*** SOLVED *** LayoutGrid does not respect horizontal align setting

Questions related to the Responsive Web Design tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/respon ... esign.html
Please read this first before posting any questions! Also check out the example project to get an idea how the RWD concept works.

Responsive Web Design FAQ:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/view ... 10&t=63817
Markus

*** SOLVED *** LayoutGrid does not respect horizontal align setting

Post by Markus »

Web Builder 15.0.06 x64 / Win 7 x74

Hello,

after I could solve some problems in a One Pager project with your help, I unfortunately run into two showstoppers again.

I can't solve the following problem even after a long research.

I use a LayoutGrid as container for content. Altogether I use several LayoutGrids with identical settings for the individual sections of the One Pager.

In general I notice after switching to version 15.0.6 that I can only set "left" in the setting "General / Columns / Horizontal". I can select "center" or "right", but this setting is not saved.

If I open the dialog again, it shows "left" again.

When I generate the website and look at the behaviour of the LayoutGrids in a browser, I notice that the section "WIR ÜBER UNS" works correctly. The content is centered, although the LayoutGrid setting is "left".

The section "MARKETING SERVICE" does not work. Here the content is always left aligned, as the LayoutGrid setting shows.

Since I created the section "WIR ÜBER UNS" with an older version of WebBuilder, I suspect that it is a bug that crept into one of the last versions.

Greetings Markus

Last edited by Markus on Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pablo

Re: LayoutGrid does not respect horizontal align setting

Post by Pablo »

You did not select a column, so the alignment will not be applied to anything.
You will need to select a column first.

Related tutorial:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/layoutgrid_part1.html
Markus

Post by Markus »

Ooops, you're right. :oops: I did not selected a column. I had a thinking error and I did it wrong while recording the screen.

BUT: In reality all columns are set to center and so I don't understand why the elements are aligned to the left and not in center when they are wrapped.

Addendum: I found the solution. The problem was the column width setting on the FlexGrid which is inside a LayoutGrid element.

Here I had specified a fixed width of 218 pixels. Each of these FlexGrid with a width of 218 pixels is located in one of the four columns of the LayoutGrid. If there was a wrapping condition, there were no longer four columns next to each other, but only one. But the content (one FlexGrid) was limited to a width of 218 pixels. Hmm, but actually it should have been centered, because all columns of the LayoutGrid are set to center, right?

Anyway, the content will now be displayed over the entire view width when wrapped, which corresponds to my expectations.

Kind regards
Markus
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Please note that you should not mix/nest flex grid and layout grids. The results may be unpredictable. They different layout systems (Bootstrap vs standard CSS).
Even one small change in the future to one of these layout systems may make it stop working.
I strongly recommend to stick with one system.
Markus

Re: *** SOLVED *** LayoutGrid does not respect horizontal align setting

Post by Markus »

Oh, I wasn't aware of that. Thank you very much for this important note.
I now try to convert this section exclusively to LayoutGrid.

Unfortunately I'm (yet) not very experienced in webdesign and its peculiarities, so I'm sorry that I'm currently having so many supposed problems.

Unfortunately the current website has a deadline, which is why I'm always a bit nervous about things that don't go ahead. If I had more time, I would struggle trough myself more.