WWB 14 Install issue

This section is for posting questions which are not directly related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Examples of off topics: web server configuration, hosting, programming related questions, third party scripts.

Note that these questions will generally not be answered by the administrators of this forum.
Magical

WWB 14 Install issue

Post by Magical »

Greetings,

Trying to install WWB 14 and it gives me attached error. Error occurred while trying to replace file..I restarted the instal with admin rights, same error.

BaconFries

Re: WWB 14 Install issue

Post by BaconFries »

This is a permission issue on your PC. Please make sure the folder you are installing the software in has the correct permissions and is accessible by the setup. Or else remove or rename the folder(s) first.

It may also me related to a issue wirh your AV software so the question is are you running Bitdender AV by any chance? If you you will need to give the software permission to run in it. You will need to do this in its settings.See the following
How to activate WYSIWYG Web Builder? reading from  Bullguard sent the following instructions to help users activate WYSIWYG Web Builder. Thanks to Steve!

Or remove the following and reinstall.
C:\Users\myname\Documents\wisiwyg web builder\system\cms\images\close.png
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

A few other users had this error and it was related to their virus scanner software. It blocked access to the folder, because it thinks WB14 is different software than the one that has created it (the previous version).
You will need to configure your virusscanner to unblock the folder.

or before you install the new version rename the entire folder: Documents\WYSIWYG Web Builder then a new folder will be created with the correct permissions.
Later you can copy back the files from the renamed folder.
Magical

Post by Magical »

Thanks! I have AVAST installed so I just disabled the shields for 10 minutes. Re-ran the install and worked.