Noobish question regarding CSS

Questions related to the Responsive Web Design tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/respon ... esign.html
Please read this first before posting any questions! Also check out the example project to get an idea how the RWD concept works.

Responsive Web Design FAQ:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/view ... 10&t=63817
Scollurio

Noobish question regarding CSS

Post by Scollurio » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:33 pm

Hello fellow webbuilders,
I've got a really noobish Question. I'm tasked with maintaining a Magento online presence and for this Purpose I'm supposed to create "nice to look at" content pages. I have a Basic understanding of html and CSS but I am really a Commercial graphics designer used to work with menu-heavy visual programs. For this reason I got myself WebBuilder14, so far so good - I really like it.

My plan is/was to create a rough layout of a page using reponsive grids and then copy/paste it over into the Magento page Manager. So far it somewhat works but I stumbled over a Problem - every text is styled with a certain font by defualt- which I think might be solved by answering these 2 questions:

1) Is there a way to create inline-CSS in WebBuilder by changing the CSS Settings in the options?
2) Is there a way to create text that is NON-styled by default?

The Magento page I'm supposed to fill with Content has it's own CSS style sheet going so things like normal paragraph text, links and headings are already defined. Now when I create some kind of text in WebBuilder it's already styled, by Default with an arial font. Is there a way to just have it "blank" so the already-in-place CSS sheet takes over? I already tried removing styling definitions from the created HTML by hand only ending up with those elements missing completely. I know I'm missing something here, as I only have a very basic understanding of CSS and HTML.

Help is very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Scollurio

Pablo

Re: Noobish question regarding CSS

Post by Pablo » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:09 pm

I'm sorry, WYSIWYG Web Builder was not designed for this purpose. So, there is no option to published unstyled pages.

However, you can styles (with the style manager) so the text will not contain inline styling.
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/style_manager.html

Scollurio

Post by Scollurio » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:49 pm

Thank you for your response. No Need to be sorry, since I really enjoy WB14 otherwise. Now that Dreamweaver turned into a coding tool more than anything else - which for my skill level is unsuited.

Using the style Manager, wouldn't it be the most sensible thing to get my hands on the original stylesheet file from the Magento shop and Import it, using the real styles already in WB?

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:25 pm

I do not think that will work.
Magento probably has its own style definitions that do not make sense in the context of WWB's objects.

Scollurio

Post by Scollurio » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:37 pm

Hmm. Gotta find a solution or workaround then, since I enjoy the well flowing work with WB14 but lack the skills to "hardcode" any complex html or css contraptions off the top of my head. I guess having a layout grid inline-styled and otherwise blank content for the Magento-css to do it's magic is the goal I should aim for right? I might be able to use WB14 as a "guideline" so I don't have to put in code manually (as this is very abstract to me) but then EDIT the object HTML step by step to fit my needs. Wish me luck. If anyone still has anye recommendations or tips, they'd be very appreciated!

Thanks so far for your support and quick response!

-Scollurio

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:56 pm

I do not have any experience with Magento so I cannot advise you what the best way is to make this work.
For me, it would probably also take a lot of time to figure this out.