Integrate date picker and contact form with php mailer?

Questions related to the Responsive Web Design tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/respon ... esign.html
Please read this first before posting any questions! Also check out the example project to get an idea how the RWD concept works.

Responsive Web Design FAQ:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/view ... 10&t=63817
Fredl

Integrate date picker and contact form with php mailer?

Post by Fredl »

Hello,
I have a project that requires a responsive reservation page, I'd like to use the contact form that uses the php mailer to send the contact and date info to a specified email address, however I have read in the forums that the form doesn't do well in layout grid, and that it is better to make the grid the form, however I'm having trouble getting the elements placed properly and working correctly. If I place a Label it takes up the entire layout grid, so that I can't place the related Editbox right next to it. I can place the editbox first, and the label into it, but then the editbox isn't editable,and looking at the available form elements I don't see the "Submit" button that is tied to the php mailer in the standard "contact" form. I need help using the grid as a form, I'd like to include the datepicker js as well if possible. I found that the JS wizard places what looks like an upload box/function which when I double click to view the properties includes a "Form" tab, where I can set up the php mailer , but I can't figure out how to edit the form itself to include the contact info, capcha and submit buttons. It only has "step 1 and 2" available. Have any of you done something similar? I'd appreciate any help or step-by step walkthrough, as I'm still learning my way around WB14, despite having used it successfully to build several web-pages. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
Pablo

Re: Integrate date picker and contact form with php mailer?

Post by Pablo »

If I place a Label it takes up the entire layout grid, so that I can't place the related Editbox right next to it.
If you see the 'full width' property to false then it will be an inline element, so it is not edge-to-edge.
Or you can place the label in a separate column (or nested grid).
and looking at the available form elements I don't see the "Submit" button.
The (submit) button can be found in the form tools: Button.

Note that the form elements are unrelated to the the selected mail engine. PHP Mailer is just the form processing script, it does not affect the layout.

In the templates there are several examples of flexible/responsive forms.
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/templates8.html
Fredl

Post by Fredl »

Thank you Pablo, I'll keep all of that in mind as I try again. How do I integrate the "Datepicker in the form, so that the information selected there is sent with the contact field information?
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Just drag the date picker to the Form open its properties and set as required by yourself.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

You can add the date picker to the layout grid, like any other object.
Fredl

Post by Fredl »

I made the form from individual elements and placed them in a grid, chose the .php mailer, set the success and failure pages, added the date picker and got everything aligned nicely. The .php mailer reminds you to use the .php extension for the page on which the form sits, so I did so. It looks fine, except the entire top of the page is covered in code. What did I do that might have caused that?
Hmm, the image doesn't appear to have worked, it's here: https://imgur.com/a/FTMsAum
Thanks again for your help everybody.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

You cannot Preview php locally to view you are required to upload toyour host/server which must support php.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

You will need to publish the page to the server. PHP cannot be previewed in your local browser.

See also the FAQ:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=32967