Object Manager - Reposition within Carousel

This section is for posting questions which are not directly related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Examples of off topics: web server configuration, hosting, programming related questions, third party scripts.

Note that these questions will generally not be answered by the administrators of this forum.
MorningLight

Object Manager - Reposition within Carousel

Post by MorningLight »

Hi !

I really don't know if it is a bug, but it seems a little bit weird.

1) I added a Carousel.
2) I added texts and FontAwesome.
3) In Object Manager, I select any component within Carousel and press (+) or (-) to reposition it.
4) Both commands does not reposition the selected component in the list of elements within Carousel.

I don't expect to reposition the component in each frame/slide of Carousel, but just to have a better organization in Object Manager, to help me see which component is linked to each slide.

I have 7 components for each slide. Since I copy/paste and renamed some of them during my task, I have them in a different order than they really appear and, even utilizing suggestive names, the order shown is a little bit confused. Trying to re-position them using plus/minus does not have any effect (but CTRL-plus and CTRL-minus have!)

Eg.:

What I want:

Carousel1
Text1Slide1
Text2Slide1
Text3SLide1
Text1Slide2
Text2Slide2
Text3Slide2

What I have and cannot change

Carousel1
Text1Slide1
Text2Slide1
Text1Slide2
Text2Slide2
Text3SLide1
Text3Slide2

I guess that in some situations (like me, with dozen slides and several elements per slide) this behavior can disturb our view and maintenance of the control in future.

Thanks!
Kindest regards.
Pablo

Re: Object Manager - Reposition within Carousel

Post by Pablo »

I'm sorry this functionality is not available for the Carousel or other multi layer containers.
Multi layer containers are advanced elements, they hide/show elements based on the active panel/slide and these containers control the child element's order/position etc via JavaScript.
The objects manager does not know about this behavior, it simply lists the elements on the page.
MorningLight

Re: Object Manager - Reposition within Carousel

Post by MorningLight »

Thanks Pablo.