Carousel and text on slides

Questions related to the Responsive Web Design tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/respon ... esign.html
Please read this first before posting any questions! Also check out the example project to get an idea how the RWD concept works.

Responsive Web Design FAQ:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/view ... 10&t=63817
Little Owl

Carousel and text on slides

Post by Little Owl » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:29 am

Hi,

Using the carousel I found a few quirks that I have manged to resolve except one.

Firstly - I found out that if you want the text on each slide to be different & not be a shared item between slides you can't copy paste the text from one slide to the next you need to insert a new text item.

But the issue I can't resolve is having a shape or layer with reduced opacity behind the text - it always wants to come to the front. Any way to fix this?

Thanks.

BaconFries

Re: Carousel and text on slides

Post by BaconFries » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:02 am

This is not a issue, simply normal HTML behavior. Any and all child (text) elements on a HTML container (Layer) will inherit the opacity of it.
Note it is possible that you can change the alpha value of the background color, this will not affect the content of the layer.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:59 am

You can copy/paste text between slides. However you cannot directly paste objects inside the Carousel. You will need to drag objects to the Carousel to make them part of the slides.

Little Owl

Post by Little Owl » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:34 am

Thanks for the replies.

Regards the text taking on the opacity setting of the layer shape below it - I find the same thing happens if i use a shape.

However in my previous web design program (W*b**s X*) i never had an issue doing this, so guess they must have used a different process in their slider function etc?

What is a work around to achieve my goals in WWB? Could I create text & convert it to an image as I don't need the text for SEO necessarily?

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:01 am

Regards the text taking on the opacity setting of the layer shape below it - I find the same thing happens if i use a shape.
This is normal HTML behavior. If you change the opacity of the container then it will affect all child elements.
If you want a semitransparent background then you should set the alpha value of the background color instead.

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:26 pm

I find the same thing happens if i use a shape.
As my answer to a 'Layer' the same applies to a 'Shape' to resolve you can set the Alpha value of the shape.

Little Owl

Post by Little Owl » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:19 am

Ok - got it! Wasn't originally reading your reply with the brain engaged. Thanks for explaining it again. :lol: