumweb »

me.prosenjeet wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 5:56 pm Are you looking for a booking calendar? With time slots and payment accordingly?
Just booking form that allows a user to select a requested date from a calendar and the selection to be sent with other form information via email
bubblegumweb

Post by bubblegumweb »

Hi all,

I have been working on a web design page for a Bed & Breakfast business. I'm working on the DESKTOP version only at the moment and have not yet got onto desiging the MOBILE version of the website yet. I purchased a booking form from " Dapsonishmeal " and changed it to my needs for the website and I think the design layout is quite pleasing.

Please feel free to comment on the design with any recommendations

http://365pixel.co.uk/oaklands/
me.prosenjeet

Post by me.prosenjeet »

bubblegumweb wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 6:19 am Hi all,

I have been working on a web design page for a Bed & Breakfast business. I'm working on the DESKTOP version only at the moment and have not yet got onto desiging the MOBILE version of the website yet. I purchased a booking form from " Dapsonishmeal " and changed it to my needs for the website and I think the design layout is quite pleasing.

Please feel free to comment on the design with any recommendations

http://365pixel.co.uk/oaklands/
That's a wrong place to post.
Use this part of the forum: https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum ... m.php?f=17

The design is beautiful
I just tried the form:
1. The booking dates... the year is not showing full here.
2. On submitting the form, I am getting a blank page

Check my WB Extensions
Check my WB Templates
www.Lucknowwebs.com
bubblegumweb

Post by bubblegumweb »

Hi Prosenjeet, the website is a working project, and thanks for pointing out the possible errors so far on the website, i'll check them out. I'll move my last post over to the correct area of this forum for displaying my design project so far.

Thanks
Billywiz

Post by Billywiz »

I think viewers would be confused by the date input format as it is blank, consider putting a tooltip on mouseover of the button with the suggested format ie "Please input data in this format 24/09/2018"

Cheers
The Cheapest Car Hire, Worldwide.

Summit Car Hire