Best Navigation for FlexGrid

Questions related to the Responsive Web Design tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/respon ... esign.html
Please read this first before posting any questions! Also check out the example project to get an idea how the RWD concept works.

Responsive Web Design FAQ:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/view ... 10&t=63817
Idler

Best Navigation for FlexGrid

Post by Idler »

Hi

Which is the best navigation menu to use on a Flex Grid. I want it to be horizontal text in Default view but drop down menu in mobile view.

Thanks
I
Pablo

Re: Best Navigation for FlexGrid

Post by Pablo »

Navigation menus are usually inside a header. I do no see the advanced of using a flex grid for that.
Idler

Post by Idler »

Pablo wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:43 pm Navigation menus are usually inside a header. I do no see the advanced of using a flex grid for that.
I don't understand. Are you saying that you cannot have a nav menu in a Flex Grid design? I am designing a site using Flex Grid and I need to be able to navigate from page to page. I need the nav menu to be responsive so that in the default size it is text across the screen but when it is seen on a mobile it is a drop down menu.
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

Need more info. Is the menu to be at the top? Is it to be always visible or does it scroll with the page?
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

For a list of all the available navigation tools please see this tutorial:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/navigation.html

Basically they all should work in a flex grid. However as previous mentioned , the question is why do you want to put the navigation in a flexgrid?
Most menus are in the page header.
Idler

Post by Idler »

Pablo wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:12 am For a list of all the available navigation tools please see this tutorial:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/navigation.html

Basically they all should work in a flex grid. However as previous mentioned , the question is why do you want to put the navigation in a flexgrid?
Most menus are in the page header.
I don't understand. If the page is being designed in Flex Grid setting, how is the 'header' not in the Flex Grid. I am confused.

As I have stated, what I am trying to achieve is to have a nav bar/menu that runs horizontally in text in Default/wide screen mode but 'responds' to become a drop down menu in mobile mode. My current attempts are not being responsive.
Idler

Post by Idler »

crispy68 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:31 am Need more info. Is the menu to be at the top? Is it to be always visible or does it scroll with the page?
http://www.screamingbluemurdercomedy.co ... -grid.html

I am trying to learn how to build a website with Flex Grid so have started with a very easy design from which to learn. All going well until I wanted to include a nav menu. It looks fine in Default view but nothing I use is responsive in Mobile view. I have no idea what I am doing wrong and I just want to learn how to fix this issue. Once I understand what I have done wrong I will be able to move forward but this is so basic and I am stuck. Any help/advice much appreciated.

Thanks
I
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

The menu does not work because the file 'wb.panel.min.js' is not on the server.
Please publish all files.
StudentDonald

Post by StudentDonald »

Hey Idler, I have asked the same question. Coming over from FrontPage using tables/frames and a program that uses bootstrap as it's kernel. So I thought the layout grid is the way to go for everything except for the Content Place Holder with the master frame option. I just wanted a simple site with a couple of images and mostly text. Did not need floating layers or anything fancy, so I thought the layout grid was the way to go as any object can be placed in one and not have to do break points. Don't have to mess with a header or footer and everything is good in grid land. Well......almost.

So I tried all 14 bar/menu's under navigation plus the Themeable Menu inside the layout grid and here are the ones that work the best:

(Not in any order)
Responsive Menu
Themeable Menu (bootstrap)
Text Menu
Tab Menu
Go Menu

You are setting a break point within the menu properties, if there is one to set, yes? You may need to set a break point within the page for the menu to collapse down at the lower page widths also. And you will have to experiment with how many objects you place in a grid and watch how they stack as you check the page width sliding left and back. Like text with 3 lines or 3 separate lines of text. Or placing something in another grid below. GOOD LUCK

Regards

(Found a good video about the themeable menu, how it works and how it works inside a layout grid.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELmjKdiqfYA
Idler

Post by Idler »

StudentDonald wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:14 am Hey Idler, I have asked the same question. Coming over from FrontPage using tables/frames and a program that uses bootstrap as it's kernel. So I thought the layout grid is the way to go for everything except for the Content Place Holder with the master frame option. I just wanted a simple site with a couple of images and mostly text. Did not need floating layers or anything fancy, so I thought the layout grid was the way to go as any object can be placed in one and not have to do break points. Don't have to mess with a header or footer and everything is good in grid land. Well......almost.

So I tried all 14 bar/menu's under navigation plus the Themeable Menu inside the layout grid and here are the ones that work the best:

(Not in any order)
Responsive Menu
Themeable Menu (bootstrap)
Text Menu
Tab Menu
Go Menu

You are setting a break point within the menu properties, if there is one to set, yes? You may need to set a break point within the page for the menu to collapse down at the lower page widths also. And you will have to experiment with how many objects you place in a grid and watch how they stack as you check the page width sliding left and back. Like text with 3 lines or 3 separate lines of text. Or placing something in another grid below. GOOD LUCK

Regards

(Found a good video about the themeable menu, how it works and how it works inside a layout grid.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELmjKdiqfYA
Many thanks, StudentDonald