2 Do or Not 2 Do

This section is for posting questions which are not directly related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Examples of off topics: web server configuration, hosting, programming related questions, third party scripts.

Note that these questions will generally not be answered by the administrators of this forum.
Post Reply
User avatar
RiaanN
 
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:15 pm

2 Do or Not 2 Do

Post by RiaanN » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:35 am

I have never experience any problem with the 32 Bit version of Web Builder and is therefore a bit hesitant to make the move to the 64 Bit version. Would you guys recommend the move, or are there still too much issues that needs to be ironed out with the 64 Bit version.

Regards

Riaan

User avatar
zinc
 
 
Posts: 1496
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:06 pm
Location: London, United Kingdom

Re: 2 Do or Not 2 Do

Post by zinc » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:39 am

I personally have not experienced any issues with the 64-Bit. However Pablo still recommends not to use it for "real" websites as it is in BETA. Why don't you try it and if there is anything you can report it?

User avatar
Pablo
 
Posts: 17606
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:00 pm
Location: Europe
Contact:

Re: 2 Do or Not 2 Do

Post by Pablo » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:02 am

I have received very little feedback for the 64bit version yet. Just a few users which have found no issues.
However, this has been a major operation, so it would surprise me if I did not make any mistakes in the process.
I do not recommend to use it for production websites yet.

User avatar
Bluesman
 
 
Posts: 539
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:43 pm
Location: Ecuador
Contact:

Re: 2 Do or Not 2 Do

Post by Bluesman » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:31 pm

Pablo wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:02 am
I do not recommend to use it for production websites yet.
I have hard to folow your recommendations Pablo... as it works so good I have started some new projects with the 64-bit. Now when the extensions are ported to I started to migrate 32-bit to 64-bit. "So far so good" :D
But ofcause I saved the 32-bit versions as backup in the time of migration.

Maybee You did no mistakes Pablo :shock:
"Make My Day"

See my Website

antony
 
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:00 pm
Contact:

Re: 2 Do or Not 2 Do

Post by antony » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:26 pm

Hello, i experience issues with my plugins when I open a pre-made project in the 64-bit version. So I would wait a couple of months before I start using it.

User avatar
Pablo
 
Posts: 17606
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:00 pm
Location: Europe
Contact:

Re: 2 Do or Not 2 Do

Post by Pablo » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:51 pm

So I would wait a couple of months before I start using it.
You will need to install 64 bit versions of the extensions.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest