Responsive Menu showing under image

Questions related to the Responsive Web Design tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/respon ... esign.html
Please read this first before posting any questions! Also check out the example project to get an idea how the RWD concept works.

Responsive Web Design FAQ:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/view ... 10&t=63817
LynneRipley

Responsive Menu showing under image

Post by LynneRipley » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:03 am

We are using a flex grid with a header across the top and the 2nd row is a responsive menu.

Our main page looks good until we make the browser small so that the responsive menu changes to just a hamburger icon with the "Menu" in the center.

When we click on the menu the drop down appears but is under the image that is normally just displayed under the responsive menu.

How do we make the drop-down menu appear in front of the image?

Please help.

Lynne & Scott

P.S.: I was going to attach an image but when I clicked on the icon in this forum to add an image it just put img in the brackets... how does that work?

Pablo

Re: Responsive Menu showing under image

Post by Pablo » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:21 am

Normally, a drop down menu is part of a page header object. A page header can be set to 'in front of content'.

LynneRipley

Post by LynneRipley » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:37 pm

oh. I have so much yet to learn. :(

What I had done before reaching out for help was I had created a FlexGrid and put everything in there.

Do you have an example showing a page header with a responsive menu and a flex grid for the body of the page?

I tried moving my responsive menu to a page header object but then preview showed that my flex grid was showing under the menu. In other words, the responsive menu was now covering up the flex grid contents even before selecting a drop down menu box.

And, while my flex grid was moving while the browser was being resized, the responsive menu never stayed centered.

So, I think I need an example to follow.

[img]c:\$\imagetest.jpg[/img]
If that doesn't work, I'm still trying to figure this part of the forum out too...

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:33 am

I tried moving my responsive menu to a page header object but then preview showed that my flex grid was showing under the menu.
You will need to set the page header to 'floating' or add margin at the top of the first flex grid to create an offset.

You can find examples here:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/templates8.html