Page widths and things that don't fit

Questions related to the Responsive Web Design tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/respon ... esign.html
Please read this first before posting any questions! Also check out the example project to get an idea how the RWD concept works.

Responsive Web Design FAQ:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/view ... 10&t=63817
Starb7

Page widths and things that don't fit

Post by Starb7 »

Hi Pablo and all.

Got an issue I can't resolve. I have a site, http://xxxxxx/preview/index.html which looks OK on a standard PC. If I view it on a smaller screens, eg mobile phone and 10" tablet (android) I have two issues:

1. I can pinch-zoom the page to make it smaller that the actual page, leaving a border around the page - how do I stop a user for making the page smaller than the minimum?
2. I have a contact form on each page in the footer - this is an iFrame and is fine on PC but gets cropped off in the mobile and tablet views. I think I have set the view port right, page widths and Layout Grid correctly so not sure why the right edge is getting cropped off. I suspect it's due to the fact I am trying to use an iFrame in a Layout Grid which presumably is not allowed?

One other issue (if you can call it that) is there are way to create a drop-shadow on a text item? I would like to add a white/light-grey drop shadow behind the main text. I guess not and think this would have to be some extension to do this?

Any pointers would be welcome.

TIA
Last edited by Starb7 on Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pablo

Re: Page widths and things that don't fit

Post by Pablo »

There is a scrollbar at the bottom of the page, this indicates that not all elements on the page are flexible.
I think in this case it's caused by: divline

To can add text shadow via styles (Style Manager) or by using the heading object.
Starb7

Post by Starb7 »

As always, excellent and prompt advice, thanks. Not sure why the divline didn't work, just removed it and added it back in and all OK :)

Thanks!
Starb7

Post by Starb7 »

Just to wrap this one up...; I have a background image in Layout Grid 'ribbon_image'. What would be the best way to have that so it can change, say from a selection of 3 or 4? Presumably I need to make it a solid background and use an Extension such as Gallery but are they all compatible with Layout Grids? Also note, I have text over the top of the image. Cheers
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Most extensions can be used in a Layout Grid.

I'm not sure what you mean by "What would be the best way to have that so it can change, say from a selection of 3 or 4?"
Can you please be more specific?
Starb7

Post by Starb7 »

Sorry, yes. I have a Layout Grid that has a background image (set in the Style section) and would like to be able to change that image like you would a carousel/gallery say every 10 seconds to show a different background image. You can't (I cant see how) do that in the 'Style section' of the object and so presumably, you need to use a blank background (the default) and use an extension such as Gallery, etc, to show a changing selection of images. The issue is, which extension is best for Layout Grids and how to I overlay the text on top of the images? If I try and put an object on top of another in the Layout Grid, it just jumps below it. :(

Cheers
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

The background of another cannot be another object.
But an object (like a carousel or slideshow) can be inside a layout grid.
Starb7

Post by Starb7 »

The background of another cannot be another object.
Don't understand what you mean? The image you see IS the background of this Grid. Its that I want to change.
But an object (like a carousel or slideshow) can be inside a layout grid.
OK, but how do i overlay the text on top of such as a carousel?

Cheers
Starb7

Post by Starb7 »

Aghh, back to the original issue of the form not fitting and getting chopped off. You said you saw a scroll bar (I don't) and suggested the DIVLINE, so I deleted that and re-added it on the 'Home' page and all was OK. I copied and pasted that layout grid element and replaced the one on the 'About' link but that still shows the contact form is cropped? How can I see what elements are overlapping? All look OK in the editor... frustrated!

TIA

Cheers

EDIT - I have added a breakpoint in and forced the form to drop under the address box. This works OK but frustrated as to why two pages that are the same (cloned and tweaked) don't work the same. :|
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

A background image not the same as an image object.
The background is a property of the grid. A gallery or slideshow is a separate object.

If you use 'fixed' elements in a flexible layout then the canvas/viewport cannot become smaller than that element and the browser will add scrollbars.
Starb7

Post by Starb7 »

A background image not the same as an image object.
Yes, I know that.
The background is a property of the grid. A gallery or slideshow is a separate object.
yes, I know that too.
If you use 'fixed' elements in a flexible layout then the canvas/viewport cannot become smaller than that element and the browser will add scrollbars.
I am not using a 'fixed' element - unless you mean that adding a LINE element forces it to become fixed?

So, basically, I can't use a background image and need to use a Gallery, OK with that but then how do I overlay the text?

TIA
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

If the full width property of a line is set to 'false', then it will be a fixed element.

In a flexible layout you cannot overlap objects.
But you can use (for example) a carousel with background images (to simulate a slideshow) and inside the Carousel slides use a text object.

Examples:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/suppor ... books.html
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/suppor ... asic2.html
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/suppor ... asic8.html