A download area on website

This section is for posting questions which are not directly related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Examples of off topics: web server configuration, hosting, programming related questions, third party scripts.

Note that these questions will generally not be answered by the administrators of this forum.
Jerry

A download area on website

Post by Jerry »

Hi ALl
I know this not a Wb question but I was wondering if anyone can steer me in the right direction on how to setup a "Download a Product" after a person pays for it.
I currently use PayPal in conjunction with "Jotform" on our site and our site is hosted by Godaddy.
This how I perceive on how I would like it to work:
I have an option where a customer can purchase "Product" in a PDF format.
When they would click on the download this product, they would be taken to "PayPal" and make their purchase.
After completing the purchase they would be able to download their purchase by entering the product sku.
I guess I would have to have something in place where they could only download it once?
My knowledge on al this is very limited.
Thank you
Jerry
www.edesignsplans.ca
BaconFries

Re: A download area on website

Post by BaconFries »

What you ask is possible and is usually done by using a IPN set up with your PayPal account. You then you would use a onetime download link (time limited) sent via a email for the customer to use. I note you say that you are using PayPal in conjunction with 'JotForms' does this mean the PayPal button is not of WB? if so then I do know 'JotForms' have there own solution for what you need ( sorry no help offered). I know of two extensions of WB (Paid) well one not sure of the other that allows this and it is
Vibracart Shopping Cart by me.prosenjeet
Vibracart Shopping Cart
Also
[rz] Shopping Suite by [rz]
Shopping Suite
But in reality it would need some custom coding to be added to allow this if using the WB buttons along with setting it with you PayPal account or see 'JetForms' for help.
Jerry

Re: A download area on website

Post by Jerry »

Hey.. thanks for the quick reply.
This is my next project for my site.
I'll take a look at the information you provide and see if I can figure it out.
Thanks again
Jerry
www.edesignsplans.ca