I need some script programming - CGI/Javascript

This section is for posting questions which are not directly related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Examples of off topics: web server configuration, hosting, programming related questions, third party scripts.

Note that these questions will generally not be answered by the administrators of this forum.
gjwilson1216

I need some script programming - CGI/Javascript

Post by gjwilson1216 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:17 am

This is probably pretty simple, but I have no idea how to do it and from wasting the afternoon googling, I am not going to learn quickly.

I have a webpage with a php form. I need the customer to click a link submit a fillable adobe pdf that is then uploaded securely to my web server (I want the actual pdf file, not fhf).

Then I need the pdf window to close, have the form recognize that the pdf was submitted before the customer can use the form submit button.

I know I can do this via php, but this is for a monthly credit card authorization, so I want the "physical" pdf that they sign. It might help, but I have a digital signature box on the form that allows a script to run upon signature completion.

I am also open to an idea for an easier solution.

Grant

gjwilson1216

Re: I need some script programming - CGI/Javascript

Post by gjwilson1216 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:20 pm

Anyone?

I am not expecting this to be a free service, but I am hoping someone can give me some guidance please.

Hurtado

Post by Hurtado » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:46 pm

You need the system to recognize that the PDF is signed, I imagine

pajadt

Post by pajadt » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:13 pm

For that option you must use Adobe Acrobat Professional 6 to create that type forms
Try to find instruction at official page
AdobeAcrobat

gjwilson1216

Post by gjwilson1216 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:11 am

Thank you for the reply pajadt -

I have Adobe and I made the pdf file. I just need the programming to put on the adobe submit button that saves the file as a pdf and closes the browser window - then I imagine sends some kind of direction to the Webbuilder, I was thinking like when that happens the WB submit button could be activated.

From what I understand (which is limited) there is some javascript you can put in the adobe submit button to achieve this. I was going to try to hire a freelancer to do this, but if they aren't familiar with Webbuilder it wont really help me.

Grant

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:12 am

There is no need to hire a freelancer for this. All the information you will require can be found with Acrobat (Adobe) on how to set action buttons etc. Please visit the following url. Setting action buttons in PDF forms note this is for information only so that you can read and implement yourself. A "Google" search using the following "add a submit button to a pdf form" minus the quotes will give you a plentitude of information on how to.